PDA

View Full Version : General Chat If I Were to Buy an SUV

VooDooXII
10-09-2007, 10:05 PM
It'd have to be this.

Early Look: Volkswagen Touareg R50

Volkswagen has released images of its Touareg R50 ahead of the SUV's (http://www.leftlanenews.com/vw-touareg-r50.html#) Australian Motor Show debut. Continuing with the R-series performance treatment — such as with the Golf R32 and the new Passat R36 — VW hails the Touareg R50 as "one of the most powerful SUVs in the world."

The Touareg R50 is based on the Touareg V10 TDi but sees a significant boost in output over the TDi's 313 horsepower and 553 lb-ft of torque. Power for the R50 is rated at 350 horsepower and an asphalt-shredding 627 lb-ft of torque. That added grunt is good for a 0-60 time of just 6.7 seconds and a top speed of 146 mph.

In addition to the boost in power, the R50 will also sport 21 inch wheels — which hide blue-painted brake calipers — a revised front clip, side skirts and wider fender flares. To keep the added speed under control, VW has also equipped the R50 with an upgraded suspension. The SUV's interior is sprinkled with the R50 logo, including on the headrests of the nappa leather seats and its stainless steel tread plates.

The Touareg R50 is set to go on sale in Germany this November with prices starting at €88,260.

http://images.leftlanenews.com/content/september2007/vw-touareg-r50-1.jpg
http://images.leftlanenews.com/content/september2007/vw-touareg-r50-3.jpg

I love the Touareg in V10 TDi guise, and this makes it even better. The interior is top class too. Of course...looking at the power vs. performance figures...I bet this thing weighs about three tons. I can't imagine how that engine will sound though. :yes:

I think the diesel V10 gave better mileage than the V8 Touareg. I don't know if that'll be the case for the R50 model though, because it's more of a "performance" vehicle.

DIESEL POWER!!!

OneSlow5pt0
10-09-2007, 10:08 PM
yea i like those,the CX 7 and X5

VooDooXII
10-09-2007, 10:13 PM
I really like the interior on the CX7. The exterior looks a little odd to me.

BMW did a good job with the new X5. It looks great.

slow_hatch
10-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Nice :goodjob:

MR2DR
10-09-2007, 11:10 PM
yea i like those,the CX 7 and X5

this, the X5 and the Q7

VooDooXII
10-09-2007, 11:11 PM
I don't really like the Q7...it looks odd.

NevrNufTorq
10-10-2007, 01:08 AM
nice and good find. wish we could get it! :goodjob:

nreggie454
10-10-2007, 03:36 AM
If money weren't an issue, I'd get a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S. It might not get as good gas mileage, but it gets to 60mph 1.9 seconds faster.

The R50 is sweet, though. My dad has a MKIV R32 and I love that car (even though it has piggish tendencies of its own). If the interiors of the two are at all comparable, then I know that the seats are very comfortable and hold you in position well, and everything else is very tastefully done, with a couple .:Rs here and there. Little extra tidbit-- VW actually did extensive research on which colors were most pleasing/comforting to the eye and designed their gauges from that.

I bet if they equipped the R50 with 18s, it would pick up a lot of acceleration time. 21s are nice looking but I'd sacrifice that extra bling factor to gain performance. Is it DSG only or is there a manual version?

Frög
10-10-2007, 03:39 AM
i really like touaregs.. my dad almost got one.. this one is sick..

The Youngn
10-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Like reggie said...i'd get a Cayenne. Doesn't even have to be a turbo or turbo s but has to be grey and dropped on 22s. Black 22s and black everything like the theme im going with on the cayman

man
10-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Like reggie said...i'd get a Cayenne. Doesn't even have to be a turbo or turbo s but has to be grey and dropped on 22s. Black 22s and black everything like the theme im going with on the cayman

well 88k (in euros) like it says here means it about the same price as the Cayenne Turbo S, maybe even a little more expensive. I'll take the Cayenne.

VooDooXII
10-10-2007, 02:02 PM
I just have a thing for diesel engines, and I think the Touareg looks better.

Haha, I know all about those gauges...I'm sure they put some sort of thought into that. My dad has a Golf TDi, and the blue gauges look very upscale, and are very pleasing to the eye.