PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Nissan GT-R (for real)

Deke
10-16-2007, 12:36 PM
I know that there are tons of spy shots for the thing, but these are legit pictures, completely free of any kind of body disguising. This is the car that's getting unveiled at the Tokyo Auto Show.

http://cwimg.sv.publicus.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=CW&Dato=20071016&Kategori=PHOTOS01&Lopenr=1016001&Ref=PH&Item=1&Maxw=600

http://cwimg.sv.publicus.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=CW&Dato=20071016&Kategori=PHOTOS01&Lopenr=1016001&Ref=PH&Item=2&Maxw=600

http://cwimg.sv.publicus.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=CW&Dato=20071016&Kategori=PHOTOS01&Lopenr=1016001&Ref=PH&Item=5&Maxw=600

http://cwimg.sv.publicus.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=CW&Dato=20071016&Kategori=PHOTOS01&Lopenr=1016001&Ref=PH&Item=8&Maxw=600

Link form Autoweek (more pictures and article): http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071016/FREE/71016002/1508/newsletter12

Hopefully I don't get owned by hotlinking.

mocha latte cupcake
10-16-2007, 12:37 PM
why the F do i see an auto magic shifter>!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

*emails nissan japan*

boosted_nonv
10-16-2007, 12:38 PM
word

Deke
10-16-2007, 12:40 PM

*emails nissan japan*

I was thinking the exact same thing. You can see paddle shifters in one of the pictures of the interior on the site. It would just be nice to see a manual transmission still being an option.

Ran
10-16-2007, 12:41 PM
Why is everyone putting turn signals on the fender like that?

mocha latte cupcake
10-16-2007, 12:42 PM
b/c its jdm amy san lol who knows, its a nissan thing man... you toyota kids wouldn't get it lol

DEWEY - yeha seriously i would literally walk into a dealership and SLAP the sales manager if he got one that wasn't a stick....

OneSlow5pt0
10-16-2007, 12:44 PM
are u surpised a high dollar car has paddle shifters?90% do

mocha latte cupcake
10-16-2007, 12:46 PM
dude F paddles! thats fag stuff! if i have a REAL sports car i want it to shift on the floor, granted yes ferrari's, bentleys... etc etc have them but still this is a SKYLINE the highest pinnacle of the NISSAN sports car built! you really want your SUPRA to have paddles of do you want to be able to chirp those tires are you scream through the gears slamming against the back of every gears gate as you run away from a porsche pile of crap!

Ran
10-16-2007, 12:47 PM
b/c its jdm amy san lol who knows, its a nissan thing man... you toyota kids wouldn't get it lolA Nissan thing? Then why does the Mazda RX-8 have the same thing? I think the new STi has them too.

mocha latte cupcake
10-16-2007, 12:50 PM
posers.... nissan starts all trends and sells them to the highest bidder... :ninja:

boxer engines... nissan.... (we don't use them b/c they are teh gay!)

Vtec... similar but yet still inferior to our VVL (we use 2 different engagement points for even MORE tuning capabilities and power... we sold honda the gay single engagement point)

Side markers in the front like that (eh we thought we'd let the "others" use them "first" it makes them feel better

Nissan superiority

OneSlow5pt0
10-16-2007, 12:50 PM
dude F paddles! thats fag stuff! if i have a REAL sports car i want it to shift on the floor, granted yes ferrari's, bentleys... etc etc have them but still this is a SKYLINE the highest pinnacle of the NISSAN sports car built! you really want your SUPRA to have paddles of do you want to be able to chirp those tires are you scream through the gears slamming against the back of every gears gate as you run away from a porsche pile of crap!

:no: maybe a boxter

mocha latte cupcake
10-16-2007, 12:51 PM
tt.... porsche vs skyline... raise boost... bye bye

as i remember it the video of it on the nur ring that cute lil porsche sure didn't put any distance on the skyline

GSRtegŪ
10-16-2007, 12:55 PM
I still like the older models than this.

OneSlow5pt0
10-16-2007, 12:58 PM
tt.... porsche vs skyline... raise boost... bye bye

as i remember it the video of it on the nur ring that cute lil porsche sure didn't put any distance on the skyline

what kind are we talking?911 turbo?Carrera(sp) GT?

Deke
10-16-2007, 01:00 PM
I still like the older BETTER models than this.

Fixed and I totally agree. However, the fact that this will be available to the US market makes it awesome in my book.

mocha latte cupcake
10-16-2007, 01:00 PM
and exactly HOW many carrera GT's have you seen lurking the streets of ATL looking for races? lol... i mean here in HHI, we have 12 GT3 rs's but still lol i'd love to give some of them a run when my NISSAN keeps up decently against their porsche lol

OneSlow5pt0
10-16-2007, 01:02 PM
biased mo fo.....also i this isnt a skyline,the G35 is the skyline.

mocha latte cupcake
10-16-2007, 01:06 PM
correction... the G35 is the "skyline" its the pathetic excuse nissan made up to continue the name to get its VQ35DE onto the market seemlessly while working on the REAL skyline that would ultimately bridge the gab BTW the R34 and now... the G35 was trash! its a nice car but it never should have adorn the skyline name. it didn't come with awd... the G35x SEDAN model did but then was only automatic to my knowledge.... NO attessa, NO power, No amazing body lines, it was an utter disappointment as a GTR.... track for track... the R34 walked circles and laps on the G/R35....

OneSlow5pt0
10-16-2007, 01:10 PM
yea,the sedan had AWD but only with automatic..........but i like this GT-R more than the older GT-Rs

mocha latte cupcake
10-16-2007, 01:12 PM
i like it b/c its got smoother lines... it just looks slippery. the R34 was well... brutish.. it was huge (those who've stood next to one and a G35 at the same time will agree) and this one looks more road friendly. but over all i will still always prefer R32's..... never to be confused with those over rated VW golfs...

OneSlow5pt0
10-16-2007, 01:16 PM
i like it b/c its got smoother lines... it just looks slippery. the R34 was well... brutish.. it was huge (those who've stood next to one and a G35 at the same time will agree) and this one looks more road friendly. but over all i will still always prefer R32's..... never to be confused with those over rated VW golfs...

gawd so much hate torwards the germans......911 is gonna kill u

i like it cause it looks more like a sports car,than the old ones....olds one reminded me of a big s14

EM1toEVO
10-16-2007, 01:17 PM
^^Pure JDM speaks tha' truth. I agree 100%

mocha latte cupcake
10-16-2007, 01:20 PM
lol i will say the i still prefer japanese hustle over euro muscle its just a perference. having owned a few bimmers and porsches with friends i understand the technology put into them but honestly i still think they are over engineered! :D

but honestly for me
M45 > 7 series
R34 > M3/porsche 911's
S15 > boxster/330

just a nissan purist :D its in my blood, only cars i have ever enjoyed truly owning...

OneSlow5pt0
10-16-2007, 01:22 PM
lol i will say the i still prefer japanese hustle over euro muscle its just a perference. having owned a few bimmers and porsches with friends i understand the technology put into them but honestly i still think they are over engineered! :D

but honestly for me
M45 > 7 series
R34 > M3/porsche 911's
S15 > boxster/330

just a nissan purist :D its in my blood, only cars i have ever enjoyed truly owning...

im ready for that GT-R to get its a.ss smoked by the crapomatic SLR:D

mocha latte cupcake
10-16-2007, 01:24 PM
having driven a McLaren SLR i'll agree to that completely! lol that car will toast damn near any car! lol

81911SC
10-16-2007, 01:26 PM
I would rather have a 914 then the GTR purpleNurspec67editiongrey anyday.

OneSlow5pt0
10-16-2007, 01:26 PM
having driven a McLaren SLR i'll agree to that completely! lol that car will toast damn near any car! lol

u serious?thats my dream car...u suck,but when i see it putting down better times than Carrera GTs and Zonda Ss thats pretty damn fast....with 4k pound automatic V8 is just amazing

SixSquared
10-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Why is everyone putting turn signals on the fender like that?

From a designer's standpoint, there's a VERY simple answer.

Imagine a car with just turn signals in front. Looking at the car from the side, it's difficult to see, especially during the day, if there is a turn signal on or not.

So the answer to that problem was putting on sidemarkers in front of the door. So now you have rear turn signals, sidemarkers either on the fender in front of the door or on the sideview mirrors, and front turn signals.

From an auto design and manufacturing cost standpoint, why have two lights doing the job that ONE light can do? Costs less, keeps the design cleaner.. .why not? Putting them angled on that front area of the fender shows the turn signal to people in front of AND next to the car.

Kill two birds with one... light?

BobbyFresco
10-16-2007, 02:45 PM

but honestly for me
M45 > 7 series
R34 > M3/porsche 911's
S15 > boxster/330

Just curious, by purist do you mean loyal enthusiast or elitist?
This has been said many times over but there's a big distinction between having brand loyalty and then just being an elitist azz, and really Nissan?
Give me a F'in break........

JITB
10-16-2007, 03:44 PM
correction... the G35 is the "skyline" its the pathetic excuse nissan made up to continue the name to get its VQ35DE onto the market seemlessly while working on the REAL skyline that would ultimately bridge the gab BTW the R34 and now... the G35 was trash! its a nice car but it never should have adorn the skyline name. it didn't come with awd... the G35x SEDAN model did but then was only automatic to my knowledge.... NO attessa, NO power, No amazing body lines, it was an utter disappointment as a GTR.... track for track... the R34 walked circles and laps on the G/R35....

i dont know wher u think that that all skylines are all Gtr's, skyline is a regular brand car, in japan. And the gts and the gtr is the sporty versions. And the g35 sedan is a skyline in japan. And its not a gtr or should it be compared to a GTR. Its just a regular model skyine. And you have the new GTR tahts pictured above, and thats what you need tocompare to the R34 GTR, because that what it is..

08 skyline.. look familiar??
http://www.caradvice.com.au/1125/nissan-skyline-2007-12th-gen/
http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/NissanSkylineR35Front.jpg

http://bp0.blogger.com/_zuR9s0_8o-A/RwJIo5VR8TI/AAAAAAAAJDU/b7fQveasCtA/s400/2008-Nissan-Skyline-Coupe-8.jpg
http://www.nissan-global.com/GCC/Japan/NEWS/24b6_0.gif

i mean stock for stock the 11gen skyline and the current skyline sedan are about equal power wise.. Being a nissan loyalists you should already know this stuff.. :yes:

BobbyFresco
10-16-2007, 03:48 PM
i dont know wher u think that that all skylines are all Gtr's, skyline is a regular brand car, in japan. And the gts and the gtr is the sporty versions. And the g35 sedan is a skyline in japan. And its not a gtr or should it be compared to a GTR. Its just a regular model skyine. And you have the new GTR tahts pictured above, and thats what you need tocompare to the R34 GTR, because that what it is..

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/NissanSkylineR35Front.jpg

http://bp0.blogger.com/_zuR9s0_8o-A/RwJIo5VR8TI/AAAAAAAAJDU/b7fQveasCtA/s400/2008-Nissan-Skyline-Coupe-8.jpg

i mean stock for stock the 11gen skyline and the current skyline sedan are about equal power wise.. Being a nissan loyalists you should already know this stuff.. :yes:

QFT.....REPS..

mocha latte cupcake
10-16-2007, 03:53 PM
ok well given by your..... sarcasm and....asshole tone i'll take it you don't know me at all but we'll go there for ya...

i'm a loyalist to the tee. there is nothing wrong with other car manufacturers. i just think nissan does it better in the sports car group now a days... as far as top japanese imports go lets see.... nissan... 350z, G35, GTiR, Silvia, skyline, M class sedans, SE-R series, need i go on?

ok ok now lets see other brand have done well also

Honda - their type R's CTR, ITR, NSX-R and Zero.
Toyota - MR2 (arguably the best MR design car) Supra, Celica
Mitsu - Evo
Subie - WRX, legacy GT, all STi's

these are all good cars... but as a manufacturer NOW... i think nissan offers the best performance carS available at the time. now its up against the STi's and EVO's but while subie and mitsu brought the guns early nissan took its time in design and seeing the competition i think that the only cars that will compete in the same PRICE and PLAYING field from japan will be the new supra... there are no TRUE #'s (dyno proven) on any but FR to FR.... Skyline has the game on lock right now in the japanese marker... the saying is true here in america....everyone buys supras.... then gets rid of them for skylines. Nissan IS and HAS been the pinnacle of car producers for most of the time!

name another car that was dismissed from an ENTIRE race series b/c regardless of ballast, power restrictions, and other obstacles still dominated. (speaking of the Australian Racing Series where it recieved the name "GODZILLA" b/c it was an unstoppable force on the track...

NOTE: this is no down playing the performance capabilities of any other higher end car such as the SUPRA, EVO, and STi. i'm simply a loyalist i know the playing field and its just an opinion i'm fair in my assessments and i'm fully aware of high HP cars, more luxurious... evos with a bigger turbo stomped this one, My STi owned a R33 the other day... blah blah... there is always someone bigger and better out there. i'm just saying... when this car comes out... it will have the upper hand in the japanese world. i just perfer japanese hustle over euro muscle any day... its my opinion and not much will change it...

like i said, i got love for all cars... i just like nissans more.

mocha latte cupcake
10-16-2007, 03:55 PM

point taken but let me say that i simply said i thought it was kind of an embarrassment to the name skyline... the power was the same... but no attessa, no turbo... the NA was a great design of power coming out but honestly check out any OPTION video where they do a comparison and you'll see the the R34 was FAR superior to the G35/skyline/350GT whatever you wanna call it. it was a great design i just kinda feel that it fell short of the mark

Mangrum
10-16-2007, 03:56 PM
WOW to everything but the lack of a clutch!

Ran
10-16-2007, 03:57 PM
From a designer's standpoint, there's a VERY simple answer.

*LONG Simple Answer Here*I understand that. I was referring to the similar design that they're all using. Being set flush and ending on the edge of the fender like that.

ATK_Designs
10-16-2007, 04:00 PM

EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT.

THERE'RE NO SUCH THING AS REAL SKYLINE. It's the GT-R Version that make the Skyline MODEL so famous. people just used the name to represent those since then.

It's like Calling the SI the real Civic, or the Type-R the real Integra (or Civic).

SixSquared
10-16-2007, 04:01 PM
I understand that. I was referring to the similar design that they're all using. Being set flush and ending on the edge of the fender like that.

lol they do that cause it works! :P

They all use round steering wheels, too. ;)

mocha latte cupcake
10-16-2007, 04:02 PM
:eek: round steering wheels! nooooooo lol

OneSlow5pt0
10-16-2007, 04:04 PM
only thing i dont like bout the GTR is the spoiler feels tacked on

mocha latte cupcake
10-16-2007, 04:06 PM
OMG its a GTR? no wai! lol it is... lol at least its not like the MSP's with bodykit by ROUSH racing bwhahahahaha

JITB
10-16-2007, 04:06 PM
point taken but let me say that i simply said i thought it was kind of an embarrassment to the name skyline... the power was the same... but no attessa, no turbo... the NA was a great design of power coming out but honestly check out any OPTION video where they do a comparison and you'll see the the R34 was FAR superior to the G35/skyline/350GT whatever you wanna call it. it was a great design i just kinda feel that it fell short of the mark

but i doubt that the skyline/G would have survived and nissan would profit well with making another turbocharged high output motor, just for 1 sedan. The Vq, wound up being in almost every car they make..lol . It owuld be nice but at the time i think nissan was worried about gettin back to the top at the time. And besides how many people would be able to afford them..

i see what your saying tho.. but it kind of reminds me of the guys taht clown on the Rx8 for not being TT...And overlookin the fact that it almost makes the same power NA.... comparing old vs new, old is always gonna seem better..

like when the 350z came out everyone complained and dogged it b/c it was NA, than overtime people realized the potential.

1989_crx_si
10-16-2007, 04:10 PM
http://www.motorauthority.com/images/Odds/2007/10/Motor_Trend/motor_trend_cover_dec.jpg

conquestguy
10-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Sick!!!!:idb:

mocha latte cupcake
10-16-2007, 04:47 PM
JITB - you make a very valid point, i'm a long time fan of NA cars... but the fact generally is that boosted cars produce more consistent power and even at the same bands of power the boosted ones are faster... i agree it would be nice to think that nissan was busy cooking up the baddest of the bad in ALL areas instead of the skyline ad i'll agree that the price of them would have to be HUGE to afford all turbo cars lol.

now on the RX8 I LOVE"M! lol no power doesn't bother me b/c of the way they are set up lol i actually wanna buy one really bad but the inconsistent #'s and the lose of power @ EVERY dyno run after another makes me not want to... rotarys have their fun moments but enough of that lol

and yeah teh VQ is a potent engine in NA form and especially when you add the boosted bliss to it! touche on all your points i agree in most of the aspects! :D :goodjob:

PS: sorry for the SUPER late reply got a customer in and had to wire in his sytem

OneSlow5pt0
10-16-2007, 04:54 PM
JITB - you make a very valid point, i'm a long time fan of NA cars... but the fact generally is that boosted cars produce more consistent power and even at the same bands of power the boosted ones are faster... i agree it would be nice to think that nissan was busy cooking up the baddest of the bad in ALL areas instead of the skyline ad i'll agree that the price of them would have to be HUGE to afford all turbo cars lol.

now on the RX8 I LOVE"M! lol no power doesn't bother me b/c of the way they are set up lol i actually wanna buy one really bad but the inconsistent #'s and the lose of power @ EVERY dyno run after another makes me not want to... rotarys have their fun moments but enough of that lol

and yeah teh VQ is a potent engine in NA form and especially when you add the boosted bliss to it! touche on all your points i agree in most of the aspects! :D :goodjob:

PS: sorry for the SUPER late reply got a customer in and had to wire in his sytem

still,imo best all round car in its class

JITB
10-16-2007, 05:02 PM

i see you know most ppl dont really get that car makers, first interst is to make money! than once they have some breathing room and some money to throw in the risk pot, they will throw out a nice hi-performance car, that we all love. either that or they have be in dire need of sales! but i can rant all day...lol

MistaCee
10-16-2007, 05:57 PM
Nice but it doesnt look like a skyline to me the front looks like a g35, the rear looks like a ferrari, and the interior looks like a porshe.

JITB
10-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Nice but it doesnt look like a skyline to me the front looks like a g35, the rear looks like a ferrari, and the interior looks like a porshe.

u got to see the similarities in the past.. to me it has the skyline traditional afterburner tails

the interior looks like the previous GTR
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/editorial_images/non_imported/nissan_skyline_gtr_interior.jpg

Subuari
10-16-2007, 06:07 PM
X2!!

*emails nissan japan*

STI101
10-16-2007, 09:35 PM
I would buy that

JessAlba452
10-16-2007, 10:09 PM
I think I just wet myself. Wow :D

hybrid90accord
10-16-2007, 10:14 PM
aftermarket radio doesnt seem like an option

Tree
10-16-2007, 10:14 PM
phuck that i'm all about the 2001 and lower

.gauge.
11-14-2007, 07:10 PM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/10/gtrracecar2.jpg

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/10/gtrracecar5.jpg

56k GTFO

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/10/gtrracecar1.jpg

Crazy Asian
11-14-2007, 07:12 PM
DEAR GUMMY BEARS!!! WTH DID THEY CREATE!!!!???? THAT LOOKS LIKE IT CAN KILL FERRARI'S, PORSCHE 911 GT3, C6 CORVETTES!!!!

green91
11-14-2007, 07:37 PM
That ****s hot. This is a very ballsy move for Nissan to bring anything this radical to the states, ill take it in any transmission that i can! Hopefully they will drop the hideous 350z/g35 coupe line now.

WalkS
11-14-2007, 08:42 PM
dosent look to bad, the lines are a little too sharp.

BamzRexsi90
11-14-2007, 11:18 PM
wait till i get my money rite laaaa la laa la la

.gauge.
11-15-2007, 02:15 AM
The car I posted has a V8 and is going to run in the GT500.

kerndog8
11-15-2007, 05:48 AM
I'd rock it

dp32185
11-15-2007, 07:37 AM
GTR will be in automatic tranny only. no manuals. all auto with rev-match capabilities like the ferrari's. this car is worth about 40k to me...not one penny more.