PDA

View Full Version : Question about my endyn head

Egpwns
10-14-2007, 12:26 PM
I just got my gsr head back from endyn and got a question

Went with ferrea oversized .5 valves and standard exhaust valves but three of the exhaust valves are oem not ferrea.

They said when they flow tested it, the stock was the best reading they got for those ports.

Does this sound right?

Z0_o6
10-14-2007, 05:36 PM
trust those guys, without getting into too much depth, they are way smarter than the average joe, and generally speaking, the flow bench tells the whole truth, so if it flows better with those three OEM exaust valves, why would they put the others in there and hurt your performance when you paid them to make the head flow better? Most people just slap valves and other junk on a head and assume because it is aftermarket it will always make more power, but they fail to realize just how much engineering actually went into the stock parts to optimize them for the very head they are changing.

Cliffs: flow bench and knowledge FTW.

Egpwns
10-14-2007, 06:39 PM
I don't doubt there work at all, i just never seen a setup like this before and just wanted some more background info.

Thanks for the reply

jadakid88
10-14-2007, 07:39 PM
the same thing happened to me with kms built head.

japan4racing
10-14-2007, 07:48 PM
kms is still around?????

Black R
10-14-2007, 07:53 PM

uh oh................................

i'd send that head to rlz and get printouts of the flow bench numbers!

Vteckidd
10-14-2007, 08:43 PM
im not one to argue with endyn but it doesnt sound right. ill expand on it tomorrow

Egpwns
10-14-2007, 10:08 PM
Thanks mike, pm whatever info you come up with

Black R
10-15-2007, 12:35 AM
im not one to argue with endyn but it doesnt sound right. ill expand on it tomorrow

exactly!

i say get it on a flow bench and get real numbers from an objective 3rd party.

i've heard of amazing things coming out of endyn.

i've also heard of total horse**** coming out of endyn.

so in order to be sure..... do what I suggested.

Egpwns
10-16-2007, 06:18 AM
Getting it flow benched tommorow, so i will post the #'s

Z0_o6
10-16-2007, 09:47 AM
good man im interested to see what you come up with.

and mike, i really am interested to hear your opinion on this! i enjoy a little intellectual conversation on engine theory now and then instead of "Y my VTECK no work? oil bad? wires?????!?!" that **** gets old.

punkr6
10-16-2007, 11:31 AM

KMS= garbage....total rip off

Vteckidd
10-16-2007, 11:38 AM
all valves are different.

It makes NO sense to me IMHO to use different valves in the same head. You can make a head flow great with all the same valves.

I know for a fact the the Ferrea valves have a higher dome on them than stock. So now lets say you want to run big cams, you have to measure piston to valve clearance and valve to valve clearance. Well how are you supposed to set the cams up with 2 different valves and 2 different clearances?

you can port the head, and lap the valves to match each cylinder.

HRD does it, Skunk2 does it, RLZ does it, i guess i just trust them more.

Im not one to argue Endyn cause Larry as done some DECENT stuff, but i just dont see a stock valve out flowing another valve, an mixing an matching in a cylinder head.

why not use all the same ones?

Z0_o6
10-16-2007, 10:30 PM
fair enough, i reckon i oversimplified the question. i didn't think the ferrea valves would have the dome if they were "standard" which i assumed to mean oem replacement.

maybe a motor they were building for themselves happened to need 3 exhaust valves? :P

xb1
10-18-2007, 09:04 AM
The OEM valve could out flow valves with a larger clearance if the combustion chamber is shaped correctly. This is the same Venturi Effect that Spoon achieves with their Venturi plate. That actually makes the intake ports smaller than stock, but yet achieves higher flow numbers due to a higher air velocity. If you do have it flow tested again, make sure that the flow bench being used is decent.

Egpwns
10-18-2007, 03:45 PM
i dropped it off to get flow tested i should have the results tommorow