PDA

View Full Version : Racing gloves question.

fawk_you
10-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Ive heard that if you have a leather steering wheel to not have leather gloves... what material goes with leather that wont mesh as it supposedly does? Any suggestions on gloves? G-force... nomex material and leather or leather and leather? I dont know if this stuffs true? :thinking: HELP!

fawk_you
10-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Nobody knows the trouble I see..........

lalala

TS240
10-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Nobody knows the trouble I see..........

lalala

LMFAO!!! Reps:goodjob:

Oh yeah I have no idea.:D

fawk_you
10-07-2007, 09:55 PM
:) Thanks.

I dont think it matters, I just want to be sure before I make a purchase, or well my brother does for a bday gift.

TS240
10-07-2007, 09:57 PM
:) Thanks.

I dont think it matters, I just want to be sure before I make a purchase, or well my brother does for a bday gift.

LOL my parents bought me driving shoes for my last Bday.:D

fawk_you
10-07-2007, 09:59 PM
I want those 2, but beggers cant be choosers:(

Whiteboy™
10-07-2007, 09:59 PM
i drive fine bare handed and wearing skate shoes, but maybe thats just me?

TS240
10-07-2007, 10:01 PM
My friends use sk8 shoes too.

fawk_you
10-07-2007, 10:01 PM
I wear goodyears driving... those are fine. I can drive in heels 2, but thats a diff. story. I dont have power steering... and im a very tiny person... I need more grip in my steering, and I believe the gloves would help a lot. My hands dont slip THAT much... but the extra mile would be awesome.

Whiteboy™
10-07-2007, 10:02 PM
i dont have power steering it is for pussies anyway (no offense), btw repped you for being a hottie

fawk_you
10-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Thanks. I dont like power steering either... but since im so little... it doesnt really benefit me.

TS240
10-07-2007, 10:04 PM
I wear goodyears driving... those are fine. I can drive in heels 2, but thats a diff. story. I dont have power steering... and im a very tiny person... I need more grip in my steering, and I believe the gloves would help a lot. My hands dont slip THAT much... but the extra mile would be awesome.

I was about to say dont u heel and toe in 5" heels or something like that.:lmfao:

Do miatas not come with power steering or is ur's just messed up?

fawk_you
10-07-2007, 10:06 PM
I was about to say dont u heel and toe in 5" heels or something like that.:lmfao:

Do miatas not come with power steering or is ur's just messed up?
:goodjob: Good memory. haha

Some have it, some dont. Base models usually dont.. and mine only came with the options of AC and a hard top.. everything else is manual. :2up: I like it tho. :bump:

TS240
10-07-2007, 10:08 PM
i dont have power steering it is for pussies anyway (no offense), btw repped you for being a hottie

Im a pussie :cry:

Whiteboy™
10-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Im a pussie :cry:

:no:

SixSquared
10-07-2007, 10:11 PM
lmao LA heel-toing in heels.. that's why you, my dear, are EPIC.

Check your myspace messages.. I ain't typing all of that again. :)

fawk_you
10-07-2007, 10:15 PM
Thank you Emily, answered what I needed to know. :)

SL65AMG
10-07-2007, 10:31 PM
Ive heard that if you have a leather steering wheel to not have leather gloves... what material goes with leather that wont mesh as it supposedly does? Any suggestions on gloves? G-force... nomex material and leather or leather and leather? I dont know if this stuffs true? :thinking: HELP!

i dont know. leather is slick i guess to it wouldnt help so much. maybe some with a rubbery palm....

anyways.... ive got some biking/workout gloves(thats what i use em for anyways) and they work good. i just feel like a fag driving around with gloves on......

fawk_you
10-07-2007, 10:42 PM
:gay:

Benefit
10-07-2007, 10:47 PM
i can heel toe with tim's on if that counts

fawk_you
10-07-2007, 10:57 PM
tims. woo! I have a friend named tim.

/thread.

mikespeed95
10-07-2007, 11:49 PM
i have a freind named lea anne :P

fawk_you
10-08-2007, 12:19 AM
i have a freind named lea anne :P
I have a boyfriend named mike... this is weird.

Or is it toots¿

/thread.

mikespeed95
10-08-2007, 12:35 AM
i tooted. <3

Thighs
10-08-2007, 12:36 AM
i like popsicles.

and why do you want gloves?

DinanM3atl
10-16-2007, 07:55 PM
G-Force will work fine. Just get a leather padded palm. Works great. That is what I use on track... I don't know how told you leather on leather won't work. It works better than sweat hands on a leather steering wheel...

Also you shouldn't be man handling the steering wheel.

Wow so intelligent. Hilarious almost. Why would you eliminate something that helps you and is better? This makes you a *****?

Thighs
10-17-2007, 12:49 AM
power steering dulls the feel of the road and makes handling a car at speed on a bumpy surface tougher. it makes it easier to turn, but harder to handle.

and it adds a little weight.

fawk_you
10-17-2007, 01:18 PM
G-Force will work fine. Just get a leather padded palm. Works great. That is what I use on track... I don't know how told you leather on leather won't work. It works better than sweat hands on a leather steering wheel...

Also you shouldn't be man handling the steering wheel.

Thanks, my bro got me the leather palm small g-forces. I appreciate your insight. :D Better late than never right? haha

/thread.

quickdodge®
10-17-2007, 01:24 PM

You drive a Miata, right? Later, QD.

JDM onlyy
10-17-2007, 01:36 PM
power steering dulls the feel of the road and makes handling a car at speed on a bumpy surface tougher. it makes it easier to turn, but harder to handle.

and it adds a little weight.

x2. I don't really like it too much. You can't really feel the road...it just makes it easier to turn but when you hit bumps and your tires get off the ground for a few seconds, I don't like it when it comes back down because with the power steering it feels so loose it just feels like its gonna swerve away from me. Iuno, thats just my opinion.... :D

fawk_you
10-17-2007, 01:39 PM
x2. I don't really like it too much. You can't really feel the road...it just makes it easier to turn but when you hit bumps and your tires get off the ground for a few seconds, I don't like it when it comes back down because with the power steering it feels so loose it just feels like its gonna swerve away from me. Iuno, thats just my opinion.... :D
I agree. Co-drove a turbo miata this past weekend at a race and it was fun... but its not the same. Im keeping the no power steering factor.. just trying to help my turning issues. Im tiny and its hard to make certain turns with no power steering. blah blah blah...etc.etc.

/thread. Found out what i needed to know. THANKS

quickdodge®
10-17-2007, 01:40 PM
You drive a Miata, right? Later, QD.

Unless I'm mistaken. Later, QD.