PDA

View Full Version : Is challenging someone to a race with rediculous terms........

Vteckidd
10-18-2007, 10:30 AM
I mean how many times on this forum (even by myself) have people gotten to the point where they challenge or callout people to REDICULOUS proposals.

Ive seen guys callout people and act all hardcore and gangsta when THEY KNOW THE OTHER GUYS CAR IS DOWN and will be DOWN FOR AWHILE. Its easy to talk tough when you know there is no chance the other person can run you.

Ive seen guys challenge others for TITLEs or PINKS. And then when the other party says "HELL NO" im not racing you for titles, the instigating party talks **** and calls the other guy a ***** and says hes bitching out. Its easy to talk tough when you know your proposition is impossible to be met and their will be no race.

Ive most recently seen guys challenge other people to be BANNED from forums forever or give up their moderator status. Not just my incident with Tank, im talking about on other forums as well.

So my question is:

When someone issues a callout that THEY KNOW is not going to happen, whose the bigger puss*y, the guy making the callout, or the guy with enough sense not to race for something stupid...

When someone declines and tries to renegotiate, since when does that negate a loss? why is that considered "bitching out" when you dont accept rediculous terms?

Vote accordingly

iloveboost
10-18-2007, 10:38 AM
Basically what I gather is this: Tank is scared to race and he should be banned. This is all.

Vteckidd
10-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Basically what I gather is this: Tank is scared to race and he should be banned. This is all.
LOL im not gonna make this about him and me.

But your right, he challenged me to a race to terms i CANT accept. I attempted to renegotiate, he declined, i gave in and accepted his terms, and now he wont race because i declined at first.

But in general, ive seen alot of this go on

Maniaç
10-18-2007, 10:41 AM
When I call someone out, its all in good spirit to me. Anything else seems kinda stupid. Money runs are ok though. =D

On_Her_Face
10-18-2007, 11:58 AM
if the terms are re****ulous why even do it, waste of gas.. the best races are the closest ones. :goodjob:

AnclyT
10-18-2007, 01:54 PM
i'll only race for death.. *in an evil voice*
:lmao:
LOL

UpSideDownDesi
10-18-2007, 02:33 PM
When I call someone out, its all in good spirit to me. Anything else seems kinda stupid. Money runs are ok though. =D
x2
P.S Mike i think you are going lil too crazy with these threads. How long does it take for you to calm down? I don't really see the point to all these threads after the first one....i think we all got the point. I know for fact if someone else would have done the same...threads on top of threads...he/she would have been banned by now. I know you are mature..show it a lil...things happen...move on.

Tank
10-18-2007, 02:41 PM
ahhh i see my monkey is still dancing for me ok mike lets make it real clear---

mike is just pissed that he turned me down and looked like a chump backing out, if you say you didnt go to this thread..

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142927

and look at post #21, and his responce to that post... #41 & #54, thats two times he declined after i changed from him getting banned to just being a normal section mod of his sponsor section. Someone else stated this in another thread but mike deleted it.

really Mike grow up man no matter how many wanna-be insults or lil followers you gather facts wont change and you cant hide it or delete and lock it like you normally do.

Now to answer your question no its not wrong to decline a unbearable bid for a race however if the person who calls you out changes there terms to reasonable one there shouldnt be a issue...........................But once a callout is declined thats it, its over for that callout............

Tank

Vteckidd
10-18-2007, 03:01 PM
Once again for you illiterate ARMY people

this is a general thread, not just about TANK. Tank doesnt concern me anymore, ill run into him eventually, he cant hide an play HALO forever, and when i find him in public, maybe at a V meet or in Gnette somewhere, ill just embaress him in person.

An if your keeping score, tank declined MY callout so technically in his world we are 1-1

back to the thread

Vteckidd
10-18-2007, 03:03 PM
and again, i declined a race that had rediculous terms. so i didnt CHUMP or BACK out of anything. to back out i would have had to ACCEPT, which i never did.

This isnt about YOU though so dont try to make it

iloveboost
10-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Now to answer your question no its not wrong to decline a unbearable bid for a race however if the person who calls you out changes there terms to reasonable one there shouldnt be a issue...........................But once a callout is declined thats it, its over for that callout............
Tank
I forgot you were the creator of callouts and knower of all things street racing. I'm glad you could clarify that with your infinite wisdom and astonishing insight.

So when Mike called you out you basically declined his race making you the loser of that as well?

Have you ever even raced anyone worth mentioning?

And the only way you'd be considered untouchable is because you never bring that thing out to race.

1000cckiller
10-18-2007, 03:08 PM
x2
P.S Mike i think you are going lil too crazy with these threads. How long does it take for you to calm down? I don't really see the point to all these threads after the first one....i think we all got the point. I know for fact if someone else would have done the same...threads on top of threads...he/she would have been banned by now. I know you are mature..show it a lil...things happen...move on.x2 that is the best post, anyone has made in a minute.

Vteckidd
10-18-2007, 03:10 PM
Ive most recently seen guys challenge other people to be BANNED from forums forever or give up their moderator status. Not just my incident with Tank, im talking about on other forums as well.

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT.

This isnt a thread about TANK, so stop making it one

Tank
I forgot you were the creator of callouts and knower of all things street racing. I'm glad you could clarify that with your infinite wisdom and astonishing insight.

So when Mike called you out you basically declined his race making you the loser of that as well?

no response needed for peon follwer #1 :no:

Tank
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT.

This isnt a thread about TANK, so stop making it one
sawy :(

Vteckidd
10-18-2007, 03:11 PM

And the only way you'd be considered untouchable is because you never bring that thing out to race.
No response needed cause the answer is

1) lives in his own world
2) doesnt race anyone
3) has no balls

1000cckiller
10-18-2007, 03:11 PM
I love how all people on this board talk ****, but when you see them in person. Its like they have a zipper on their mouth.

Vteckidd
10-18-2007, 03:14 PM
I love how all people on this board talk ****, but when you see them in person. Its like they have a zipper on their mouth.
That goes for Tank too right? cause hes the same way.

He is all cool an nice in person, then the second he gets home he gets on the internet an BAM, mr. gangster wanna be.

Ill talk **** to him in person, but he wont meet up with me :(

iloveboost
10-18-2007, 03:14 PM
no response needed for peon follwer #1 :no:
No response is needed because it was a rhetorical question. We all know you've never raced anything worth something.

Why don't you scurry on back to the BYT forums and talk about Halo and leave the racing to the guys that actually run something other than their keyboard.

1000cckiller
10-18-2007, 03:17 PM

He is all cool an nice in person, then the second he gets home he gets on the internet an BAM, mr. gangster wanna be.

Ill talk **** to him in person, but he wont meet up with me :(This goes for all. I dont care what goes down, if you man enough to e-thug be man enough to talk **** to the persons face.

The Youngn
10-18-2007, 03:18 PM
you guys should play a game of chess

iloveboost
10-18-2007, 03:18 PM
I don't see anyone talking trash. I see people speaking the truth.

This forum is about racing. Tank doesn't race and it's as simple as that. I've called him out and he never replied to my PM when I asked details about where he wanted to meet, he won't race Lightspeed, and he dodged racing Thacker and LT1UltraZ when they called him out in a different thread. Seems there's a convenient excuse everytime.

It's just a race. Life won't be over if you lose, Tank.

SE-Rious1
10-18-2007, 03:19 PM
thats why i drive slower car's to avoid callouts lol

On_Her_Face
10-18-2007, 03:21 PM
thats why i drive slower car's to avoid callouts lol
you and me.. to the railroad tracks! (exacty a 1/4 mile)

ksniperfox
10-18-2007, 03:22 PM
i also like halo :(

OT, dont race on terms. race for fun.

1000cckiller
10-18-2007, 03:23 PM
one thing I know is tank just had a kid last week, so if it was me I wouldnt be doing **** for the first couple of weeks. Two, people have talked **** and always have something to say. If you are a real man, you wouldnt even post this useless bs, you would call him because you have his number and settle it.

SE-Rious1
10-18-2007, 03:23 PM
hey i live my life a 1/4 mile at a time it just takes me a lil longer to get there

OG-Skinny
10-18-2007, 03:24 PM
I don't see the point in racing a slower/faster car when you KNOW your going to lose, but givin the previous terms, I'd gladly show up for an easy $100. I'd pocket the money, say nothing and be on my way.

SE-Rious1
10-18-2007, 03:26 PM
a race to find the slowest car would be interesting lol id have dibs on a geo metro with its 60hp 3 cyl

OG-Skinny
10-18-2007, 03:27 PM
BTW// MIKE, just call SPEED and request a PINKS matchup between you and tank.. That'll solve problems

Vteckidd
10-18-2007, 03:27 PM
BUt how do you KNOW my car is slower?

HP numbers dont reflect:
Gearing
DRIVER

Vteckidd
10-18-2007, 03:28 PM
one thing I know is tank just had a kid last week, so if it was me I wouldnt be doing **** for the first couple of weeks. Two, people have talked **** and always have something to say. If you are a real man, you wouldnt even post this useless bs, you would call him because you have his number and settle it.
Gimme his number, ill call him, i dont have it

Tank
10-18-2007, 03:28 PM

Ill talk **** to him in person, but he wont meet up with me :(
thats funny for all the people who ahd beef with me to had met me in person not one has swung...................NOT ONE :thinking: HMMM WEIRD LOL

iloveboost
10-18-2007, 03:30 PM
I argee with that. Except for the fact that he's calling out slower cars and wants to race.

He should have no problem racing other cars if he's picking on slower cars. Especially considering the mammoth-sized turbo on nitrous equipped Supra.

Tank
or halo :yes:

OG-Skinny
thats funny for all the people who ahd beef with me to had met me in person not one has swung...................NOT ONE :thinking: HMMM WEIRD LOL

Cuz, we all now violence is not the answer.

GGPIS3
10-18-2007, 03:31 PM

bring the chess board over... lets do this!

Tank
10-18-2007, 03:31 PM
I argee with that. Except for the fact that he's calling out slower cars and wants to race.

He should have no problem racing other cars if he's picking on slower cars. Especially considering the mammoth-sized turbo on nitrous equipped Supra.
i called mike out for one reason because of the comment he made, i knew he had nothing to back it up with and he proved it with his several declines and his followers helped by calling it unfair until he finally manned up 24 hrs later after declining and begged for a race :lmfao:

Tank
10-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Cuz, we all now violence is not the answer.
:yes: non-violent FTW

On_Her_Face
10-18-2007, 03:32 PM
i called mike out for one reason because of the comment he made, i knew he had nothing to back it up with and he proved it with his several declines and his followers helped by calling it unfair until he finally manned up 24 hrs later after declining and begged for a race :lmfao:
which makes you look even worse for not taking hit.. all jokes aside

On_Her_Face
10-18-2007, 03:33 PM
hey i live my life a 1/4 mile at a time it just takes me a lil longer to get there

atleast you live longer :lmao:

BABY J
10-18-2007, 03:40 PM
On topic.

This is how I see it. You either wanna be racing, or you don't. To make rediculous terms says to me that you're an idiot to start with, or you just wanna hear yourself talk. I'm 28 - not the oldest, but not the greenest guy on the boards either -- and what I am seeing is the entire art of street/track racing being disrespected. My dad kept it simple - cash, gas, or ass - lol. If ur not racing for one of those 3 (or slips - but that's not realistic) then OMG STFU GTFO. I mean are we REALLY whittled down to running for God-d*mned mod powers on a message board??? WTF Tank. Tank - you're my boy. I truly feel like the only reason why we aren't tighter is b/c I left ATL soon after we met. But real talk - keep related to racing man. Hit 'em in the pocket, or simply for bragging rights if you're both broke, but IMO whether some1 is a mod or not has little or no value - and it's not really fair to tie that in to a race. There is not a mod on the board who can die today and stop the whole IA show - so that's a moot point. While I'm not gonna beat up on my projects just for the hell of it and want some1 to put some skin in the game, it's gonna be something we both can agree to - if u don't like Mike, or vice versa, mod powers is not going the change that - this is the internet, it's not that damn serious.

In Indy, we (imports) are outnumbered and basically outclassed for the most part. There are call-outs where a big-tire notch wants to sit down w/ a wrong-wheel-drive hatch. We gladly oblige - but it's OBV that people are not understanding the diff between the dig and the roll races. Anyway you slice it, an idiot can make even a high hp car perform from the roll - in that sense, you're largely figuring out the superior VEHICLE. From the dig, you're dialing in the best driver as well as the vehicle --- hell, throw the pro-tree up and you focus on the driver even more. There HAS to be some kinda medium when you are referring to different driveline layouts. But those differences should be fair, and should revolve around racing, or revolve around the vehicles. Look at World-Challenge, those guys do it all w/ weight penalties for AWD or turbo cars and the class is pretty damn competetive (even tho those damn mazdas are stronger than sh*t!!)

On the LEGAL side of it, when you wanna get technical - if some1 calls you out - and you say the word "no" - then you backed down - no way around it. IDK if you told Tank "no" Mike, but if you said no when you should have said "whoa" (as in let's change the terms), then you made a simple mistake. Either way - no biggy. If you declined the run, you declined the run. In my mind, these 2 following scenarios are the same:

1)

--> A calls out B, w/ rediculous/unsuitable terms
--> B says no
*that call-out is basically declined

--> B IMMEDIATELY calls out A, different terms
--> A accepts

2)

--> B declines those TERMS (not declining the race)
--> B IMMEDIATELY motions for different terms
--> A accepts

To me - both of those scenarios are the same thing, just a slightly different way of getting to the same conclusion - but personally I'd never decline to run ANYBODY - but I will decline your terms and motion for somerthing more agreeable.

For SOME reason on this board, when some1 declines a run - you're looked at as a b*tch. I do not see it as such. I see it as you declined a run. I've backed down on the street for NO other reason that my gut feeling told me to -- I do not ignore those feelings, they rarely lead me wrong. HOWEVER comma, when you decline a run - it's over. You can def make a call-out of your own, but that run you declined. Basically - people need to learn the difference between TERM negotiation and backing down altogether.

*discuss

Tank
10-18-2007, 03:47 PM
On topic.

This is how I see it. You either wanna be racing, or you don't. To make rediculous terms says to me that you're an idiot to start with, or you just wanna hear yoursef talk. I'm 28 - not the oldest, but not the greenest guy on the boards either -- and what I am seeing is the entire art of street/track racing being disrespected. My dad kept it simple - cash, gas, or ass - lol. If ur not racing for one of those 3 (or slips - but that's not realistic) then OMG STFU GTFO. I mean are we REALLY whittled down to running for God-d*mned mod powers on a message board? WTF Tank. Tank - ur my boy. I truly feel like the only reason why we aren't tighter is b/c I left ATL soon after we met. But real talk - keep it around racing. Whether some1 is a mod or not has little or no value - there is not a mod on the board who can die today and stop the whole IA show - so that's a moot point. While I'm not gonna beat up on my projects just for the hell of it and want some1 to put some skin in the game, it's gonna be something we both can agree too.

In Indy, we (imports) are outnumbered and basically outclassed. There are call-outs where a big-tire notch wants to sit down w/ a wrong-wheel-drive hatch. We gladly oblige - but OBV people are not understanding the diff between the dig and the roll racing here. Anyway u slice it, and idiot can make even a high hp car perform from the roll - in that sense, you're largely figuring out the superior VEHICLE. From the dig, ur dialing in the best driver as well as the vehicle --- hell, throw the pro-tree up and u focus on the driver even more -. There HAS to be some kinda medium when you are referring to different driveline layouts. But those differences should be fair, and should revolve around racing. Look at World-Challenge, those guys do it all w/ weight penalties for AWD or turbo cars and the class is pretty damn competetive (even tho those damn mazdas are stronger than sh*t!!

On the LEGAL side of it, when you wanna get technical - if some1 calls you out - and you say the word "no" - then you backed down - no way around it. IDK if u told Tank "no" Mike, but if you said no when you should have said "whoa" (as in let's change the terms), then you made a simple mistake. Either way - no biggy. If you declined the run, you declined the run. In my mind, these 2 following things are the same:

1)

--> B says no

--> A accepts

2)

--> A accepts

To me - both of those scenarios are the same thing, just a slightly different way of getting to the same conclusion - but personally I'd never decline to run ANYBODY - but I will decline your terms and motion for somerthing more agreeable.

For SOME reason on the board, when some1 declines a run - ur looked at as a b*tch. I do not see it as such. I see it as u declined a run. I've backed down on the street for NO other reason that my gut feeling told me to -- I do not ignore those feelings, they rarely lead me wrong. HOWEVER comma, when you decline a run - it's over. You can def make a call-out of your own, but that run you declined. Basically - people need to learn the difference between TERM negotiation and backing down altogether.

*discuss

**** man you went deep ass **** there but i feel you on what you sayin

FAHHQUE700
10-18-2007, 03:48 PM
http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_mar2007/PrimateTattoo.jpg

Vteckidd
10-18-2007, 03:52 PM
On topic.

This is how I see it. You either wanna be racing, or you don't. To make rediculous terms says to me that you're an idiot to start with, or you just wanna hear yourself talk. I'm 28 - not the oldest, but not the greenest guy on the boards either -- and what I am seeing is the entire art of street/track racing being disrespected. My dad kept it simple - cash, gas, or ass - lol. If ur not racing for one of those 3 (or slips - but that's not realistic) then OMG STFU GTFO. I mean are we REALLY whittled down to running for God-d*mned mod powers on a message board??? WTF Tank. Tank - you're my boy. I truly feel like the only reason why we aren't tighter is b/c I left ATL soon after we met. But real talk - keep related to racing man. Hit 'em in the pocket, or simply for bragging rights if you're both broke, but IMO whether some1 is a mod or not has little or no value - and it's not really fair to tie that in to a race. There is not a mod on the board who can die today and stop the whole IA show - so that's a moot point. While I'm not gonna beat up on my projects just for the hell of it and want some1 to put some skin in the game, it's gonna be something we both can agree to - if u don't like Mike, or vice versa, mod powers is not going the change that - this is the internet, it's not that damn serious.

In Indy, we (imports) are outnumbered and basically outclassed for the most part. There are call-outs where a big-tire notch wants to sit down w/ a wrong-wheel-drive hatch. We gladly oblige - but it's OBV that people are not understanding the diff between the dig and the roll races. Anyway you slice it, an idiot can make even a high hp car perform from the roll - in that sense, you're largely figuring out the superior VEHICLE. From the dig, you're dialing in the best driver as well as the vehicle --- hell, throw the pro-tree up and you focus on the driver even more. There HAS to be some kinda medium when you are referring to different driveline layouts. But those differences should be fair, and should revolve around racing, or revolve around the vehicles. Look at World-Challenge, those guys do it all w/ weight penalties for AWD or turbo cars and the class is pretty damn competetive (even tho those damn mazdas are stronger than sh*t!!)

On the LEGAL side of it, when you wanna get technical - if some1 calls you out - and you say the word "no" - then you backed down - no way around it. IDK if you told Tank "no" Mike, but if you said no when you should have said "whoa" (as in let's change the terms), then you made a simple mistake. Either way - no biggy. If you declined the run, you declined the run. In my mind, these 2 following scenarios are the same:

1)

--> B says no

--> A accepts

2)

--> A accepts

For SOME reason on this board, when some1 declines a run - you're looked at as a b*tch. I do not see it as such. I see it as you declined a run. I've backed down on the street for NO other reason that my gut feeling told me to -- I do not ignore those feelings, they rarely lead me wrong. HOWEVER comma, when you decline a run - it's over. You can def make a call-out of your own, but that run you declined. Basically - people need to learn the difference between TERM negotiation and backing down altogether.

*discuss

My exact words were

NO I WONT RACE FOR MY MOD RIGHTS, how about $100

but again this isnt about Bitchass TANK, its a general statement

If tank bothered me so much id put a bounty on his head and find him in 30 minutes. All i gotta do is tell someone $100 to find out where tank is at any given time and id find him. Tank doesnt have alot of friends.

BABY J
10-18-2007, 03:59 PM
LOL

You guys need to kool out. For real man. I'm kool w/ both of yall - so that means yall to just relax and learn how to co-exist. It's prolly easier than the alternative. Nah mean? But as long as we are on the subject - I think that yall need to sit down and do battle. No egos - not BS - no sh*t-talking before or after - let the tape and the cars do the talkin' and get it done.

Yes?:yes:

Vteckidd
10-18-2007, 04:01 PM
The funny thing is im 99% sure ill lose, im willing to LOSE $100 just to see if Tank will come out

Im expecting to lose, i just want to see if tank will show

BABY J
10-18-2007, 04:02 PM
The funny thing is im 99% sure ill lose, im willing to LOSE $100 just to see if Tank will come out

Im expecting to lose, i just want to see if tank will show

Rut Roh Rorge!!!!

1000cckiller
10-18-2007, 04:09 PM

He should have no problem racing other cars if he's picking on slower cars. Especially considering the mammoth-sized turbo on nitrous equipped Supra.i agree, I have told tank to run the car. Hell, he wont even be here in a month.

1000cckiller
10-18-2007, 04:11 PM
which makes you look even worse for not taking hit.. all jokes asidewhich I told him

Vteckidd
10-18-2007, 04:15 PM
its ok, im willing to let it die, and i didnt want this to be another drama thread.

So BACK ON TOPIC

I mean hell im guilty of calling people to rediculouse stuff. i called out xxemtvxxx dude to race for $1000 and at one point titles

BABY J
10-18-2007, 04:18 PM
I think people do that often when they get their 1st decent project done. My guess is that this is Tank's 1st "real" street fighter - IDK. It happens. Ya gotta stay grounded through it all though and not be a d*ck, bc at the end of the day there is somebody that will tow you down the line. We've all been there at one point or another I think.

Vteckidd
10-19-2007, 11:20 AM
23-1

TS240
10-19-2007, 12:35 PM
Just try to remember why we do this ****, cuz its fun, this is how we get our kicks. All this drama and arguing is not why were into cars or racing for that matter its cuz we think its fun.

Oh and if you dont do this **** cuz u like it or think its fun then GTFO!!!

just my :2cents:

BABY J
10-19-2007, 12:43 PM
I do it for the nookie. Plus, Mike Jawnz is my father.:yes:

TS240
10-19-2007, 02:24 PM
I do it for the nookie. Plus, Mike Jawnz is my father.:yes:

That too, it kinda falls under the fun category.:D

jadakid88
10-19-2007, 08:42 PM
I do it for the nookie. Plus, Mike Jawnz is my father.:yes:WHO????

BABY J
10-19-2007, 09:42 PM
Mike Jawnz b*tch!!!!

lightspeed
10-19-2007, 09:57 PM
I mean how many times on this forum (even by myself) have people gotten to the point where they challenge or callout people to REDICULOUS proposals.
Ive seen guys callout people and act all hardcore and gangsta when THEY KNOW THE OTHER GUYS CAR IS DOWN and will be DOWN FOR AWHILE. Its easy to talk tough when you know there is no chance the other person can run you.
Ive seen guys challenge others for TITLEs or PINKS. And then when the other party says "HELL NO" im not racing you for titles, the instigating party talks **** and calls the other guy a ***** and says hes bitching out. Its easy to talk tough when you know your proposition is impossible to be met and their will be no race.
So my question is:
When someone issues a callout that THEY KNOW is not going to happen, whose the bigger puss*y, the guy making the callout, or the guy with enough sense not to race for something stupid...
When someone declines and tries to renegotiate, since when does that negate a loss? why is that considered "bitching out" when you dont accept rediculous terms?
Vote accordingly
Its moronic to try to play games like "well, you declined the first time so now Im not racing you and youre a *****." Thats phucking silly. That is a 100% indicator of someone who obviously does not want to race and wants to publically (try to) punk someone out. I have to say that was the weakest excuse for backing out of a race...esp someones own callout...that Ive ever heard of, even on IA.
But back on general topic, racing for titles and super-big money is kinda mornoic, unless you just have a lot of cash to blow and just dont care. I wouldnt personally race a Yugo for titles... You never know what could happen. Would any normal person really want to bet your car that an intercooler hose wont blow off during the race, or a fuel pump wont go out or something equally mundane but totally debilitating wont happen? **** can always happen.

Thighs
10-20-2007, 02:12 AM
if you dont wanna agree to somebodys terms, dont race.
street racing is FTL anyways so who cares?