PDA

View Full Version : vtech

vi3tbodianxc
10-13-2007, 09:31 PM
hey guys i was wonderin if anyone noes about the v-tec wires becus mine is connect but the v-tec wont kick in at all iono what is wrong? help please

The BUCKY
10-13-2007, 10:33 PM
speak english?

B16a2 Civic
10-13-2007, 10:39 PM
Vtech you say?

BABY J
10-13-2007, 10:46 PM
Yes Bernard - VTECH he DOES say. LOL :D

Ok kid - sit tight. *inhale*

1st) We primarily use English as the acceptable default language on this forum. So try to properly construct your questions/inquiries in a way that we know what the "heyl" you are talking about.:yes:

B)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VTech

There is a short read-up on VTECH, as you have spelled it. Enjoy. They also have a few more lines of products here:

http://www.vtechphones.com/vtechui/index.cfm

and,

26)

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=830163&page=1

*exhale*

/thread

mocha latte cupcake
10-13-2007, 10:48 PM
so lets see if i can decipher this i'm an expert in intarweb translations!

so you've got a honda of some sort... and you're V-tak is not engaging thus keeping you at sub light speeds, and you're V-tak wires are teh touched but there is no extra noise? interesting if i had to guess i'd say that you're solenoid is teh toast... whats that you say whats a solenoid.... basically you're out of vtec fluid... seek a shop that can refill it remember to use regular Vtec parts b/c I vtec will eat the seals on your intake manifold thus making it impossible for your passengers to put their feet down b/c the welds on your floor board have broken and you'll need to install a new muffler bearing to compensate of the downforce thanks to the inferior molecular velocity construct in your chassis lubrication which inturn defibrilates your Hid ballast there fore causing a massive flux capacitor warping through time in which you read a dictionary before making this post and realizing that we can help as long as you speak ENGRISH! :D

japan4racing
10-13-2007, 11:12 PM
i guess i will be the serious one even though i would love to join in on the noob bashing. your vtec solenoid has taken a **** or you are low on oil. if you are low on oil or oil pressure you will not hit vtec. also if your car is not at operatiing temp you will not hit vtec. is your car a car that came with vtec? if not then go through and check the wires again as thety can slip out of the ecu plugs or get corroded inteh engine bay at a splice point. all it takes for the solenoid to work is a power and a ground. lose one or the other and its a no-go.

BABY J
10-13-2007, 11:14 PM
My third link truly was all the help he needed - I prefer that link b/c they LEARN about what the pre-requisites are for engagement, rather than fix their problem for them. Usually it's simply time for an oil change though, or a top off.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=830163&page=1

japan4racing
10-13-2007, 11:19 PM
some ppl will never learn and they will only rely on others to help. the engrish he typed was bad enough i dont expect him to actually read stuff on h-t

BABY J
10-13-2007, 11:22 PM
^^ U make an excellent point - but we are losing REAL wrenchers and REAL knowledgeable people on the H brand b/c of the net, and that f.uck sucks. We've made it real easy for these kids - TOO easy. I say - you read it and learn or roll around VTECless - lol.

manilikecars
10-13-2007, 11:26 PM
wow guys... hows your oil level and maybe your filter

vi3tbodianxc
10-14-2007, 08:26 AM
when i got tha car a wire wasnt pluged in tha ecu so then tha owner of ta cars friend connected it but it still didnt work and tha wire to tha solenoid is getto

Turbodude06
10-14-2007, 08:30 AM
:crazy: :thinking: :gay:

JITB
10-14-2007, 12:08 PM
low oil no vtec
no warm no vtec..

i jsut learned something!

TheProfiteer
10-14-2007, 02:32 PM
damn this dude doesnt speak a lick of engrish.

JDM onlyy
10-14-2007, 03:28 PM
when i got tha car a wire wasnt pluged in tha ecu so then tha owner of ta cars friend connected it but it still didnt work and tha wire to tha solenoid is getto

Try speaking correctly cause its really hard to decipher your speech impediments. Lol.

Check to see if you're getting power to the VTEC solenoid, if so then you have low oil or need an oil change. Or you might want to see if the oil screen in your VTEC solenoid is dirty cause that effects it too.

lsvteceg954
10-14-2007, 04:49 PM
yo its VTEC not vtech

slow_hatch
10-14-2007, 04:57 PM
oH noOs, me hOnduH haz nO VTak :crazy:

RX4BRDM
10-14-2007, 07:19 PM
low oil= low oil pressure. I believe 50# of pressure is necessary.
vtec solenoid first check the screen to make sure it isn't clogged and then check it for voltage
make sure the car is fully warmed first.
If you have a DTC stored for vtec failure you will have to clear that before it will engage again.
In my car there are several ways of throwing a DTC p1259 it may be different in yours.
Also if your MAP sensor is reading more then 10.1 pounds of pressure or boost then it will also throw the above DTC.