PDA

View Full Version : Chevy silverado 1999 question

slo240
10-14-2007, 11:30 PM
would a super swamper ltb 34 x 10.50 rim size 16 fit if i raised the torsion bars and dropped the blocks out of the back? i know i would have to cut into the front, but how bad would it be scrubbing? thanks in advanced

Blitanicle99
10-15-2007, 07:10 PM
First off, you wont find much help on an import forum but I am the official redneck so here goes.

First off, Super Swamper are one of the only tires that measure the true size they say so a 34 inch swamper is much like a 35 inch regular tire. Cranking your torsions will obviously give you about 2 inches of lift with ****ty ride. And by dropping the blocks off in the rear did you mean pull the factory 1/2 inch block out completely or what?

You could probably fit them with a little trimming depending on your backspacing of the rims. I drive an 01 Sierra and with cranked torsions I can run 35s no rubbing as long as I trim about an inch of the corners of my lower valence.

Obviously your looking for cheapness factor, so for a decent ride and cheap get your some Torsion keys. Everyone sells them, they are like 50 bucks and you will keep the stock soft ride and not kill yourself on the highway.

slo240
12-20-2007, 04:41 AM
http://a94.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/79/l_d7884dfaa2bbae762aa0083bd5f3c64d.jpg

well i did it... turned out pretty nice

First off, you wont find much help on an import forum but I am the official redneck so here goes.

First off, Super Swamper are one of the only tires that measure the true size they say so a 34 inch swamper is much like a 35 inch regular tire. Cranking your torsions will obviously give you about 2 inches of lift with ****ty ride. And by dropping the blocks off in the rear did you mean pull the factory 1/2 inch block out completely or what?

You could probably fit them with a little trimming depending on your backspacing of the rims. I drive an 01 Sierra and with cranked torsions I can run 35s no rubbing as long as I trim about an inch of the corners of my lower valence.

Obviously your looking for cheapness factor, so for a decent ride and cheap get your some Torsion keys. Everyone sells them, they are like 50 bucks and you will keep the stock soft ride and not kill yourself on the highway.