PDA

View Full Version : rear brakes...

0p7!mu5
10-08-2007, 08:11 AM
ok so this is my first time doin rear brakes and got a lil confused. i have a dc2 1st off but i took off the caliper bolts like you do on the front brakes and the caliper shield but the caliper wont move? wat am i missing? is there a few more bolts on the rear that i forgot? help?:thinking:

SL65AMG
10-08-2007, 10:14 AM
the pads are probably pressing pretty hard on the rotor. just get a screwdriver and spread em out and pull the caliper off.... thats my only guess

dickdragon
10-08-2007, 10:52 AM
yeah, i'm sure there's more bolts that you need to remove. just did my neighbors the other day. we had to almost take apart the whole thing. remember your rear caliper piston needs to be screwed back in.

Blitanicle99
10-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Your pads are probably stuck for one. Make sure all bolts are out. I did rear brakes on an integra and I missed the bolts the first time. Also make sure you get a caliper compressor, they are the ones that turn when you compress also. You can do it without it but its so worth having them. You can rent them from Napa for nothing once you return them.

RBS
10-08-2007, 08:49 PM
if you havent already, try putting the E-Brake down lol. alot of people i know make that mistake

0p7!mu5
10-08-2007, 08:54 PM
so how do i get the pads unstuck? could I use pb blaster
? I did that to get the caliper bolts off think that could work or do i have to pry it?

Blitanicle99
10-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Generally your gonna have to wiggle and yank the **** outta the caliper once you get it un bolted. And yes PB Blaster is a great idea. If it doesnt wiggle at all and you cant feel any play in it, you havent unbolted something you need to. Look on the back side, its probably hidden pretty well. Once your sure you get all the bolts out take a pry bar to an exposed side and lift that sucker out.

0p7!mu5
10-08-2007, 09:07 PM
if you havent already, try putting the E-Brake down lol. alot of people i know make that mistake
u know wat i sure as hell didnt do that..i forgot that completely cuz my old car ('88mazda 323) was a rear wheel drive. i took off all the bolts

RBS
10-08-2007, 10:17 PM
so basically you DID forget to let the E-brake down while working on the rear brakes? lol