PDA

View Full Version : B16 Transmission Prolem help=money

TheProfiteer
10-08-2007, 01:46 AM
Just droped my LS with b16 trany into my 96 EX civic, started up and the motor, motor runs great but I ran into a transmission problem.

The shift gear will not rotate right or left meaning I cannot place it in 1st, 2nd, 5th, or reverse gear.

has anyone ever had this problem before, or know why its doing that?

on a side note, I bought this transmission for Carey (Mr.Muaytai)
who told me that if its bad would give me my money back, and I know he has read my messages but refuses to respond, I am not mad or anything just disspointed and upset that I always get wronged.

also if there is anyone around here who knows how to do some transmission work I can take the tranny out and bring it to ya, but I am fairly broke and cannot afford much. Thanks.

Reps to anyone who offers good advice, and cash to anyone who can come and help me figgure this out, I need this car mobil, ASAP.

xlilvi3tx
10-08-2007, 08:01 AM
let vuong's garage check it out for u plus he'll do it for a great price

dickdragon
10-08-2007, 10:55 AM
was it installed right? check & make sure your not in gear so you could move the shifter freely.

TheProfiteer
10-08-2007, 11:36 AM
yes I installed it correctly, at least to the best of my knowlage, but this is not something that is due to installation, its the tranny it self.

you see there is a little knob that come out of that tranny, and when your in neutral and you swing your shift left or right, that little knob turns a little left or right.

this knob is stuck.

bad shifter gear, or something along those lines I think.

silversol
10-08-2007, 11:38 AM
will it go in to gear with the car not running? you are useing the correct linkage right? check to see if the linkage binding? or one of the shift rods in the trans could be bent

Benefit
10-08-2007, 11:38 AM
bent fork?

TheProfiteer
10-08-2007, 11:50 AM
cannot be a bent fork because I bought a brand new one before installed it.
Plus the fork has nothing to do with this.

and I took the shift linkage off and tried to turn it manualy, still with negative results.

I

TheProfiteer
10-08-2007, 11:50 AM
will it go in to gear with the car not running? you are useing the correct linkage right? check to see if the linkage binding? or one of the shift rods in the trans could be bent

no it will not move at all.

EmminoDaGreat
10-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Bring me the tranny dude

LSTurboHatch
10-08-2007, 12:46 PM
cannot be a bent fork because I bought a brand new one before installed it.
Plus the fork has nothing to do with this.

and I took the shift linkage off and tried to turn it manualy, still with negative results.

I
he meant the stifter fork inside the trans. thats probably what it is.

TheProfiteer
10-08-2007, 01:26 PM
oh I thought he was talking about the clutch release fork.

I do not know squat about transmission internals.

IDriveToast
10-08-2007, 09:04 PM
I cant believe people still buy things from that guy lol.

RBS
10-08-2007, 10:23 PM
your tranny is booboo, get a refund lol