PDA

View Full Version : KA24DE questions...

SixSquared
10-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Did an intake/header/exhaust on my KA24DE in my 240... just out of curiosity, is all the popping normal? I know my Sol used to pop every now and then, but this thing sounds like a damn lawn mower or something lol. Just wondering if this is something that is common with a new exhaust/header, or something I should look at... the secondary o2 sensor had to go bye bye because of the header, so it's probably dumping in a bit more fuel than it should be... but other than that everything appears golden. LMK about the popping please!

SE-Rious1
10-08-2007, 03:06 PM
mine did a lil and it was a leak some where
also see if the plugs are fouling out

SixSquared
10-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Are you gonna be at the Athens meet in a minute? The popping is getting NUTS... it was cool at first, but now it's almost annoying. I'm pretty sure there IS a leak somewhere.. she sounds like a damn truck. Gotta get that looked at in Savannah... think it will help the popping too? If she had the turbo to justify all that noise it would be A-OK... but she doesn't... so poo. :(

SE-Rious1
10-08-2007, 06:09 PM
nah i am gona be to busy tonight for the meet :(
but yeah deff sounds like a leak check the gaskets where it bolts up and make sure they are ok and there atleast and tight

SixSquared
10-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Damn... I have a feeling it's the gaskets at the header... we had to re-use the 13 year old factory ones because I'm a dumb dumb and forgot to pick up new ones before dropping her off over at Killswitch. :(

SE-Rious1
10-08-2007, 06:14 PM
Damn... I have a feeling it's the gaskets at the header... we had to re-use the 13 year old factory ones because I'm a dumb dumb and forgot to pick up new ones before dropping her off over at Killswitch. :(
well yeah but i mean you can tell if its that one usually just by sound but it also cant just be a small leak and sucking airn when it has blowback causeing the backfire but id say that would be a good start seeing how itys the old gasket

osiriskidd
10-11-2007, 12:53 PM
if it was ka-t i'd be able to say afterfire x]

Vteckidd
10-11-2007, 12:55 PM
thats the problem then

Subuari
10-11-2007, 01:14 PM
Yeah my car leaks a little. I don't what it could be. It's too clear to be oil, so I'm taking it to the shop this tomorrow.

Mine sounds like a truck as well. It idles at 1500RPM one day the next at 800RPM. :thinking: