PDA

View Full Version : Crash Cage, 12 bar..??

SV650S
10-17-2007, 07:53 PM
Does anyone know where i can find a crash cage or a 12 bar for my sv? I have seen some for the 1000 but none for the 650...is it because of the size of the bike? I can't find any, an I really dont consider my bike a "stunt" bike, but i would drether learn balance on it that way I dont thrash a Gsxr or whatever when I go to get a new bike.

foety_foe
10-17-2007, 10:09 PM
sick innovations i think makes a cage for an sv. but let me give you some advice from past mistakes. SV=horrible stunt bike. frame is weak, and the v-twin motor will not oil well while in wheelie. even if you fill a quart above level. there is a reason there arent any cages for SV's. keep the SV as a track/street/mtn bike. SV's are awesome in the mountains but they don't make good stunt bikes. if you want something cheap look on craigslist and look for a beat 600. best beginner stunt bike would be a honda cbr 600 F2 or F3. and you will find plenty of stunt goddies for that bike.

Cool Cat Racing
10-18-2007, 11:54 AM
I agree, I know several people who have popped motors just riding wheelies in an SV. The torque is great for doing some stunts but the bike doesn't put up with it for long, that's why there are always lots of motors on Ebay.

LordMDP
10-18-2007, 03:07 PM
I disagree about SV frames being week

(i bet they are stronger then 06+ GSXR's)

but yeah-like everyone else said-DONT wheelie the SV-other wise you will destroy rod bearings

Smittie61984
10-18-2007, 03:37 PM
The SV650s is a sweet bike and can wheelie no problem. But it's more made for the twisties than standing on 1 wheel.

You'd be better off finding an old motorcycle from the late 80s or early 90s and stripping it naked and putting a fat fat gear on the back.

But this dude right here does all the stunts you see people with 12O'Clock bars do except he has FULL fairings and no wheelie bar. Just a hole in the back seat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiKy-_Iccqc

Cool Cat Racing
10-19-2007, 08:44 AM
I keep mine on two wheels most of the time but it will ride up pretty easily at slower speeds. I've just seen too many oil starve when going too high so I keep it down when I do. It is an incredible bike in the twisties with a little suspension upgrades, the stock stuff just doesn't quite cut it if you want to push it hard. I've got an 06 GSXR front end on mine with the 06 rear shock assembly too. It made a world of difference in the handling of the bike.

SV650S
10-19-2007, 02:24 PM
hmm thanks for the advice, I didn't know about the oil....and I really dont wanna blow it up I jus got it paid for.The sv is an awsome mtn bike I leave my buddies sometimes it all depends on how well I know a road....But the torque is awsome in 1st with almost no effort at all it will come up 2nd is tricky but it is possible...witch kinda makes me wonder if I haven't already pushed it to far out of all the wheelies I have done already but I will keep the SV on 2 wheels now an try to find an older bike to practice on.... agian thanks for all the advice and I will keep you guys posted on what type of bike i find.

The Ninja
10-19-2007, 02:51 PM
^^^

Good ****. Its nice seeing people follow advice, especially when it is good advice.

Please do keep us posted, I'm rather interested in what you get to begin stunting in. (I'm not really into stunting, but it is entertaining to watch)