PDA

View Full Version : Doing my timing belt on my 18t

Chuckster
10-07-2007, 07:30 PM
So i attempted doing my timing belt myself. With a little bit of help b/c i dont have the time to do it. We started on it late friday night, after work. We were breaking it down damn fast. Until we got to a bollt on the motor mount which was a ***** to get off. Took almost an hour just to get it out. After finally getting it out we set it on TDC. Got the belt off. Changed the water pump. got off the old and put on the new tensinor and roller. Then we got kicked out of work. So I had to wait till saturday after work. I got off A little early to get my car done. Well I changed my camshaft seal with no problem. Then I went to go change my crankshaft oilpump seal. When I went to get the bolt of I forgot to hodl the crank and turned it a full revolution. ummmm a couple of revolutions. :no: yea so I was liek oh **** wait a minute did I just **** up? Well only one way to find out. So My help finally gets off to come and help me. We had to line up the bottom crank to TDC since I ****ed it up. So now we are attempting to get the Tbelt on.. It aint working. After about 30-45 mins go by tring to fight this tbelt. We find out we have to put the belf on first then put the tensinor and roller on. Can you geuss what happens next? Yep thats it we are gettign kicked out of work again. So tommorow morning Im gonna find out if I fuct up my intake/exhaust valves.

mocha latte cupcake
10-07-2007, 07:32 PM
sigh chocolate chuck! just like in video games it applies in real life.... find a walk through if you don't know exactly how to do it! BAD CHUCK BAD! sorry to hear buddy prayin everything is ok

Chuckster
10-07-2007, 07:43 PM
sigh chocolate chuck! just like in video games it applies in real life.... find a walk through if you don't know exactly how to do it! BAD CHUCK BAD! sorry to hear buddy prayin everything is ok

I had a walk through off the vortex and it skipped alot of steps. I had some help aswell. But when I was changing the seals they were not present. If they were, they would have reminded. I knew, well somewhat knew what I was doing just wanted to get it done and I just forgot.