PDA

View Full Version : cutting off

killerdx
10-18-2007, 08:08 AM
My car will die off sometimes.Its not the fuel pump or the relay,but i can have a full tank of gas and it will read on the dash that i am below empty? Any one got some ideas

0DISPLACMENT
10-18-2007, 01:50 PM
your gauge/reader just isnt working.
does it idle correct all the time? could be a vacuum hose or the idle motor thingy.

-darrin

Jigoku Z
10-18-2007, 06:17 PM
Probably your ignition switch... start your car and play with your key to see if it cuts off. It should still be cover under Honda warranty... you should call Honda and ask

killerdx
10-18-2007, 07:02 PM
why would my car shut off if my guage wasnt reading. It will go back up eventually, and when it does start to go back up it will crank right back up. my fuel pump wont cut on either?ive put a new relay and a new fuel pump

korilee13
10-18-2007, 08:10 PM
My car will die off sometimes.Its not the fuel pump or the relay,but i can have a full tank of gas and it will read on the dash that i am below empty? Any one got some ideas

i know its highly unlikely but could it possibly be you fuel filter. or maybe one of the fuel lines leading from your tank to the filter...

KPowerEP3
10-18-2007, 09:18 PM
why would my car shut off if my guage wasnt reading. It will go back up eventually, and when it does start to go back up it will crank right back up. my fuel pump wont cut on either?ive put a new relay and a new fuel pump

check your grounds...classic symptons of bad electrical connections.

0DISPLACMENT
10-18-2007, 10:33 PM
^^ ya if it cuts off when it stops reading it probably isnt mechanical.

-darrin

killerdx
10-19-2007, 06:51 PM
alright, thanks. ill check that