PDA

View Full Version : 225/45-15 Kumho V700 Auto-X HPDS tires

sl8d2bd1
07-22-2005, 10:45 PM
I'm moving out of Atlanta this weekend, so I'm selling off stuff at firesale prices.

(4) used Kumho Ecsta V700 DOT racing tires similar to Hoosier A3S04 or R3S04's.

(1) track weekend @ Roebling Road on the set. They came with a car I bought -- I've never used them.

Specifications:
- 225/45 ZR-15
- Tons of dry-weather grip, and extremely lightweight for less rotational inertia, better road compliance, and quicker acceleration. Perfect for track / auto-x'ing -- street legal, but not really designed for street use and horrible in the wet.

Condition (Photos below are in the order descibed below):
- All sidewalls are in excellent condition.
- Two tires are in decent condition with about 1/2 tread remaining. Minor camber wear.
- One tire is in fair condition with about 1/2 tread remaining, but significant camber wear and a few minor flat spots. Needs to be "rotated" so that the camber wear is on the outside of the tire if you are running considerable negative rear camber, or on the inside if you are running this tire on the front and using the manufacturer's camber settings in an unmodified-suspension car.
- One tire is a throw-away -- it has several nasty flat spots. If you can retread the tire, you're welcome to it, but I'm also willing to throw it out for you to save you shipping expenses.

Have been stored out of sunlight to protect the rubber from UV light damage. They are not fresh, though. These are mostly suitable for novices or just having fun -- they are no longer competitive.

I'd recommend using some tire softener, like Formula V.

These are $145/each ($580 for the set) through TireRack, but you can have all (4) for $80 obo if you buy them by 5PM tomorrow (Saturday, 7/23).