PDA

View Full Version : angel eyes

chuck
03-15-2005, 05:53 PM
http://www.johns306.com/guides/angel_eyes.htm i'm fully aware that in the wrong hands this could turn into some nasty rice but for those of you who really like to take time and try new stuff this is something to check out.
pretty much you can make the lights in any pattern that you can bend the curtian rod(just not too sharp of an angle), this also works with bigger curtian rods too, and you can also cut a small opening and flush mount them on a smoothe surface. i've played around and made lots of little things just for fun and thrown them away. the only thing i've actually made to use were some turn signals for my R1. its some fun stuff to do, if any of you try it feel free to PM me or hit me up on AIM for some more pointers, or at least be sure to post some pictures showing what you made, the options are limitless.

here is a picture of the lights i did, i melted the stock housing glue and took it apart, measured and found a similar sized cylinder and went to town, this was an early stage in the project so you i hadn't gotten time to clean up the tape or anything:

JITB
03-15-2005, 06:10 PM
Dam seems pretty easy, Is the pick of your R1 taillight? I want to have a ring type of brake lights. But my brake light shape isnt rounded, its squared. You think it woudl be possible for the ring to shine, with the park lights? And the normal ones come on when the brake is applied? if that makes since.

chuck
03-15-2005, 07:08 PM
Dam seems pretty easy, Is the pick of your R1 taillight? I want to have a ring type of brake lights. But my brake light shape isnt rounded, its squared. You think it woudl be possible for the ring to shine, with the park lights? And the normal ones come on when the brake is applied? if that makes since.
yeah the picture if of my taillight, you could do a ring in the square if you wanted to but not a square, if you bend the rod more than 90 degrees it won't allow the light to refract all the way around. yeah you could more than likely make the ring light up with your rear running light...most bikes with bulbs in the tail have dual filament bulbs, one filament lights from the brake switch and the other is a constant that runs whenever the bike it on. you'd just pick out the wire that has constant power with the brakes off. in my case i just used the rings for turn signals and used those wires. but really like i said, you can do just about anything you want.

HiPSI
03-16-2005, 10:55 PM
the biggest thing here is making sure you have good LED's to make it all work... either find 12v led's and make it easy, or make sure you put the right amount of resistors on lower voltage led's so they don't fry as soon as you hook them up.

i actually bought about 4 sticks of acrylic rod 3' in length each. used a board and the bottom half of a pepsi can screwed to it for my diameter. turned the oven on and baked the rod on a cookie sheet for a few minutes, then took out and shaped around the can, using dowels i held it in place (was still kind of stiff), then put it back in for a little more baking time to help hold the shape better when it cooled off. the first set turned out just like chuck's pic, but after that i figured out how to make a complete circle then curl the two ends back so it ends up looking a little better. i think i'm going to make something similar, but this time make a shape that will fit the confines of my 240 taillights that's pretty much a straight bar of acrylic with an LED in each end and the cuts like in the instructions and see how it looks. all else fails i'll make a board full of the highest brightness led's i can find to put in there, but that's a lot of work ;)

chuck
03-16-2005, 11:02 PM
lol, another shocking response from erin...i saw the reply and was about to put on my flame suit...

its hard to describe the flushmount thing i was talking about but i think you could do that with the straight acrylic very easily and have it look really nice and clean if you took your time on the cuts.

also out of all of the things he recomended for the cuts, i had the bad luck with the butter knife, it actually worked suprisingly well.

JITB
03-17-2005, 01:13 AM
IM gonna try it out this weekend and see what hapens.

jonnyboy0150
03-29-2005, 06:40 PM
dude thats pretty freakin clever! looks really nice on your crx too!

id do it if i had something to put them in!

chuck
03-29-2005, 10:22 PM

nah, it wasn't my idea...i think i bookmarked that link from hondatech a while back. just thought i'd post it on here for anyone who hadn't seen it. the only thing i've done is my tail light

i think i may go to pull-a-part sometime this week though and get some tail lights to do up real crazy but keep the factory connections then sell them on ebay and see what i can get for them

jt money
08-02-2005, 11:39 PM

actually ive seen this done on our stock fog lights.

KL_03Mx-3
08-03-2005, 06:34 AM
neat im gonna have to expieriment with that

B16a2 Civic
08-03-2005, 09:06 AM
so, you can do these to tailights too....thats interesting ( unless i misread)

The Golden Child
08-03-2005, 03:49 PM
das amazing ..

chuck
08-03-2005, 04:43 PM
so, you can do these to tailights too....thats interesting ( unless i misread)
yeah man, you could do this to your hood if you really wanted to...pretty much anything you can think of can be done. the picture i posted is the ones i started on my R1 before i got rid of it.

UpSideDownDesi
08-30-2005, 11:26 PM
i say we all gather up sumtime and do it 2ghter so we can help each other out experiment lil more.