PDA

View Full Version : Gas....

itsjustdee
10-11-2007, 12:07 PM
So I put $20.00 of gas into my Civic yesterday and I've only driven about 42 miles since. How much gas mileage do I get out of my Civic b/c my gauge is showing that it's on a quarter tank already!!! I know that is some bull**** b/c $20.00 worth in my Civic usually puts me a little over half considering the gas prices these days. Could there be something wrong with my gauge or do I have a leak?

UpSideDownDesi
10-11-2007, 12:30 PM
u sure u didn't select premium when u were putting gas in lol. Well could be you gauge, if there was a leak you would have smelled it by now. Try it couple more times...fill it up and see what it does.

itsjustdee
10-11-2007, 12:32 PM
u sure u didn't select premium when u were putting gas in lol. Well could be you gauge, if there was a leak you would have smelled it by now. Try it couple more times...fill it up and see what it does.

I know I'm a little slow at times, but I'm not that retarded! LOL
I'm sure I put in Unleaded and this isn't the first time I've notice this.

UpSideDownDesi
10-11-2007, 12:36 PM
I know I'm a little slow at times, but I'm not that retarded! LOL
I'm sure I put in Unleaded and this isn't the first time I've notice this.
lol i wasn't saying u are retarted (maybe? jk). Well if it isn't the first time...then time to get it checked. I'd be :thinking: too if a civic took qauter of a tank in 42 miles. U must have Super VTEC...put some more VTEC fluid in it. lol

itsjustdee
10-11-2007, 12:38 PM
lol i wasn't saying u are retarted (maybe? jk). Well if it isn't the first time...then time to get it checked. I'd be :thinking: too if a civic took qauter of a tank in 42 miles. U must have Super VTEC...put some more VTEC fluid in it. lol

LOL nooooo. My car is stock; no mods or anything. That's why I'm so concerned...
Mannnn if I take it to a shop, they're gonna try and charge me an arm and a leg. Last time I took it to a shop, they wanted to charge me $300 for a tune up. Assholes.

jdm_91crx
10-11-2007, 12:41 PM
$20 on unleaded for me give me 3/4 of tank. and usually last me a week. yo I suggest you buy new oil filter or something.

itsjustdee
10-11-2007, 12:42 PM
$20 on unleaded for me give me 3/4 of tank. and usually last me a week. yo I suggest you buy new oil filter or something.

I just had a tune up and an oil change.

osiriskidd
10-11-2007, 12:48 PM
im sure tire pressure kills mph without you knowing it.

UpSideDownDesi
10-11-2007, 12:50 PM
LOL nooooo. My car is stock; no mods or anything. That's why I'm so concerned...
Mannnn if I take it to a shop, they're gonna try and charge me an arm and a leg. Last time I took it to a shop, they wanted to charge me $300 for a tune up. Assholes.
$300 for tune up *falls off his chair laughing* :lmfao:. Call the stealership...they'll tell you what it might be then after that i am sure someone here will knock it out for the low low.
P.S how many miles on the civic and when was the last time u changed fuel filter and did the basic tune up...(plugs, air filter).

blackshine007
10-11-2007, 12:59 PM
Is the Check engine light on?

itsjustdee
10-11-2007, 01:27 PM
$300 for tune up *falls off his chair laughing* :lmfao:. Call the stealership...they'll tell you what it might be then after that i am sure someone here will knock it out for the low low.
P.S how many miles on the civic and when was the last time u changed fuel filter and did the basic tune up...(plugs, air filter).

i had a friend of a friend do the tune up two weeks ago....he changed everything out and i had my oil changed that day too.

itsjustdee
10-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Is the Check engine light on?

nope!

my brake light is always on though....

Nitro
10-11-2007, 01:32 PM
put $20 gas in my car & i'll let you know.........personally i think it's yur fluxcapacitor :D

itsjustdee
10-11-2007, 01:39 PM
put $20 gas in my car & i'll let you know.........personally i think it's yur fluxcapacitor :D

WHAT'S THAT?

drmcivicsi
10-11-2007, 01:45 PM
LOL^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sammich
10-11-2007, 01:46 PM
WHAT'S THAT?

its that thing u stole from me and george...how often do u chk ur mpg???

Vteckidd
10-11-2007, 02:01 PM
the only way to do it RIGHT is to fill it all the way till it STOPS. fill it up an check how many GALLONS you paid for.

now, reset the TRIP odometer. Usually civics have 11 gallon tanks. Look in your owners manual to be sure.

drive it. You should be getting AT MINIMUM 25-30mpg. when you get to halfway note your mileage and divide it by half the tank. when you get to "E" divide your mileage by 11.

that will tell you MILE PER GALLON.

if its anything under 20MPG you have something seriously wrong or your gauge is Way off which is possible.

for reference, $20 in my silvia BARELY gets me half a tank, BARELY.

ilovemyhonda.
10-11-2007, 02:06 PM
i put $20 bucks in my tank yesterday and i have a 99 civic, and it almost filled my tank up but whenever i look, it seems like i use a lot of gas...

ilovemyhonda.
10-11-2007, 02:07 PM
oh and it was on E yesterday

ilovemyhonda.
10-11-2007, 02:09 PM
im going to try that..thanks

§treet_§peed
10-11-2007, 02:25 PM
alot of this is because they are make the gas in cheaper ways to save them money which in turn gives ****ty milleage as well

itsjustdee
10-11-2007, 03:22 PM
the only way to do it RIGHT is to fill it all the way till it STOPS. fill it up an check how many GALLONS you paid for.

now, reset the TRIP odometer. Usually civics have 11 gallon tanks. Look in your owners manual to be sure.

drive it. You should be getting AT MINIMUM 25-30mpg. when you get to halfway note your mileage and divide it by half the tank. when you get to "E" divide your mileage by 11.

that will tell you MILE PER GALLON.

if its anything under 20MPG you have something seriously wrong or your gauge is Way off which is possible.

for reference, $20 in my silvia BARELY gets me half a tank, BARELY.

I always keep a count on my mileage b/c I like to drive on E somtimes =X Haha.

When I put $20, I usually get about 200 miles before the light comes on...that's why I'm so concerned b/c I literally just put $20.00 and I've only driven 42 miles and it's already on a quarter tank.........!!!!

itsjustdee
10-11-2007, 03:22 PM
LOL^^^^^^^^^^^^

eff you jerk.

RBS
10-11-2007, 03:25 PM
change the gas gauge or cluster . .

Spectic Tank
10-11-2007, 03:55 PM
nope!

my brake light is always on though....

If your break light is constantly on and your e-brake is not engaged that usually means there has been a drop in hydraulic pressure and your breaks should be serviced. Maybe somebody could clarify that, because I could be wrong.

§treet_§peed
10-11-2007, 05:11 PM
or you could just simply add some DOT3 brake fluid to the reservour

TheProfiteer
10-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Civics just have some f u c k e d up fuel gauges, they go up and down especially when your on a hill, or do a sharp turn, my gauge will go from more than half to almost empty back up to half if I do a 30 degree turn going more than 20mph.

§treet_§peed
10-11-2007, 05:48 PM
i second that^

Spectic Tank
10-12-2007, 07:22 AM
or you could just simply add some DOT3 brake fluid to the reservour

Troof

SixSquared
10-12-2007, 10:57 AM
Civics just have some f u c k e d up fuel gauges, they go up and down especially when your on a hill, or do a sharp turn, my gauge will go from more than half to almost empty back up to half if I do a 30 degree turn going more than 20mph.

It's because your bobber in the tank is loose. My Silverado used to do that.... the tank was aftermarket, 60 gallons, and was shaped like a coffin... long and relatively narrow.... the bobber was only at one end. When I would stop hard, I would watch the fuel gauge look like a damn metronome going F to E to F to E and finally settling... it was annoying as ****.

And by the way, PWNAGE is paying $180 to fill said 60 gallon tank, and it being EMPTY about 4 days later.

redrumracer
10-12-2007, 11:38 AM
no pwnage is when you put $80 worth in a truck just to have it all gone about 150 miles later.