PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods all motor b18 motor

k20
10-17-2007, 04:29 PM
first post
what is the best way to make power but save money ..
i what to run a gsr head on a gsr block with ls cank and rods .. high compression pistons and some very good cams like skunk2 pro series stage 3 .. is that a good set up ???? need some help ...

second post

ok here is the deal ... head: all aftermarket parts with stage 3 cams stock ports 550cc injector, skunk2 pro series intake manifold, 68mm tb .. block: aftermarket rods and 12:1 84mm pistons, factory crank, light weight flywheel ... tranny b16 lsd with stage 3 clutch ... how whp will i be looking at .... and let me know if i miss anything i would need ... thanks for the all the info everyone..

ash7
10-17-2007, 05:32 PM
three things when it comes to cars...

- cheap
- fast
- reliable

choose two

and yes, of course that is a good setup. Make sure to read the guides to LSvtec folks have stickied at the top.
-jonathan

JDMJAYDC2
10-17-2007, 06:02 PM
your never gonna save money when trying to build something fast im just doing a oem build and im already feeling the pain of the almighty H

Grimm Reeper
10-17-2007, 06:09 PM

- cheap
- fast
- reliable

choose two

and yes, of course that is a good setup. Make sure to read the guides to LSvtec folks have stickied at the top.
-jonathan

I like that...

Grimm Reeper
10-17-2007, 06:12 PM
what is the best way to make power but save money ..
i what to run a gsr head on a gsr block with ls cank and rods .. high compression pistons and some very good cams like skunk2 pro series stage 3 .. is that a good set up ???? need some help ...

Going ALL-MOTOR is nothing that is cheap nor is it taken lightly. If you want cheap that's why they say go boost, cause with N/A you have to make sure that everything is right, miscalculate you'll end up throwing a rod, amongst other things. So if your going to do it, do it right the first time, because I can tell you from experience the cheap route is never the best route.

JDMJAYDC2
10-17-2007, 06:21 PM
^^^^trust him he def knows what hes talking about ive seen it first hand!

Grimm Reeper
10-17-2007, 06:22 PM
^^ :lmfao:

ash7
10-17-2007, 08:27 PM
yeah, cheapness ftl

things fall apart when they're cheap

-jonathan

k20
10-17-2007, 11:19 PM
thanks for all the info ....

k20
10-18-2007, 12:12 PM
cheap and fast

- cheap
- fast
- reliable

choose two

-jonathan

k20
10-18-2007, 12:13 PM
what is your build and let me know how it runs

your never gonna save money when trying to build something fast im just doing a oem build and im already feeling the pain of the almighty H

k20
10-18-2007, 12:14 PM
what will i need ..

Going ALL-MOTOR is nothing that is cheap nor is it taken lightly. If you want cheap that's why they say go boost, cause with N/A you have to make sure that everything is right, miscalculate you'll end up throwing a rod, amongst other things. So if your going to do it, do it right the first time, because I can tell you from experience the cheap route is never the best route.