PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods jdm dohc zc swap going boost??

Tree
10-07-2007, 03:32 PM
i'm starting my build for my jdm zc dohc motor.. i was wanting to know if anyone knew where i could get the boost stuff for it?? (pisions, rods, ect) and dose anyone know the number i can pull out of that motor?

95civictypeR
10-12-2007, 11:08 AM
hey man.. whats up.. member me with the four door gsr.. Seth.. PM me.. later

B18c1Turboed
10-12-2007, 01:21 PM
I have 2 fully built ZC motors already!! PM if you intrested!

Whiteboy™
10-12-2007, 01:24 PM
i have a spare dohc zc sitting in my garage, pm me if anyone wants it

-S Double C-
10-12-2007, 01:32 PM
d16 pistons rods and everything works....im building a 400whp zc now as we speak for my girl.

SiRed94
10-12-2007, 02:02 PM
d16 pistons rods and everything works....im building a 400whp zc now as we speak for my girl.

this was gunna be the build in my 4dr but i went with a Z6 instead... but yeah you can just get pistons and rods made for any model d16 engine.... the same goes for the Turbo manifold... the sleeves on those are actually slightly thicker than the SOHC's, I've seen several ppl post the block and run over 15 psi without cracking the sleeves... not saying you should ... but, with proper tuning it can be done... the only downside for me was that they come with composite headgaskets and with the boost i was planning on running i would've rather had a multi-layered steel one... cometic offers one, but it's for a 76mm bore... but you could have them make you one for stock bore or bore the cylinders... also, webcamshafts, gude, and i think exospeed offer cams for the ZC... G/L with the build

-S Double C-
10-12-2007, 02:56 PM
this was gunna be the build in my 4dr but i went with a Z6 instead... but yeah you can just get pistons and rods made for any model d16 engine.... the same goes for the Turbo manifold... the sleeves on those are actually slightly thicker than the SOHC's, I've seen several ppl post the block and run over 15 psi without cracking the sleeves... not saying you should ... but, with proper tuning it can be done... the only downside for me was that they come with composite headgaskets and with the boost i was planning on running i would've rather had a multi-layered steel one... cometic offers one, but it's for a 76mm bore... but you could have them make you one for stock bore or bore the cylinders... also, webcamshafts, gude, and i think exospeed offer cams for the ZC... G/L with the build

we plan on run 20-25psi on the stock sleeves. It's been done many times and it's about to be done again.

JDM onlyy
10-12-2007, 03:07 PM
i have a spare dohc zc sitting in my garage, pm me if anyone wants it

x2 I got one sitting in my garage... :D

JDM onlyy
10-12-2007, 03:08 PM
we plan on run 20-25psi on the stock sleeves. It's been done many times and it's about to be done again.

Post up on updates and when its dones!! :goodjob: :goodjob:

B18c1Turboed
10-12-2007, 03:12 PM
x2 I got one sitting in my garage... :D

But i bet there not 2 fully sleeved blocks,like the ones i have?:D

GsrCrx
10-12-2007, 08:53 PM
i had a jdm dohc zc too, at 7 psi it dynoed at 207 whp

SiRed94
10-12-2007, 09:38 PM

haha hell yeah... i was surprised at how damn thick the sleeves were when i popped mine open...

Tree
10-12-2007, 11:38 PM
what about stock??? how much boost can i push and what number will i get out of it?

JDM onlyy
10-13-2007, 03:47 AM
But i bet there not 2 fully sleeved blocks,like the ones i have?:D

**** no, but I got the Dual cam one...you have the SOHC ones. I want that one you got but can't afford it... :(

Oh well, one day.... :rolleyes:

Autoworks
10-13-2007, 08:45 AM
i'm starting my build for my jdm zc dohc motor.. i was wanting to know if anyone knew where i could get the boost stuff for it?? (pisions, rods, ect) and dose anyone know the number i can pull out of that motor?

If you are going to do the DOHC ZC the first change I would make would be the headgasket and head studs. The OEM composite (paper thin) gasket is really garbage. I would use the D16A1 HKS beaded headgasket and a set of ARPs. If you can still fid the Dodge Neon SRT 4 ARP bolts then grab a set (it is the same as the DOHC ZC)

The exhaust manifold itself is the exact same as the SOHC. We build them on a regular basis. The rods are the same as the SOHC D16s as well. The pistons are the same size but will yield an even lower C/R in the DOHC than what they are listed at. To get a properly specd piston for the DOHC ZC you may want to try a set of RollerWaves from Endyne. you can use others but you will have to calculate the C/R...actually bump up the C/R numer for a SOHC ZC to get a correct C/R for the DOHC.

Power, the DOHC ZC makes very good powerand even better torque with boost.:goodjob: (owned one myself, built a few for customers)

B18c1Turboed
10-13-2007, 09:48 AM
**** no, but I got the Dual cam one...you have the SOHC ones. I want that one you got but can't afford it... :(

Oh well, one day.... :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm.. i have the dohc ones also? :crazy: