PDA

View Full Version : bored engine

AnTi-PooN
10-08-2007, 06:07 PM
is it possible to bore a d series too much???? if so what would be safest

japan4racing
10-08-2007, 08:55 PM
yes you can bore it to much....i couldnt tell you what is safe..for f/i probably not more than 1mm over with out risking cracked sleevage..why not just sleeve it though?

quickdodgeŽ
10-08-2007, 09:00 PM
is it possible to bore a d series too much????

**** yeah it is. I took this ***** ass D-16 to a cribbage meet one Tuesday evening and that mother****er sputtered and choked the whole mother****ing time we were there. So we left and I took it to see Lost in Translation. I've never seen an engine so ****ing bored in all my ****ing life. Later, QD.

AnTi-PooN
10-08-2007, 09:26 PM
what is sleeved... i wanna completely build this new z6 to see how much n/a horse power i can get out of it just for fun

japan4racing
10-08-2007, 10:03 PM
you repace the factory sleeves with stronger ones. if you are staying n/a i would not really worry so much about it. it expensive anyways

RBS
10-08-2007, 10:21 PM
sleeving is always good, especially if your going to bore it out more than factory specs . . .

madwick
10-09-2007, 08:22 PM
sleeving is when they remove your oem sleeves and install new ones.
instead of seeing the gap between the sleeve and the block, they actually install a sleeve that allows you to go much higher
in a b18c1 its a 81mm. i think you can go as far 87mm when sleeved to the max size.
you'll have to buy a whole new bottom end and send your block off to a machine shop to re-sleeve it.

i am going through this myself with my GS-R/CTR motor!!! not sure if its worth it on a D but go for it.

madwick
10-09-2007, 08:25 PM
check out this site

http://www.customdesignperformance.com/ecatalog/aebs_honda_sleeving.html

it shows you what they do from start to finish on a b series

hope that helps!