PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been to London?

Nemesis
10-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Its possible in the new year I will be traveling there and maybe staying for a while. How is it there? Any info would be awesome.

Crazy Asian
10-10-2007, 09:36 AM
go eat fish and chips and take a picture of you sucking the guard's ****. LOL

Nemesis
10-10-2007, 09:37 AM
go eat fish and chips and take a picture of you sucking the guard's ****. LOL

you mother fuker

Crazy Asian
10-10-2007, 09:40 AM
nah im jp. HAHAHHAH I dont know anything to do London. I mean they have some pretty nice clubs...but you GOTO love tea. Everyone drinks like it's coke.

Nemesis
10-10-2007, 09:41 AM
nah im jp. HAHAHHAH I dont know anything to do London. I mean they have some pretty nice clubs...but you GOTO love tea. Everyone drinks like it's coke.

Earl Grey my good man LOL

I should learn to speak French wee wee :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

DeutscheBAG!
10-10-2007, 09:42 AM
for starters, ITS VERY FRIGGIN EXPENSIVE
You can do London on the somewhat cheap if you avoid the fancy restaurants and exclusive clubs ... and at ANY cost, avoid the taxi

did i mention it IS expensive - no way around it, i know of a couple great restaurants if you're interested (not brit food).
the tube works well & is easy to navigate. use it. mind the gap.
the women are refreshingly not fat
the cab drivers speak english.
some great architecture (it was founded by the romans after all)
lost of historical sites worth seeing- westminster abbey houses (in their final resting places) a virtual 'who's who' of brittania over the last millenium. a make sure you go.
british museum is impressive and FREE! (all brit museums are free).
great walking city - nice & flat, lots of bridges and you're usually close to the tube.
nice parks. (st. james comes to mind)

overall it's like a smaller, older euro version of NYC (at least there are many similarities)

Crazy Asian
10-10-2007, 09:43 AM
I dare you speak and I bet you, your gonna get invited to a duel. And the queen is gonna laugh at you.

I KNOW VISIT THE ASTON MARTIN FACTORY!!!

Nemesis
10-10-2007, 09:43 AM
for starters, ITS VERY FRIGGIN EXPENSIVE
You can do London on the somewhat cheap if you avoid the fancy restaurants and exclusive clubs ... and at ANY cost, avoid the taxi

did i mention it IS expensive - no way around it, i know of a couple great restaurants if you're interested (not brit food).
the tube works well & is easy to navigate. use it. mind the gap.
the women are refreshingly not fat
the cab drivers speak english.
some great architecture (it was founded by the romans after all)
lost of historical sites worth seeing- westminster abbey houses (in their final resting places) a virtual 'who's who' of brittania over the last millenium. a make sure you go.
british museum is impressive and FREE! (all brit museums are free).
great walking city - nice & flat, lots of bridges and you're usually close to the tube.
nice parks. (st. james comes to mind)

overall it's like a smaller, older euro version of NYC (at least there are many similarities)

Awesome man. It will be for work Travel so everything is expensed for the time Id be there.

DeutscheBAG!
10-10-2007, 09:46 AM
oh yeah
always look right when crossing streets -- cars come out of nowhere (and those wacky Brits still drive on the wrong side of the street)

Crazy Asian
10-10-2007, 09:49 AM
And PLEASE OH PLEASE dont take picture of teenage girls and ask to get nakey for 50 dollars. Oh god....I dont want you to turn into an international pedo.

HundoŽ
10-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Earl Grey my good man LOL

I should learn to speak French wee wee :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

wait wait wait.. yes is WEE WEE?? LOL whats no? DOODOO!? brb i gotta take a wicked yes.

london is awesome btw.

Leadfoot_mf
10-10-2007, 11:54 AM
go to a tvr dealership and test drive a sagaris.

OneSlow5pt0
10-10-2007, 11:57 AM
lotus anyone?

ShooterMcGavin
10-10-2007, 06:07 PM
guess it's ok? my cousin has been there goin to school now for 5-6 yrs.

Thundercat
10-10-2007, 06:21 PM
plus one for the mother country...there's plenty to do ..you really can't get bored..just check out the sites

Kyle
10-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Amazing. Had a great time, would have been more fun if I was old enough to drink. Everythings hella expensive though.

kpc2593
10-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Everythings hella expensive though.

Hell yea, make sure you bring some extra money with ya....alot of stuff was expensive down there....

But Yea...I went there during the winter, and it's gets pretty cold down there, so make sure you bring some jackets/sweaters with ya.

Don't worry about the food...they have McDonald's, KFC, Pizza Hut down there too....and that's all I ate there....

Make sure you visit some popular places such as the London eye (freaking awesome), the tower of London, St Paul's Cathedral.

And when your listening to them talking, try not to laugh....;)

s13sliderŽ
10-10-2007, 09:18 PM
i havent been , but i heard SOMEONE has been IN LANDON.

The Yousef
10-10-2007, 09:28 PM
go see a filming of top gear....and while you're there ask Clarkson to hire a skinny indian bloke from America.... :)

OneSlow5pt0
10-10-2007, 10:30 PM
go see a filming of top gear....and while you're there ask Clarkson to hire a skinny indian bloke from America.... :)

they cancelled top gear:(

S II K
10-10-2007, 10:36 PM
my girlfriends parents just got back from london. Thats all they talk about they said its a very nice place. haha oh and they have these portable toothbrushes in the bathrooms they come in little balls the toothbrush already comes prepaird with toothpaste all you do is add water and brush off.

Also visit the london eye, looks like a nice place to go to.

jamaicanDM
10-10-2007, 10:45 PM
its rains all the time there

TheSnail
10-10-2007, 10:48 PM
I went back in 98. Stayed in Cambrige for 3weeks. There are little brick steams every where. I caught several eels that had sharp teeth. Went to big ben, and near big ben where that famous bridge is, that crosses the big river, well it happend that I got during the 2day low tide that happens once in every 50years or so. So near there were castles so you would find all kinds off cool things like swords and ****. I found Several bone pipes from the 1700s but one from 1500-1600 which the people there conviced me into giving it to them for there historic show. Its crazy how old **** is there, I was smoking a cig leaning on this house then I read the date and it was 1300s I was like WTF! You'll be walking by mailboxes that are older then America. Other then that It was cold as balls at night. Though durring the night walk into town grab some fries with vinigar on them from one of the local stands "****s good as ****" and watch little cosworths and renaults eckoing the narrow brick streets as they zoom around playing techno music. Mcdonalds was like $10 for a value meal and 20oz coke was $4. Gas was about 4x more expencive then here back in 98, so I can only imagine what it is now.

VooDooXII
10-11-2007, 12:37 AM
go to a tvr dealership and test drive a sagaris.

**** that...here's $75,000...bring one back for me! Red please...

I loved London when I went...though it was unnaturally hot.

You've got all the info you need...except for the fact that it's EXPENSIVE.