PDA

View Full Version : Allstate

Shawna
07-22-2005, 01:04 PM
If you have this company you need to get new insurence. They ARE NOT going to replace half of the stuff on my car and they wont deal with me whatsoever. They havent called me back and are accusing me of stealing my own car and have called me a liar. State Farm is the way to go. As soon as my policy is up Im going to call State Farm.

Kevykev
07-22-2005, 01:05 PM
Oh Damn!!!

Sorry to here that!

Spyder
07-22-2005, 01:06 PM
If you have this company you need to get new insurence. They ARE NOT going to replace half of the stuff on my car and they wont deal with me whatsoever. They havent called me back and are accusing me of stealing my own car and have called me a liar. State Farm is the way to go. As soon as my policy is up Im going to call State Farm.

Geico doesn't cover after market products either.

SF all but accused me of breaking into my car, but after the investigation they dealt with me in a kind and professional manor.

Shawna
07-22-2005, 01:06 PM
OOOO Allstate is about to get an earfull b/c Im going up there and seeing who else I can complain too. Ive already complained to one manager and he called me liar sooooo needless to say they just lost a lot of business.

Kevykev
07-22-2005, 01:09 PM
I'm gonna show this thread to one of my collegues, he's an Allstate agent!

Shawna
07-22-2005, 01:10 PM
lol by all means tell him I hate his company while ur at it!!!

drupason
07-22-2005, 01:12 PM
damn that sucks!!

Rican219
07-22-2005, 01:38 PM
Damn Guess I need a new Insurance company I have Allstate

mocha latte cupcake
07-22-2005, 01:40 PM
I have allstate and they covered pretty much everything from my car..... you just don't have a good agent... sorry babe...

silver
07-22-2005, 01:42 PM
That sucks.... you were telling me about that last night. Did you talk to them today. Oh and sorry if I didn't say bye to you guys... I was a little tipsy, lol!

Eli
07-22-2005, 01:43 PM
Its really all about your agent- not so much the company themselves- but bad agents give the company bad reps... like anything really.

Good luck with it all though- my insurance agent sucks balls too (i have metlife).

Shawna
07-22-2005, 01:46 PM
lol Heather its cool! Yea i talked to them today Im going to go talk to them in person though.

Yea my agent is awsome but my adjusters are what sux.

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-22-2005, 01:52 PM
i have allstate and they've been awesome soo far... hope everything works out okay

Vteckidd
07-22-2005, 01:53 PM
you arent fighting hard enough, if they wont call you backm then you arent screaming and threatening them enough.

tell them, I WANT AND ANSWER TODAY, OR I WILL CALL THE INSURANCE COMMISIONER AND *insert investigative news channel here*. always gets the job done for me.

fight more, post less. they are assholes, u told me the story, and they are wrong, fight harder shawna

YokotaS13
07-22-2005, 02:03 PM
Mad props to trying to make shit right. make them cover what they say they will. Good luck on the try! Hope it all works out!

99SI
07-22-2005, 02:43 PM
First off ask to speak to the adjusters superior. Let them know the way you have been treated and if you don't get satisfaction that you will be talking to a lawyer about arbitration as well as filing a bad faith claim w/ the comissioner. Those are two things that usually get people going. I deal w/ them constantly and if you push the right buttons usually things come out your way. Also let them know that you will have your lawyer subpoena the tapes from your conversations w/ agents/adjusters since they record them and that should be all the evidence you need. lmk if I can help

Julio
07-22-2005, 02:48 PM
I've seen picture of your car... Didnt see no major mods?... Do you know that most stock parts are More expensive then Some after market parts?
I think I saw you had after market wheels? Im willing to bet the Stock SI wheels from honda are more expensive then the wheels you had...

Aslong as you don't get used parts or something, I think you would be straight.. But I don't know the complete situations..
BTW, Im just making a general statement...

Spyder
07-22-2005, 03:00 PM
tell them, I WANT AND ANSWER TODAY, OR I WILL CALL THE INSURANCE COMMISIONER AND *insert investigative news channel here*. always gets the job done for me.

I hear that shit about 5 times a day, no joke. i just say ok... let me get you a manager, again.

that isnt at all to say that some people should be treated that way when they have a legit claim... but lets face it insurance fraud is a popular and well paying business. people think they can get whatever they want by calling here and raising hell with some piss on (me) that awnsers the phone. guess what, i cant do shit for them no matter how loud they yell.

i hope you get your car fixed and i hope they dont fuck you over, if you say they are fucking you over they likely are, just try and remain calm, you are more likely to get a better settlement with being nice then raising absolute hell.

Spyder
07-22-2005, 03:03 PM
First off ask to speak to the adjusters superior. Let them know the way you have been treated and if you don't get satisfaction that you will be talking to a lawyer about arbitration as well as filing a bad faith claim w/ the comissioner. Those are two things that usually get people going. I deal w/ them constantly and if you push the right buttons usually things come out your way. Also let them know that you will have your lawyer subpoena the tapes from your conversations w/ agents/adjusters since they record them and that should be all the evidence you need. lmk if I can help

just my :2cents: again... we dont record anything here, period. oh and we have a whole litigation team, lawyers dont scare claim reps. again try nice before you get hostile. its easy to go from sweet to hostile , its hard to get the same reactions going to opposite direction ;)

Spyder
07-22-2005, 03:05 PM
I've seen picture of your car... Didnt see no major mods?... Do you know that most stock parts are More expensive then Some after market parts?
I think I saw you had after market wheels? Im willing to bet the Stock SI wheels from honda are more expensive then the wheels you had...

Aslong as you don't get used parts or something, I think you would be straight.. But I don't know the complete situations..
BTW, Im just making a general statement...

that is generally true. as long as you can show them where to get the new parts they are a bit more accomidating, or ask them to cut you a check. here in GA you can cash settle any claim under 1500 bucks.

Vteckidd
07-22-2005, 03:41 PM
i didnt say be an asshole, i said let them know that YOU call the shots, and that it is THEIR responsibility to fix the car, NOT THE PERSON THAT HAD THEIR CAR STOLEN OR HIT.

tahts the one thing wrong with the insurancecompanies, they think that we work foy them, sorry, try again. You do what I SAY, not the other way around.

no offense to you sir, Spyder Man, not all insurance agents are that way. but the majority are out to stiff you, and i understand, thats their job, to get you to settle for the least amount of $$ possible. but i wasnt aware that an insurance agency can acuse a victim of stealing their own car, or try to play detective.

kilpatty43
07-22-2005, 03:58 PM
dont get metlife either...im still waiting for the keying and first hit and run to be paid for...not to mention the second one

Spyder
07-22-2005, 04:09 PM
i didnt say be an asshole, i said let them know that YOU call the shots, and that it is THEIR responsibility to fix the car, NOT THE PERSON THAT HAD THEIR CAR STOLEN OR HIT.

tahts the one thing wrong with the insurancecompanies, they think that we work foy them, sorry, try again. You do what I SAY, not the other way around.

no offense to you sir, Spyder Man, not all insurance agents are that way. but the majority are out to stiff you, and i understand, thats their job, to get you to settle for the least amount of $$ possible. but i wasnt aware that an insurance agency can acuse a victim of stealing their own car, or try to play detective.

yea they can do whatever they want in the case of any "suspicious" activity which is ironic being as they are the accuser the judge and the jury. however i awnsered the questions they asked and a month later all was well. they kept me in a rental on their dime that whole time.

Just to make sure you arent getting terms confused here.. an agent is the one that sells the policy for the company they work for. The company the agent works for ie: state farm, doesnt ever contact the agent reguarding a claim and often the agent is the last to know when a claim has happened.

I would also like to point out that what you posted could have been interprited as "be an asshole" i didnt want anyone to get that impression as being an ass hole eill get you no where in life much less with an insurance company that holds all the cards. being firm with them, sticking with the story you initally give them and taking notes so you dont ask the same questions 100 times will get you what you want.

your point in the above post was that insurance companies are out to settle for the least money possible, although that is true it is, here at least, the least REASONABLE amount of money for a claim, if you have someone rear end you and you have damage that consist of a scratched bumper cover then you have your TV attorney call us asking for 50,000 you wont get it. call here and instead ask for medical bills (125-300 for 2 chiro visits) plus some pain and suffering, and time off work.. say a grand total... we will likely cut you a check on the spot so we just dont have to deal with it. and that is the truth.

i have to say in all of this i dont care if anyone here has state farm or intends to ever have it. hell i may cause you to not buy it. the point is what im stating here is fact and not my opinions. i see it everyday and i know what works and what makes the claim reps you deal with stop working with you and start working against you.

Spyder
07-22-2005, 04:09 PM
dont get metlife either...im still waiting for the keying and first hit and run to be paid for...not to mention the second one

ouch. :(

99SI
07-22-2005, 04:17 PM
I didn't mean to sound as if I wanted her to rant. However, in my experience dealing w/ adjusters that do not want to work with you, bringing up bad faith claims as well as bringing up arbitration tend to get them on the ball. It is not that they can't represent themselves, they want to deal w/ something in the most efficient way. If it is a situation where they are just being assholes, she needs to ask to speak w/ a superior and state what her problem is and exactly who she has had a problem w/. I agree being agressive and yelling/screaming is not the way to handle things. If you have been accused of a crime by a representative of their company w/ no basis for their claim then you need to make a statement to a superior and let them know exactly what happened and the circumstances surrounding the dissapearance of the car as well as the circumstances that led to the recovery of the car.

Shawna
07-22-2005, 08:08 PM
Hubby... I talked to his manager and he told me that his agent wouldnt ever say a thing like that to me and that I was sadly mistaken. I asked him for a adjuster and he wouldnt have anything to do with that. He promised that he would speak to the adjuster and ask him what he said he would go from there but he believes his guy wouldnt ever do a thing like that.

ive tried the nice way so far and it hasnt gotten ma anywhere. Ive also tried being very assertive and telling them Im fed up with it and that also got me nowhere fast. Ive pretty much talked to everyone that I can and its out of my hands. If I threaten them though its not going to get me anyplace with these guys b/c they already dont want to deal with it. Itd be diff if I actually talked to the commisioner and he delt with it but hes not going to deal with it either. i talked to my agent and hes going to see if he can get things to move a little faster but he can only try.

Julio they didnt take any of the major stuff. From the outside it looks like all I have is rims so your not going to hurt me feelings one bit. they tried their hardest but they were stupid and couldnt figure out how to get things off.

BufordŽ
07-22-2005, 08:52 PM
That sucks to hear, Shawna. I wish I knew some advice to help. But my mom took care of my last claim. lol.

JoeCoolinATL
07-22-2005, 08:59 PM
for those who can get it - go with USAA
theyve never done me wrong in 10 yrs

Shawna
07-22-2005, 09:21 PM
yea we are calling the commissioner on Monday and we are going to let them deal with it.

kilpatty43
07-23-2005, 09:31 AM
good luck with that shawna...we called the commissioner 2 months ago...and all they will tell us is that theyre investigating...

ALVIN
07-23-2005, 10:12 AM
STATE FARM is da bomb y0...lol no seriously though with 11 years they have never done me or my family wrong. The way my agent put after market parts to me is that he said pictures and a reciept upon purchase to be given to him and he would add it to my policy. I dont plan on going liability only because full coverage is always good and its been pretty cheap as well. But good luck.

Brett
07-23-2005, 10:15 AM
^^ STATE FARM IS THE SHIT!! They have NEVER given me issues. When my car was broken into 3 years ago they replaced EVERYTHING and I had no reciepts to anything. They have always been there when we needed them most.