PDA

View Full Version : Somethin's up with my gauge cluster i think

madking411
10-12-2007, 09:08 PM
b/cuz, my trip Odometer sorta won't record how far im drivin...but, the total mileage of the car Odometer still counts normally...
And also becase, my gas gauge has been actin a lil crazy....But, i hope its not what i THINK it is....My gas gauge makes it look like my car is burnin gas like it has a V12 engine in it or something...It goes down SO fast. But, when i turn the car off, and take the key outta the ignition, that gauge pops right back up to where it was when I originally filled the tank...:thinking:

WEIRD...

KPowerEP3
10-12-2007, 10:43 PM
b/cuz, my trip Odometer sorta won't record how far im drivin...but, the total mileage of the car Odometer still counts normally...
And also becase, my gas gauge has been actin a lil crazy....But, i hope its not what i THINK it is....My gas gauge makes it look like my car is burnin gas like it has a V12 engine in it or something...It goes down SO fast. But, when i turn the car off, and take the key outta the ignition, that gauge pops right back up to where it was when I originally filled the tank...:thinking:

WEIRD...

Dunno bout the Odometer, but GM's have had problems with the fuel level sending units for years, so that's your gas gauge problem.

madking411
10-12-2007, 11:31 PM
ohhhh...REAALLY....?

hm...well, should i get an aftermarket fuel gauge, or a new cluster??

KPowerEP3
10-13-2007, 01:48 AM
New fuel sender will fix that problem, however since you have problems with other parts of the cluster, I'd try replacing it first, eince your pump and sender are probably one expensive unit.

madking411
10-13-2007, 08:50 AM
Only other part wrong with the cluster is the trip odometer thing...and, i can get that to work whenever i mess with the reset button a little bit...I think, i might've pushed it in too hard once before, and now it acts strange...