PDA

View Full Version : I'm beginning to believe someone out there hates me....

KlassAct_EJ6
10-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Okay, so I get my hub assembly repaired last week at a Firestone service shop and that set me back about $360. I thought I was all done with my car for the time being. Well after a day or two I begin to notice a whining sound coming from the front and I take it back to the shop to see what it was. Sure enough my CV joint on the passenger side is going out. So I told the guy to just find anything on my car that's messed up and I got back a major list of other problems that I'm not going to list because it's two pages and I don't have that kind of time. If anyone knows someone who knows their way around a civic or any good shops around Atlanta that has reasonable labor fees someone let me know. If this **** keeps happening I might just try to sell it after I pay it off in December.

GSRtegŪ
10-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Damn bro 2 pages... I think there trying to rip you off. Post pictures of your car. :yes:

Andy_013
10-16-2007, 01:10 PM
why 2 post of the same thing?

korilee13
10-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Okay, so I get my hub assembly repaired last week at a Firestone service shop and that set me back about $360. I thought I was all done with my car for the time being. Well after a day or two I begin to notice a whining sound coming from the front and I take it back to the shop to see what it was. Sure enough my CV joint on the passenger side is going out. So I told the guy to just find anything on my car that's messed up and I got back a major list of other problems that I'm not going to list because it's two pages and I don't have that kind of time. If anyone knows someone who knows their way around a civic or any good shops around Atlanta that has reasonable labor fees someone let me know. If this **** keeps happening I might just try to sell it after I pay it off in December.

your best bet is to list all the stuff out, cause i know atleast with my group of friends or w/e different people have there things that they are good at fixing.

KlassAct_EJ6
10-16-2007, 03:56 PM
I didn't mean to post two, my bad. But I have the list here and this is what they gave me. And the crappy thing about all this is that I got my car checked out at a Tires Plus before I moved to Atlanta and they never mentioned any of this stuff, and that was back in August so it hasn't been that long. So I don't understand how all this just all of a sudden needed replacing.

Battery Holddown-$20.40

Brake System Flush-Fluid-$17.99
Brake System Flush-Labor-$42.00

CV Complete Assembly-$136.65
Remove & Inspect Axle Shaft Assembly-$110.50

Battery Corrosion Protection Package-$12.99

Lower Radiator Hose-$22.23
Upper Radiator Hose-$15.87
Remove & Replace Radiator Hose, Both-$85.00

Radiator System Flush w/ New Antifreeze-$79.99

New belts w/ Labor-$133.47

Transmission Fluid-$30.00
Trans. Cleaner and Conditioning-Labor-$60.00
Ever-Wear Power Trans. Flush & Treatment-$19.99

Tune Up Service (new spark plugs, ignition wires, & labor)-$199.95

Water Pump-$55.00
Remove & Replace Water Pump-$246.50
Timing Belt-$44.99

Total w/ the engine diagnostic service and after taxes-$1,528.48 :fire:

puregroove
10-16-2007, 04:59 PM
wow, man. The reason why they mentioned all this stuff, is probably because of the car's regular maintenance cycle. --that and they want your money.

More than half of that stuff--you can do yourself with a service manual if you're handy with the tools. :goodjob:

The timing belt can be tricky at times. Impact gun FTW...

Grimm Reeper
10-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Yea, it looks like they're try'n to rape you like a female with no knowledge of what she drives :lmfao: *uhh you put water in there, right!!!*

Grimm Reeper
10-16-2007, 05:04 PM
I could help you get most of the parts OEM ofcourse for what Honda-Tech pays, cause most aftermarket stuff like what they might use, may not hold up to as long as you may want it to.

KlassAct_EJ6
10-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Thanks for all the imput guys I was not trying to do business with that shop after I saw that price. JDM_EK4 I'm willing to get all the help I can get. For now, however, I'm pretty much at a standstill becuase I'm still looking for a job and I'm broke as hell right now. I spent the last of my extra money on getting that hub assembly repaired and paying off a deposit for Georgia Power.

dcshoeco
10-16-2007, 06:01 PM
Alright all the usuals that hangout lets get 2gether and help this guy out some..And beers are still on Eddie lol..

Grimm Reeper
10-16-2007, 06:04 PM
yea I saw Eddie lurking around in here :ninja: :lmfao: Good call Elmer :goodjob:

Grimm Reeper
10-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Thanks for all the imput guys I was not trying to do business with that shop after I saw that price. JDM_EK4 I'm willing to get all the help I can get. For now, however, I'm pretty much at a standstill becuase I'm still looking for a job and I'm broke as hell right now. I spent the last of my extra money on getting that hub assembly repaired and paying off a deposit for Georgia Power.

No prob man, I should still be on here whenever you get yourself back on your feet, just drop me a line. :yes:

dcshoeco
10-16-2007, 06:10 PM
yea I saw Eddie lurking around in here :ninja: :lmfao: Good call Elmer :goodjob:

Thats right man i never forget when someone invites 2 some drinks..

cactusEG
10-16-2007, 06:12 PM
I didn't mean to post two, my bad. But I have the list here and this is what they gave me. And the crappy thing about all this is that I got my car checked out at a Tires Plus before I moved to Atlanta and they never mentioned any of this stuff, and that was back in August so it hasn't been that long. So I don't understand how all this just all of a sudden needed replacing.

Battery Holddown-$20.40

Brake System Flush-Fluid-$17.99
Brake System Flush-Labor-$42.00

CV Complete Assembly-$136.65
Remove & Inspect Axle Shaft Assembly-$110.50

Battery Corrosion Protection Package-$12.99

Lower Radiator Hose-$22.23
Upper Radiator Hose-$15.87
Remove & Replace Radiator Hose, Both-$85.00

Radiator System Flush w/ New Antifreeze-$79.99

New belts w/ Labor-$133.47

Transmission Fluid-$30.00
Trans. Cleaner and Conditioning-Labor-$60.00
Ever-Wear Power Trans. Flush & Treatment-$19.99

Tune Up Service (new spark plugs, ignition wires, & labor)-$199.95

Water Pump-$55.00
Remove & Replace Water Pump-$246.50
Timing Belt-$44.99

Total w/ the engine diagnostic service and after taxes-$1,528.48 :fire:

dude no fuccing lie. they tried to rip u off bad, most of that stuff u could do ur self on a week end. if u need any help im down to help and if i know the squad well, i bet there down to help :goodjob:

puregroove
10-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Alright all the usuals that hangout lets get 2gether and help this guy out some..And beers are still on Eddie lol..

I said cokes, man ... cokes:: :D :goodjob:

KlassAct_EJ6
10-16-2007, 06:28 PM
I appreciate it. I put in a lot of applications this week so hopefully I'll be employed by the end of the month or the beginning of next month so it won't be too long. But I'm ready to get my hands dirty and learn a thing or two. :goodjob:

BTLFED
10-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Okay, so I get my hub assembly repaired last week at a Firestone service shop

That's where you ****ed up.

KlassAct_EJ6
10-16-2007, 06:42 PM
That's where you ****ed up.

I guess I had that one coming. I should have done my homework before just going to just anybody.

BTLFED
10-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Yeah. I have taken my CRX (EF FTW :tongue1: ) to a Firestone once YEARS ago and they ****ed up one of my studs and lugnuts. It took me hours to get it off. Never again.

cactusEG
10-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Yeah. I have taken my CRX (EF FTW :tongue1: ) to a Firestone once YEARS ago and they ****ed up one of my studs and lugnuts. It took me hours to get it off. Never again.

dude i thought u worked at a shop ?? EG-EJ FTMFW :goodjob:

dcshoeco
10-16-2007, 08:55 PM
I said cokes, man ... cokes:: :D :goodjob:

Really i thought you said beers??:D :thinking:

BTLFED
10-16-2007, 09:01 PM
Pay attention to the part in bold:

I didn't always work in the performance industry. Only since 98-99. I have been doing import performance since 96, but I haven't always had the shop luxury. This was not long after I bought my car in 96-97.

GSRtegŪ
10-16-2007, 09:19 PM
I have alwase learned to do work on my own car's! I don't like no one touching my **** except me and my father.

KlassAct_EJ6
10-16-2007, 10:16 PM
I'm gonna try to do learn how to do things on my own. But I've posted a current pic of my car at the bottom

GSRtegŪ
10-16-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm gonna try to do learn how to do things on my own. But I've posted a current pic of my car at the bottom

Oh, I remember now... is it a EX?

KlassAct_EJ6
10-17-2007, 09:06 AM
Oh, I remember now... is it a EX?

No it's just a plain ol' LX.

cactusEG
10-17-2007, 09:45 AM
No it's just a plain ol' LX.

dang JR get ur chet right lol jk

Pay attention to the part in bold:

I didn't always work in the performance industry. Only since 98-99. I have been doing import performance since 96, but I haven't always had the shop luxury. This was not long after I bought my car in 96-97.

ok now i got my facts right.. hows the rex doing ?

BTLFED
10-17-2007, 05:57 PM
ok now i got my facts right.. hows the rex doing ?

It's fine...in hibernation in my garage lol!

I need to find the time to get it back out.

cactusEG
10-19-2007, 05:54 PM
It's fine...in hibernation in my garage lol!

I need to find the time to get it back out.

at ur house ??