PDA

View Full Version : What the ****

PSINXS
10-08-2007, 12:11 PM
My motor is blown in the 240 and i havent even drove it.

R3RUN
10-08-2007, 12:12 PM
That blows. Pun intended. What went?

Kevykev
10-08-2007, 12:13 PM
ummmm, yeah that would make me mad!

Considering the situation!

fucksohc
10-08-2007, 12:13 PM
wow... thats ghey... do u think ur brother (if u have 1) took it on a test drive? lol

TIGERJC
10-08-2007, 12:16 PM
who built it, that might answer the question

PSINXS
dont know. the shop took my car out saturday to drive it before i picked it up and they said it just cut off. then today i called and they were like its knockin and i think its blown.

this is the second time i've had it rebuilt and this time i got it sleeved. and somehow it still managed to blow up.

its cursed and I am about to get me something else. look for a part out thread soon

Kevykev
You need to run up in that shop with NUNCHUCKS Blazin'!

PSINXS
10-08-2007, 12:17 PM
i'm going to see what they say. there is no way this is my fault.

cactusEG
10-08-2007, 12:19 PM
SR20 ??

R3RUN
10-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Yea. Def not your fault and they should be paying for it.

TIGERJC
10-08-2007, 12:20 PM
dont know. the shop took my car out saturday to drive it before i picked it up and they said it just cut off. then today i called and they were like its knockin and i think its blown.

this is the second time i've had it rebuilt and this time i got it sleeved. and somehow it still managed to blow up.

its cursed and I am about to get me something else. look for a part out thread soon
was it topsh!t?? if so :lmfao:

just put a stock motor in it and turn the boost down

TheProfiteer
10-08-2007, 12:21 PM

no dont do it man, you know you gota monster, just get a replacement shorblock, and dont pay the shop

they fudged it up.

PSINXS
10-08-2007, 12:22 PM
yeah it was top hat.

turn the boost down? i havent ran full boost since i got it back the first time. its always on 6psi. and i havent even drove my car.

yes THP built this motor. i better not get ****ed with them asking for money from me.

sr20ftl

getting a 2j swap or a ****in dsm

TheProfiteer
10-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Hey man, me and all your fellow IAers got your back, if they wanna make you pay we will pull an all out strike and picket their ass till the go out of business.

and if the rest of IA wont do that, man I got your back.

fucksohc
10-08-2007, 12:23 PM
yeah it was top hat.

turn the boost down? i havent ran full boost since i got it back the first time. its always on 6psi. and i havent even drove my car.

yes THP built this motor. i better not get ****ed with them asking for money from me.

sr20ftl

if they do ask you for $ i would tell them to **** off if i were you:yes:

PSINXS
10-08-2007, 12:24 PM
htanx profit. i know a few peeps on here got my back when it comes to this car ****.

fucksohc
Hey man, me and all your fellow IAers got your back, if they wanna make you pay we will pull an all out strike and picket their ass till the go out of business.

and if the rest of IA wont do that, man I got your back.
X2!

cactusEG
yeah it was top hat.

sr20ftl

DSM are worse, ur gonna keep fixing ****. But they are fast

HeLLo iM iZzY
Get a Honda :D.

TIGERJC
10-08-2007, 12:25 PM
:lmfao: ask for some lube :idb:
I bett they will :idb: even though you use to work for them

PSINXS
well 2j it is.

fucksohc
agreed:goodjob:

PSINXS
10-08-2007, 12:26 PM
and tigerJC i eat my words to you about THP. reps if possible. i owe u that much

R3RUN
I think he wants to be fast. Not slow and reliable.

cactusEG
well 2j it is.

ur a good man :goodjob:

TIGERJC
10-08-2007, 12:27 PM
once they screw you, I will want a apology from you about the thread I made about them in the pms section

fucksohc
10-08-2007, 12:27 PM
I think he wants to be fast. Not slow and reliable.
pfft on you sir... pfft on you

PSINXS
10-08-2007, 12:28 PM
once they screw you, I will want a apology from you about the thread I made about them in the pms section
read my above post n check your reps already

R3RUN
10-08-2007, 12:28 PM
pfft on you sir... pfft on you
Lol, not gonna lie. Plenty of honda's could kick my ass :)

TIGERJC
10-08-2007, 12:29 PM
topsh!t strikes again and the sad thing is that they specialize in sr20 and ka-t

fucksohc
10-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Lol, not gonna lie. Plenty of honda's could kick my ass :)
lol yupyup.... nice that you see reality:lmfao:

PSINXS
10-08-2007, 12:31 PM
no dont do it man, you know you gota monster, just get a replacement shorblock, and dont pay the shop

they fudged it up.
this is my second short block. lol

TIGERJC
10-08-2007, 12:32 PM
skip the shop part and dissemble the motor yourself and send the block and all the new parts directly to a a good machine shop and have them assemble everything. Then put the motor back in yourself (I thought you can work on cars)

PSINXS
10-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Tiger if i had space and a lift i could pull this and take it apart. i live in an apt with no garage

©hris
10-08-2007, 12:34 PM
damn sucks to hear bro.... tell em to fix that **** yo! actually id just have them pay for everything and take that **** somewhere else

PSINXS
10-08-2007, 12:35 PM
once i fund out how they will handle i will know what i need to do with my car.

WickedIXMR
10-08-2007, 12:41 PM
tophat FTMFL!

JITB
10-08-2007, 12:42 PM
theres atleast 12 240's in front of tophat every hour of the day... they should know waht there doing by now

Tracy
10-08-2007, 12:45 PM
That sucks man. Why were you building the SR20? How much power were you tryin to make out of it? I mean unless you were going for above 500 whp, it's extreme to build that motor. We had run ours on stock internals until recently (aside from springs and retainers for the revvings). Dan's car has been o the same motor since Pepe was street driven by me 4 years ago (maybe 5 now I can't remember since it's been so long). He just recently built the head.

I wish you luck Brandon. It sucks that you haven't gotten to drive the car yet. Don't curse the SR20 though :) It didn't do it.

PSINXS
10-08-2007, 12:48 PM
i was only shooting for 475whp. but i havent even upgraded turbos and injctors. never had the chance to even dyno or tune it because it has been down.

i havent reallly driven it since 2005. i drove it twice in 06 both just test drives :(

thanks tracy. i hope my **** runs one day.

PRiMAdonna
10-08-2007, 01:03 PM
:cry:

Tracy
10-08-2007, 01:25 PM
i was only shooting for 475whp. but i havent even upgraded turbos and injctors. never had the chance to even dyno or tune it because it has been down.

i havent reallly driven it since 2005. i drove it twice in 06 both just test drives :(

thanks tracy. i hope my **** runs one day.

You weren't expecting to make that on the stock turbo and injectors, I presume???? I guess you were getting to the point where you may have wanted to build the motor for that amount of power for reliability purposes. Planning is key in builds IMO. You have to take steps to get there since most of us aren't rich. Sometimes the priority steps aren't taken in lieu of quick powa!

PSINXS
10-08-2007, 03:16 PM
You weren't expecting to make that on the stock turbo and injectors, I presume???? I guess you were getting to the point where you may have wanted to build the motor for that amount of power for reliability purposes. Planning is key in builds IMO. You have to take steps to get there since most of us aren't rich. Sometimes the priority steps aren't taken in lieu of quick powa!
hell no not on stock turbo. i owuldnt get more than 300whp lol I built the motor to get ready for bigger boost. eagle rods, cp pistons, its sleeved, full valvetrain redone, and a whole lot more ****. The stuff i bought has a bout 4 miles on it because i have never driven the car. Only been test driven. i am pissed that after all that money and time my **** still dont work.

Tracy
10-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Dan makes close to that on a stock bottom end.

PSINXS
10-08-2007, 03:26 PM
i know it coulda been done with stock bottom but i had plans to buy a gt30r early spring and some other goodies but guess i wont be now lol

I might be paying dan a visit soon if my car runs again

Tracy
10-08-2007, 03:31 PM
i know it coulda been done with stock bottom but i had plans to buy a gt30r early spring and some other goodies but guess i wont be now lol

I might be paying dan a visit soon if my car runs again I'm not trying to talk you into that by any means. I'm just telling you this so you know, in case you didn't....which I'm sure you do. I have just been hearing that everyone I talk to is building their bottom end and I always ask them why. SR20's just happen to be something I know about...for once. :D I like to express my knowledge when given the chance...since it doesn't happen often that I can.

PSINXS
10-08-2007, 03:37 PM
naw u didnt talk me into it. your shop is closer anyway. i aint driving all the way back to conyers no more.

Vteckidd
10-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Id like to know more about this mainly because:

1) TOPHAT has a pretty good reputation and i know scott and Mike pretty well. They have more often than not gone out of their way to fix a problem or to take care of their customers.

2) A motor doesnt just ROD Knock of no reason. It either lost oil pressure, oil pump failed (was it replaced?) or it was a problem with machine work or assembly.

Give them a chance to tear it down an explain what happened, lets not jump the gun an start saying "SCREW TOPHAT THEY SHOULD PAY FOR IT"

and if your expecting any kind of grace, i wouldnt post ANYTHING ON THE INTERNET until youve spoken with them, and they have had the opportunity to speak with you after a tear down.

Mike

Tracy
10-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Yea, Brandon. Gawd!

EM1toEVO
10-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Good point Mike. I would at least give Top Hat a chance to fix the situation before bashing them.

Tank
10-08-2007, 06:11 PM
Good point Mike. I would at least give Top Hat a chance to fix the situation before bashing them.
i really dont understand where someone can say he is bashing them, he never got his car they built it, and they test drove it, so they blew it. On the other hand i dont know much about that shop except for what toms has told me and he said there not a bad shop. sorry to hear about this B hopefully they are a shop that stands by there work and wont leave you hanging homie.

Good Luck

Tank

Tracy
10-08-2007, 06:17 PM
I don't think he is bashing them. He didn't really say much about them. Either way, I think he's entitled to say whatever he wants to about them if he deems necessary. That's what forums are for. I think Mike's point is that motors don't just "blow". He also wasn't insinuating that B did anything wrong. It's just strange that it has happened 2 times now.

turbosx©
10-08-2007, 06:34 PM
well the first time was more a backstap type thing.that all i can say on that note.BUt sorry to hear that b i was hoping to see you at bp last sat.but regardless hit me up if ya need anything.pm me if ya need my number

Tank
10-08-2007, 06:44 PM
I don't think he is bashing them. He didn't really say much about them. Either way, I think he's entitled to say whatever he wants to about them if he deems necessary. That's what forums are for. I think Mike's point is that motors don't just "blow". He also wasn't insinuating that B did anything wrong. It's just strange that it has happened 2 times now.
oh i understand what your saying tracy, just thought the person i quoted should understand he wasnt bashing him. I feel if ashop builds something they should stand by it. not saying that he couldnt have blown it himself. But he never got the car back nor did he have any hand in building it. So they should do whats right. Ive only seen one shop to stand behind there cars they built and well im a pretty loyal customer to them and have not had one issue out them. However i have witnessed many shops give the old "we'll we did our part, and bounce with your cash" its not right. We are customers and shops are the people we entrust our vehicles to for service. How can someone call themself a shop but all they give back is a bad product. But in this case he paid for all the parts that they ordered, he had them build and tune it, they test drove it, and blew it they need to replace it. just my IMO :goodjob:

PSINXS
10-08-2007, 06:52 PM
Id like to know more about this mainly because:

1) TOPHAT has a pretty good reputation and i know scott and Mike pretty well. They have more often than not gone out of their way to fix a problem or to take care of their customers.

2) A motor doesnt just ROD Knock of no reason. It either lost oil pressure, oil pump failed (was it replaced?) or it was a problem with machine work or assembly.

Give them a chance to tear it down an explain what happened, lets not jump the gun an start saying "SCREW TOPHAT THEY SHOULD PAY FOR IT"

and if your expecting any kind of grace, i wouldnt post ANYTHING ON THE INTERNET until youve spoken with them, and they have had the opportunity to speak with you after a tear down.

Mike
Hold up a minute dont get it twisted. I know mike and scott really well myself. I use to hang out at Scotts on a daily basis before i moved. I dont think you know the full story on my car either. I already have a new oil pump from when i built the motor the first time. I am in no way bashing them or jumping the gun. I just hope i dont have to spend more money for something i dont think i should. i simply said my motor blew up and who built it. I didnt say top hat sucks, dont go over there, or they blew my **** up. i said what they told me and what i plan to do once I find out what happened. I stated that several times througout this thread.

I love Top Hat. I use to work for them. They've already said they would tear it down to figure it out and the problem is on them as of right now until they figure out what is wrong. My dad had already went up there and talked to Mike before I posted this. I just happened to call Top Hat right after my dad had left.

Tracy
10-08-2007, 07:08 PM
Knowing someone doesn't mean they can't mess your car up, IMO....directed at Mike. So that point is moot. I think they should stand behind it as well....I read that he said he didn't even get to drive it, so I know Brandon didn't do it. I think Mike was just asking if it could have been a machine shop or assembly error (who DID assemble it? We assemble our own engines. The machine shop just hits the numbers that we give them). It kind of hard to blow up a car simply on install. I think it may even be impossible :D Either way, if you paid them and not the machine shop..as in if they outsourced the work, then they should stand behind it just as if they had done the machining themselves. That's the problem with not doing everything in-house. It leads to finger pointing. Luckily we can do almost all of our work in-house. We still out source our machine work, but we have been with them since before we ever even had a shop.

I don't know the whole story and most of us don't here in this thread...so most of what is said here is irrelevant (besides good luck) until Brandon decides to tell his entire side of what happened both times. Brandon is a stand up guy and I'm sure he's giving them all the chances he needs to.

Tank,

Glad you found someone to do your job right. You should be careful lumping "everyone" into the same category....we never touched your car....although almost everyone else did :D

PSINXS
10-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Knowing someone doesn't mean they can't mess your car up, IMO....directed at Mike. So that point is moot. I think they should stand behind it as well....I read that he said he didn't even get to drive it, so I know Brandon didn't do it. I think Mike was just asking if it could have been a machine shop or assembly error (who DID assemble it? We assemble our own engines. The machine shop just hits the numbers that we give them). It kind of hard to blow up a car simply on install. I think it may even be impossible :D Either way, if you paid them and not the machine shop..as in if they outsourced the work, then they should stand behind it just as if they had done the machining themselves. That's the problem with not doing everything in-house. It leads to finger pointing. Luckily we can do almost all of our work in-house. We still out source our machine work, but we have been with them since before we ever even had a shop.

I don't know the whole story and most of us don't here in this thread...so most of what is said here is irrelevant (besides good luck) until Brandon decides to tell his entire side of what happened both times. Brandon is a stand up guy and I'm sure he's giving them all the chances he needs to.

Tank,

Glad you found someone to do your job right. You should be careful lumping "everyone" into the same category....we never touched your car....although almost everyone else did :D
THank you Tracy. The first build they didnt do and they arent responsible for that. That was in 05-06. After it blew again, I brought it to THP in Sept 06. Stayed awhile becuase of the time taken for the build plus extra time for a flywheel issue. April 07 car still at shop, on a base tune session the turbo blows right before i got back to the shop. Like in front of the driveway lol I buy another turbo, they flush they motor of any water and oil, do a leakdown test and it was perfect. Car got driven this past saturday by THP and the result is what I posted. I dont know who machined it or who assembled the motor because i was not working there at that time.

Tracy
10-08-2007, 07:24 PM
THank you Tracy. The first build they didnt do and they arent responsible for that. That was in 05-06. After it blew again, I brought it to THP in Sept 06. Stayed awhile becuase of the time taken for the build plus extra time for a flywheel issue. April 07 car still at shop, on a base tune session the turbo blows right before i got back to the shop. Like in front of the driveway lol I buy another turbo, they flush they motor of any water and oil, do a leakdown test and it was perfect. Car got driven this past saturday by THP and the result is what I posted. I dont know who machined it or who assembled the motor because i was not working there at that time.

Who is doing the tuning? They don't have a dyno. Same things as the machine shop stuff though. They should still have to stand by it if they outsourced the work (nothing they can do about a blown turbo obviously. That's manny defect, not tuning error). Does Red Star still do their machining? I know they are heavy into the domestics...but a machine shop should still be able to do it right.

o0o0o0o something just hit me. Maybe there wasn't any oil in it. Did they ever check that? If the turbo blew first and now the motor is knocking...maybe it's oil starvation. Sometimes people forget to check that.

ahmonrah
10-08-2007, 11:59 PM
either way, they should repair the problem/no charge. you havent driven it in like....ever?

drmcivicsi
10-09-2007, 12:28 AM
damn sorry to hear.