PDA

View Full Version : What should i do folk?

korilee13
10-10-2007, 11:53 PM
so i recently acquired a d16y8 with a spun bearing (thanks for the hookup jose) and this jdm d15's slowness has gotten old real F*cking quick. ya'll think it would be worth it to tear down the d16 and build it up right, then boost it; or just junk it and get a b-series? PS-i also have a ecu and axles and sh*t if anybody may be interested...

GSRtegŪ
10-11-2007, 12:15 AM
so i recently acquired a d16y8 with a spun bearing (thanks for the hookup jose) and this jdm d15's slowness has gotten old real F*cking quick. ya'll think it would be worth it to tear down the d16 and build it up right, then boost it; or just junk it and get a b-series? PS-i also have a ecu and axles and sh*t if anybody may be interested...

I say keep it I have the same swap in my hatch and I love it. It's also a good engine to boost even if you just put the stock internals in (8 psi) safe boost.
Now for your swap into your car its OBD1 right? Well if it is just change over you altinator, injectors, and dizzy and bam your done. BTW what ECU u have the stock Y8 p2p? You will need to get a virgin p28 and wire vtec in easy as pie. If you need help I have the the diagram to show you better and also wire 02 sensor. :goodjob:

cactusEG
10-11-2007, 07:14 AM

I say fix the one u have now.. and boost it. what do u wont for the head and ECU from the d16

korilee13
10-11-2007, 11:18 AM
I say fix the one u have now.. and boost it. what do u wont for the head and ECU from the d16
i really dont wanna get rid of the head because i want to build that one up but i'll sell the ecu, i'm not sure which one it is though