PDA

View Full Version : Re-wiring teg antenna help

UpSideDownDesi
10-17-2007, 10:12 PM
Well i was thinking about getting my antenna shaved when i get my car painted. I called a shop asking how can antenna be wired afterwards and he said not a good idea? Can i just buy a $10 Antenna from walmart and mount it somewhere in the trunk. What's the proper way to do this? I need input plz. Thanks

UpSideDownDesi
10-17-2007, 11:29 PM
i need to know asap

Crazy Asian
10-17-2007, 11:38 PM
throw a midget in the trunk and hold a the antena. That works.

HAHAH jst get a model thats inside like the newer hondas or acuras. Itll work the same just to rewire the antena one to work with the new one or seomthign like that.

I have no antena..so im lucky and sexy.

KPowerEP3
10-17-2007, 11:59 PM
They have antennas that go along the inside top of the windshield like a lot of the big luxury cars, they work well and they're not difficult to set up. Run th wire down through the pillar, behind the dash, and to the radio.

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?partfamilyid=1546

UpSideDownDesi
10-18-2007, 01:44 AM
They have antennas that go along the inside top of the windshield like a lot of the big luxury cars, they work well and they're not difficult to set up. Run th wire down through the pillar, behind the dash, and to the radio.

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?partfamilyid=1546

Antenna on the teg is to the rear...so i wanna keep things there so not too much hassle. I wanna do how new acura and hondas are..internal antenna.....time to call honda i guess lol.

KPowerEP3
10-18-2007, 04:33 AM
Antenna on the teg is to the rear...so i wanna keep things there so not too much hassle. I wanna do how new acura and hondas are..internal antenna.....time to call honda i guess lol.

yeah, that's what I posted. I guess I didn't give enough details. OEM ones are usually built into the glass.

RBS
10-18-2007, 06:33 AM
yeah, that's what I posted. I guess I didn't give enough details. OEM ones are usually built into the glass.

:werd: , you can go buy any aftermarket antenna as long as itll fit in the antenna port on the back of you cd deck or whatever, in most cases you will find an amplified antenna, those are real simple as its 3 cables to hook up ( 12v power, ground, and the antenna plug ) every other one just plugs right in and work right off the bat

Tenpsi
10-18-2007, 01:28 PM
s2000 antenna is alot smaller than the stock one and its in the rear. I shaved my antenna and got Siruis

UpSideDownDesi
10-18-2007, 02:28 PM
thanks for the input...i was planning on just using the current antenna wires that are already back there and splice into them to hook the new antenna..that i can mount somewhere in the trunk. Not really planning to rewire the whole thing from radio up. Will it still work if i do it the way i got in mind?

allmotoronly
10-18-2007, 04:26 PM
get one off a newer accord, civic, I think prelude, etc.... it mounts up against the rear glass where the headliner and glass meet.

iNsTuN nOoDoH
10-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Here's what I did... Might sound ghetto, but you don't see it at all. It's not the best reception, but it gets me 107.9...
-Find out where the original antenna is.
-Unplug it.
-Toss it in the back seat to store as a future self defense weapon.
-Take the big black wire that leads to he back of your head unit. The end of it looks like a big ass headphone jack. It's the actual reception wire.
-Find like a 22 gauge wire or whatever size wire you can find.
-Cut about 2-3 feet of it.
-Strip the end of it by about 2 inches and wrap it around the end of the "headphone jack".
-Black tape it.
-Run the wire under your hatch weather stripping leading towards your roof and strip the end by about half an inch.
VOILA! instant 107.9 radio reception. I even get sports talk on the AM frequency.