PDA

View Full Version : New Electronics installed on my s13! w00t

auxiliary
07-22-2005, 11:48 AM
I was just excitied because I just got done mounting my SAFC and my Boost gauge. I need extra lines to make the boost gauge work, and I am going to wait to hook the SAFC up until I'm ready to get it tuned, so I need just one more part; boost controller and I'll be on my way.

Here's my work...I guess

I know, I know...I need to clean the car, but I've been focusing on the motor install and stuff lately, so I always get into it with dirty hands, and end up getting the inside dirty.

Spyder
07-22-2005, 11:50 AM
you have 14 pounds of boost with the car off? where the hell did you hook that thing up? or should i ask where you bought the busted gauge..

1439/2000
07-22-2005, 11:55 AM
you have 14 pounds of boost with the car off? where the hell did you hook that thing up? or should i ask where you bought the busted gauge..

He hasnt hooked it up, didnt you read it. All autometer have to self calibrate the first time its hooked up.

You drove a 1.8t jetta, so you've never felt 14 pounds.

auxiliary
07-22-2005, 12:00 PM
He hasnt hooked it up, didnt you read it. All autometer have to self calibrate the first time its hooked up.

owned

Spyder
07-22-2005, 12:11 PM

Yep i read it, and the gauge i have in my car sits at 0, same as all the others that i have installed. You think you are tough shit because you bought a already built car but let me tell you something, you aren't anything special to me. Oh and i have never felt 14 pounds? i assume you are refering to boost.. yea it turns out i have. my last car in fact ran over that everyday. also before you start running your mouth you may want to check outsome of the facts about VW's most of them are chipped and running over 1 bar of boost. i bought my car about a month ago so i havent yet had it chipped.

Next time you think you know something check your facts before you get owned yourself.

PS: i know the only reason you post on here is to start shit and get people going, watch your mouth it isnt always appreciated.

Spyder
07-22-2005, 12:12 PM
owned

Great responce.

HalfBaked
07-22-2005, 12:36 PM
I hit a bar and a half once.

That sucked.

Also Jimmy's AFC > every other s13 afc I've seen.

I think it looks soo trashy when it is in the vents.

flysi00
07-22-2005, 12:40 PM
im with Spyder Man why is it at 14 psi I have installed a good bit of boost gauges and i never saw on like that

auxiliary
07-22-2005, 12:50 PM
Yep i read it, and the gauge i have in my car sits at 0, same as all the others that i have installed. You think you are tough shit because you bought a already built car but let me tell you something, you aren't anything special to me. Oh and i have never felt 14 pounds? i assume you are refering to boost.. yea it turns out i have. my last car in fact ran over that everyday. also before you start running your mouth you may want to check outsome of the facts about VW's most of them are chipped and running over 1 bar of boost. i bought my car about a month ago so i havent yet had it chipped.

Next time you think you know something check your facts before you get owned yourself.

PS: i know the only reason you post on here is to start shit and get people going, watch your mouth it isnt always appreciated.

...but he built a car before he got his galant...and then traded his built car towards getting a galant. He had a 300+ HP 1997 240sx that he built from stock.

So don't say he doesn't know anything about building a car...he's smart. Buy/trade for something that's already done. Like 240's. You can do the work yourself and put 8-10 grand into it, but when you go to sale it you could only get 6 or 7. Seems like the smarter thing to do...

Spyder
07-22-2005, 12:58 PM
I hit a bar and a half once.

That sucked.

Also Jimmy's AFC > every other s13 afc I've seen.

I agree 100% on the placement of the SAFC it looks good. I was just asking a simple question about the boost gauge..

Spyder
07-22-2005, 01:03 PM
...but he built a car before he got his galant...and then traded his built car towards getting a galant. He had a 300+ HP 1997 240sx that he built from stock.

So don't say he doesn't know anything about building a car...he's smart. Buy/trade for something that's already done. Like 240's. You can do the work yourself and put 8-10 grand into it, but when you go to sale it you could only get 6 or 7. Seems like the smarter thing to do...

I know he did, he also built one inbetween the 240 and his GVR4 didnt he? a black car if i remember correctly.. anyhow my post here wasn't directed toward him until he turned a conversation about your car into a direct attack on me. I agree that sometimes it is better to buy a "finished" car then it is to buy one and build it. that goes out the window when you have your first problem and have to trace down someone else shotty wiring or poor installation of something. when you do it yourself (and i know not everyone can) you can skip alot of trouble shooting steps and get right into fixing it because you KNOW you car because YOU built it.

auxiliary
07-22-2005, 01:06 PM
I know he did, he also built one inbetween the 240 and his GVR4 didnt he? a black car if i remember correctly.. anyhow my post here wasn't directed toward him until he turned a conversation about your car into a direct attack on me. I agree that sometimes it is better to buy a "finished" car then it is to buy one and build it. that goes out the window when you have your first problem and have to trace down someone else shotty wiring or poor installation of something. when you do it yourself (and i know not everyone can) you can skip alot of trouble shooting steps and get right into fixing it because you KNOW you car because YOU built it.

ya, he traded his 240sx for a g20, which in turn he traded for the GVR4. I don't think the galant should have any problems since it was the daily driven car of the guy who owns Extreme DSM; and his other GVR4 is like an 11 second car.

But...jay is an ass hole...but he's joke a lot just to piss people off...you just gotta take him that way.

As for the boost gauge, I'm pretty sure it should calibrate itself once I hook up a line to it. It got shaken around a little bit so the needle moved, I don't think it should be a problem. If it is...I'll just go get another one, it was only like $40. Plus I got it from Barnett's so I don't think it's broken, they have great products.

Spyder
07-22-2005, 01:13 PM
ya, he traded his 240sx for a g20, which in turn he traded for the GVR4. I don't think the galant should have any problems since it was the daily driven car of the guy who owns Extreme DSM; and his other GVR4 is like an 11 second car.

But...jay is an ass hole...but he's joke a lot just to piss people off...you just gotta take him that way.

As for the boost gauge, I'm pretty sure it should calibrate itself once I hook up a line to it. It got shaken around a little bit so the needle moved, I don't think it should be a problem. If it is...I'll just go get another one, it was only like $40. Plus I got it from Barnett's so I don't think it's broken, they have great products.

is it mechanical or electrical? im guessing by the fact that it only cost 40 it HAS to be mechanical, even from barnett's. they have an internal spring that is on both sides of the needle and keeps it centered, i belive you have a defective one on your hands, as i have mentioned i have bought and installed a few of them and never seen one that rest off of the 0 mark. Mechanical gauges cant "calibrate" themselves.

Also.. if you bought your gauge recently it should have came with everything you needed including some new things that autometer just started packing with their boost/boost-vac/vac gauges it's a little rubber deal that hooks to a Tee fitting and the other side connects to the nylon line, makes the install take litterly 2 min lol.

auxiliary
07-22-2005, 01:17 PM
is it mechanical or electrical? im guessing by the fact that it only cost 40 it HAS to be mechanical, even from barnett's. they have an internal spring that is on both sides of the needle and keeps it centered, i belive you have a defective one on your hands, as i have mentioned i have bought and installed a few of them and never seen one that rest off of the 0 mark. Mechanical gauges cant "calibrate" themselves.

Also.. if you bought your gauge recently it should have came with everything you needed including some new things that autometer just started packing with their boost/boost-vac/vac gauges it's a little rubber deal that hooks to a Tee fitting and the other side connects to the nylon line, makes the install take litterly 2 min lol.

It did come with everything, but the vaccum line they gave with it is to short to reach a source. So I need like an extra foot of line. I am just to lazy to go get it.

Spyder
07-22-2005, 01:21 PM
It did come with everything, but the vaccum line they gave with it is to short to reach a source. So I need like an extra foot of line. I am just to lazy to go get it.

stuff there has a 90-day from the date of purchase warrenty, if you are getting close to that i suggest getting "un-lazy" so you dont end up having to send it to autometer directly.. Knaw Mean :)

sebastianHoff
07-22-2005, 01:43 PM
looks good man. if it were me i would have put the boost gauge up on the dash close to the windsheild, that way you dont have to look down at it. looks good though

HiPSI
07-22-2005, 01:47 PM
every mechanical boost gauge i've ever touched started it's life at 0..... something's not right there.

auxiliary
07-22-2005, 01:48 PM
looks good man. if it were me i would have put the boost gauge up on the dash close to the windsheild, that way you dont have to look down at it. looks good though

I guess I should mount the speedo and tach up on the dash too so I don't have to look down when I'm driving either.

1439/2000
07-22-2005, 01:50 PM

What is with people ragging on me buying an already built car?

I HAVE BUILT A FEW MYSELF. ALL OF WHICH WERE FAST.

Anyway I was kidding so chill the fuck out. I had a European car once.....could have run my mouth all day with it. Still can with the Galant.

1439/2000
07-22-2005, 01:51 PM
every mechanical boost gauge i've ever touched started it's life at 0..... something's not right there.

I had 2 autometers that started around 10 and when i connected it up, zeroed out.

Spyder
07-22-2005, 01:53 PM
I had 2 autometers that started around 10 and when i connected it up, zeroed out.

were they electric or mechanical?

1439/2000
07-22-2005, 01:55 PM
were they electric or mechanical?

All mechanical. Never had an electrical. Makes gauges too complicated. No need for a solenoid just run a hose into the back of the damn thing you know?

Spyder
07-22-2005, 01:57 PM
im with ya, but i have NEVER seen on do that... hope it all works out for ya Auxiliary :)

1439/2000
07-22-2005, 02:08 PM
im with ya, but i have NEVER seen on do that... hope it all works out for ya Auxiliary :)

Don't be pissed,I'm down with the Euro cars....

And definitely knew about boost with this one.

Me and the Volvo guys rolling deep before the...ahem..new breed of Volvos came out.
http://www.pbase.com/recordt5r/image/18982169

This was the fastest of all my cars when I was through with it so far.

http://www.pbase.com/recordt5r/image/18982165

Spyder
07-22-2005, 02:17 PM
can you post the actual pictures instead of linking it , i see red x's

1439/2000
07-22-2005, 02:43 PM
sure

1439/2000
07-22-2005, 02:46 PM

Matt you're trashy. And Jim Abbott is NOT a thug. How bout that?!?!

auxiliary
07-22-2005, 03:17 PM
Ugliest shoes ever

HalfBaked
07-22-2005, 03:21 PM
I am not trashy!

I'm high class.

Prepare to get beaten by Jim Abbotts stub.

1439/2000
07-22-2005, 03:42 PM
I kinda want to gnaw on his arm a little bit.

HalfBaked
07-22-2005, 03:58 PM
Like is it hairy? Or soft? Or Hard like a bone...

I wanna see Jim Abbott fuck a bitch with that knub.

Spyder
07-22-2005, 03:59 PM
I wanna see Jim Abbott fuck a bitch with that knub.

thats fucked up lol.