PDA

View Full Version : HELP! '95 GSR stumbling

EkR
10-14-2007, 03:52 AM
My gsr started stumbling on the road recently. Its almost like its choking. It'll go for a second then stumble, then go and then stumble again. It even does this while i'm on the interstate. Sometimes it stumbles pretty bad. Can't figure out whats wrong with it. CEL came up for tps sensor, but after I turn off engine....the light won't come back on. New Omni tps sensor is on the way, but if its not that, any other input is appreciated...Thanks.

scttydb411
10-14-2007, 06:02 AM
if you're throwing a tps code then the ecu could be seeing tps as being shut or wot when it's not. this will cause a problem especially if it thinks it's shut and cutting the injectors. if it thinks your opening the throttle it could be enriching thinking you're tipping in hard.

replace tps and see if it still happens. this is assuming that there hasn't been any work done lately that might have mixed up some of the plugs underneath the hood...honda uses quite a bit of 2 wire plugs that'll reach into different spots. i see cars with the wrong sensors plugged in and tps is one of the main ones that get mixed up.

EkR
10-14-2007, 07:47 PM
thanks for the reply scttydb411...will update after new tps is installed.

EkR
10-17-2007, 12:12 AM
New tps sensor installed.....problem solved.

no more stumbling.

Benefit
10-17-2007, 03:17 AM
damn, you should thank scottydb