PDA

View Full Version : Freedom of speech sprayglo....duluth

PD code 805D
03-15-2005, 04:34 PM
EDITED BY ME: I dont like the way my car turned out. It doesnt meet my expectations. Shirleen gave me the run around.

You need to see pics of my car before you judge me. (PICS OF PROBLEMS)

Color is good but quality for such a christain owned operation IT SUCKS!

I will be getting all other work done at a EXPERTS COLLISION SHOP.

$2,000 It has minor minor drips like one or two but the small shit pisses me off like...They didnt wanna put my shit back together..headlights,grille,moldings,interior parts and wires....

Ed is cool but hes not going to have my TEAM and Hopefully IA.com As loyal source of customers as long as shirleen works there.

(i am posting this of course AFTER I PICK MY CAR UP)

P.S. this was there idea of sponsorship.....hahaha! BLOW ME i threw the fucking cards out the window! There you go i advertised enough.

chuck
03-15-2005, 07:19 PM
it either sounds like you have a good case in court or you didn't ask enough questions before you handed over the cash. did they say they would paint the door jambs and engine bay and all??

granted no one likes runs though...

05spectra
03-15-2005, 07:35 PM
$2000 FOR JUST A OUTSIDE SPRAY???PLEASE TELL ME ATLEAST YOU CHANGED THE COLOR? SORRY MAN .....BUT I THINK YOU JUST GOT F#!KED!!!!!!

PD code 805D
03-15-2005, 07:53 PM
well check out my pics in the Sfumato forum...changed my color but its kinda shitty

I HOPE PEOPLE SPREAD THE WORD!!! "if you want good work ethics and detail dont choose sprayglo."

My VP also got his cavi FULLY MOLDED and everything custom paint...it lasted a week before it cracked....

Im going to give them a call tomorrow. If they dont fix the shit needed to be fixed i might take them to court.

quickdodgeŽ
03-15-2005, 11:27 PM
My car was painted by SprayGlo. I will continue to use them in the future. I gave $300 for an exterior spray only and it is still going strong after 3 years. Highly recommended. Later, QD.

PD code 805D
03-16-2005, 12:07 AM
damn....well maybe they have changed priorities around since then.

NEONRACER
03-16-2005, 12:04 PM
FYI Sprayglo is a franchise operation and what is done at 1 is not relative to what type of work is done at another. All I can say is this. When dealing with ED you need to talk everything over with him ahead of time and everything you discuss will get painted. You should never assume that somehting will get done without discussing it prior. $2,000 for that paint job is high but it's not Sprayglo's fault but yours. You should of discussed the details before hand IMO.

Ed does good work for the price you pay. I haven't had any issues with what I have paid for. Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups. Remember that and yourlife will be much easier and less stressful.

Brett
03-16-2005, 07:52 PM
I have found Ed and his wife to ALWAYS be honest and give 110% in customer service..... Let me better explain how he and his wife have strived to do good and go beyond that.

I got my body kit painted and installed at thier location. When I got the car back it looked good, Paint was good but the left side skirt I noticed wasnt lined up right, It went down at a angle, so I called Ed up and they told me to bring the car back and they would fix it. So the next day I drop it off and a day later I come back and pick it up. About 2 weeks later.... I am at a show, was a HOT ass day, about 100 degree's and my left side skirt started to seperate from the body, His guy used 3M tape to hold that part, When I told Ed, he was pissed, and chewed out his guys because he doesnt not tolerate them using 3M to hold kits on, so he asked me to bring it back again. This time he without me asking wasnt happy with the fit of the kit and the slight gap between the top of the kit to the car, so he seamed the whole kit to the car and I HAD TO HAVE THE CAR BACK THAT MORNING for a show that next day, so he had his guy come in at 6am and driv my car out to my house and hand deliver my car ( What shop does that? ).

Now I have had a few more minor issues with the car and he has stood bhind it all those times and never asked for a dime extra, now I do have a few small drips I noticed in the parts he repainted when they seamed the kit, but I just gave up dealing with it, because he is to far from me and I got tired of going back and fourth every few days for a few weeks non stop, But the moral is this... He doesnt screw people over, he stands behind his shit 100% and goes beyond the call of duty to help a customer out.

b18hb
03-16-2005, 09:40 PM
+1 for Ed at sprayglo. 1800 and i had a complete Color change. Engine bay, jams, entire interior (car was gutted). Excellent customer service. I will probably have my current project painted there as well.

dfire9
03-16-2005, 10:23 PM
adarkexit email me if there is something I can help you with.

PD code 805D
03-17-2005, 09:31 AM
ok.....obviously no one actually read what i posted.... I was saying ED was a great guy and is willing to help, Shirleen has done nothing but give me the run around as she does with all my members. We were promised to all get AWESOME DEALS but paid the same as anyone else.... I am going to talk to ed on monday about all the faults. If you looked at my rearend closey its GRAY!!!!! its not even painted! They didnt paint on the bottom of my accent lines on the rear bumper either! I guess im mad b/c mommy and daddy didnt pay the billi did and i thought it was going to look better than it did.

and who is dfire9?

b18hb
03-17-2005, 11:46 AM
dfire9 is affiliated with the sprayglo you have issues with. and i read your post, and i was very satisfied with the quality of work done there. i talked to they guys that were spraying the car, and stopped in about every other day to check in on it. everyone was happy to talk to me and the car came out looking great. i do understand your frustration though. i'da been pissed too, but i made sure that it didnt' happen. i didn't even take the car home until i was satisfied.

PD code 805D
03-17-2005, 11:52 AM
the day i took it home, she told me it had been cleaned and waxed. It was nothing along these lines it had SHIT/Overspray allover it and it had dust on EVERYTHING.... It took over 2 1/2 hours just to clean it when i got home.... Then i took in in the light and noticed this and that.... I was pissed to make things worse i found that they cracked my rear light...And since i have the llights imported from germany i was fucking PISSED!!!! Ed promised to fix all mistake...i hope.

dfire9
03-17-2005, 12:10 PM
Dont know if I know you, but iam Dion and help out at the shop. If there is anything I can do to help you out, I will do what I can. My car is the accord that has been up at the shop you may have or have not seen it.But again trying to be helpful if I can.

PD code 805D
03-17-2005, 02:25 PM
thanks,i know who you are. The marble flamed accord...yeah, shirleen just made promises that our team would have "GREAT DEALS" and my car was going to have this and that...and so on... Well as time went on shirleen got more and more untrustworthy, She never let me talk to ED and kept telling me i cant do this or that... I couldnt even get a paint chip to preview the color. My car has PRIMER spots where the color is thin and some spots it has no paint at all. I have drips and paint isnt healthy looking. Ed told me i was getting 2 free glamor clears and it doesnt even look like clear coat was added much. ( i know it was cause i got runs) I thought it would be shinier (sp*)

dfire9
03-17-2005, 06:31 PM
Where is the car now? I will talk to them and see if we can get you taken care of. What is your name and you have the jetta correct?

CSquared
03-18-2005, 12:06 AM
i went and picked the car up with matt... There were some obvious problems i noticed as well including the fact that he can no longer fit his marker lights back into the bumper because they butchered the paint in that area. I have also seen the vice presidents cavalier... that car was a complete and total disaster. between paint drips overspray and the molded bumper starting to crack and splinter. It is disguisting...

Just from seeing their customer service and the way these two cars came out... I will never do business with them. It's a shame because i really was thinking about getting my car done there as a result of matt's(the team leader's) recommendation.

Regardless of whether or not i will get flamed for saying this... I am thoroughly disappointed... and will pass my opinion on to the other 5 members of team sfumato who were also considering getting work done at this location. I dont want to see a repetition of the two horror stories i have already witnessed.

RISKYB
03-19-2005, 12:57 PM
i use maco in athens, they have awsome customer servc, great procing, and do excellent work, they also use dupont paints

PD code 805D
03-20-2005, 09:47 AM
ugh Oh better get maco...

civic95
03-21-2005, 09:52 AM
hmm. I think QD is the only positive experience I've heard of with sprayglo. Thanks for warning others.

quickdodgeŽ
03-21-2005, 11:53 AM
I also used a different location. Later, QD.

4dmin
03-21-2005, 12:14 PM
$2,000.... Color is good but quality for such a christain owned operation IT SUCKS! what did you have done for 2000$??? your making it sound like you paid 2g's for paint; which i highly doubt you did at sprayglo... and minor drips are easy fixes i'm sure Ed/Shirlee would gladly fix it, but if you bad mouth a shop i don't think they would be so kind to extend help on the issue.

And as far as them being a christian shop what does that have to do w/ the quality? That is like saying Chickfila Sandwiches are better quality than McDonalds b/c they are a christian business. :rolleyes:

Sprayglo is a good shop if you want to get alot of work for cheap... everything comes down to you get what you payfor. Before people pass judgement on work how about you throw up some $$$ on what it would cost to do the same at another shop. I'm sure you 2000$ job would be more like 3000-5000$.

Julio
03-21-2005, 02:53 PM
I have painted my car 9 times 2 of them were by Yellow River Collison and 7 UAB, Not once did I have to come back because they had forgot to do something.

When bodyshops make mistakes like what you have describe, NEVER pay until the problem is fixed.. NEVER.
I agree with what Matt said about discussing what is going to be done etc, really important, But if what you said is true then thats Bodyshop bad work.
But anyways Not all shops are perfect, Ive seen good things come out of there and Ive seen bad things...

FLip the coin for your luck I guess.

PD code 805D
03-24-2005, 12:17 PM
i love it when people take sides with the company... it's almost like they are getting paid to say shit.

I called sprayglo this morning to see about getting their mess ups fixed and the first words outta his mouth were "matt it'll be done by monday and you can come in and discuss the price for fixing it"

HAHA funny shit.... I dont think im about to pay for their mistakes seeing as of how i8 have about 3 copies of every payment i made with them and they have a 5yr warranty on my car.

Hmmmm i think i rather take my chances in court.

I definately DO NOT RECCOMEND SPRAY GLO in duluth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Customer service is great until they got your money.

I say this for a couple reasons by the way "ADMIN"

1.you can see primer spots (they wanna charge to fix)
2.Molding on sideskirts looks like shit.(ed said they dont completly mold skirts?)
3.Some parts arent even painted(they wanna charge to fix)
4.customer service for me sucked(they only want in and out business,shirleen is the worst)
5.Takes too long i waited 1 1/2 months my friend waited 4 (and no its not cause of the process either. They didnt start for that long)
6.paint quality is blotchy
7.Didnt even do everything we agreed on for the price.(didnt flip emblem, paint in gas door, fix all roof dings,
8.wheels have primer on them
9. i spent 2 hours rewiring my doors. they cut my wires???why the hell they did i dont know?
10. had to clean bondo,fiberglass and dust off interior (2 1/2 hours)
11.had to put interior panels together (1hour)
12. some panels in trunk were BROKE!!!!!
13.taillight is cracked
14.another light was hit by sandpaper and is scuffed
15.DIDNT EVEN PRIMER/PREP. MY DOORS tops of doors already have chips just from shutting them.
16.i have green paint on my dash??? wtf....lol i dontknow how this happened looks like overspray?
17.customer service sucked.

Until my car is fixed in ALL THESE AREAS I WILL CONTINUE TO PROTEST!

by-the-way "ADMIN"

when did you get your car painted what was it? what was done ? How much did you spend? Did you have these problems and if you did were you ok with it?
Who paid for you paint, Mommy and Daddy?
No flaming but if you didnt get your car done there i dont want to be shot down by you.

I feel taken advatage of b/c i paid for my paint ahead of time on my own and everything.My dad didnt pay for anything and my mom sure as hell didnt!

yes i made payments but only b/c i am 19 and have a lot of stuff i want to buy. I did nhis so EVERYTIME i had money i gave it to them.

uncle_el
03-24-2005, 05:36 PM
yes i made payments but only b/c i am 19 and have a lot of stuff i want to buy. I did nhis so EVERYTIME i had money i gave it to them.

1. everyone who has responded with a personal account of sprayglo are older than you.

2. even if mommy and daddy did pay for a paint job, it doesn't change the work that sprayglo did.

3. you're writing about all of these complaints, which is your right to which you are entitled, but there aren't any pics to show subjective proof of your claims. for you to sway anyone here, and for you to prove your claim in court, you're going to need some pictures.

4. if you plan on going to court, which of course is your right, you may have a hard time persuading a judge to grant you a judgement, seeing as the defendant, sprayglo, has attempted to reconcile the problem by a meeting of the minds, and you've refused it. your best bet would be to meet with them, and see if in fact there is no price to fix everything. if not happy at that meeting, then go to court. that route establishes a better pattern of behavior.

PD code 805D
03-24-2005, 07:05 PM
i have pictures. If you really want to see them i will send them to you.

If it hurts your feelings that bad that i am pissed about their work on my car then well call a counselor cause im not going to stop until MY SHIT IS FIXED!!

Dont bother posting your nonesense please. If i could i would lock the post.

Im handling it now.

Ed is fixing the paint only...not getting me the light he cracked. and other damages, but thats what i get.

Ill pick it up monday.

dp32185
03-24-2005, 08:25 PM
it's really not my business to post in your thread since i've never dealt with sprayglo, but bad mouthing is the last step you want to take. Keep things polite bro...believe it or not, if you can back up everything you're claiming with pictures and proof of their attempt to repair and so on...you'll come out with more than enough to repaint your car + heavy pocket...

keep it polite...take all your records and evidence and take it to the court. This is NOT a misdemenor (sp?) so try to find an attorney to take care of this...I would easily take this case if I was an attorney...

your loss:
car, parts, time, mental stress/frustration and all the BS attorneys like to BS about = $$$$$. The fact that SprayGlo is a corporate/franchise makes things a lot better.

Good luck!~

PD code 805D
03-24-2005, 10:30 PM
ill see what my car looks like in the end....

4dmin
03-24-2005, 11:58 PM
by-the-way "ADMIN"

when did you get your car painted what was it? what was done ? How much did you spend? Did you have these problems and if you did were you ok with it?
Who paid for you paint, Mommy and Daddy?
No flaming but if you didnt get your car done there i dont want to be shot down by you.
i got my car painted there 2x in the last year and my car has way more extensive body work than yours, and i spent less. was there flaws of course unless your spending 5000-10000$ on paint don't expect perfect, i've been in this long enough to know that. Mommy/Daddy? you have to be fucking kidding me right... obviously you live at home w/ mommy/daddy. :rolleyes:

PD code 805D
03-25-2005, 10:49 AM
conversation on this topic is over......

Just take my recommendation, until i get my car back from them.......

PD code 805D
03-31-2005, 03:56 PM
2nd time back wanna know the info???

Well i got my car yesterday.

For some odd reason my trunk doesnt have a shine to it it looks like blotchy where the clear coat wasnt put on right or something.
The driver door scrubs the fender for some reason? The paint is coming off the edge of the door.

I placed sprayglo decals on front window and rear. Not the full logo but the sprayglo part i dont like the rainbow thing.
Ed and shirleen are working a lot better with me now he said he would fix it again. But Im getting tired of the hassle this will be the 3rd time they are fixing mistakes. Ed ordered me a new tailight and it should be in soon. I am going to take it back probly in a week b/c i have some shit to handle right now with my license. 3rd time is a charm but i am trusting them a lot more now

AtifSajid
04-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Wow...

Hey I got a question for you adarkexit. Did you drop the car off there and that was it. Waitied until they called you to come pick it up and you went there and picked it up?

Im saying this because they painted my Prelude. I went there while the prep work was going on, went there on Saturday one time, even though there not open, and got to see my car being worked on. Told the to take there time and make sure it looks right.
I got molding done, and completely repainted a different color. No problems at all.

Especially with Shirleen...I dont know how you approached her with the money or your personality, but I was nice as anything to her and Ed, just because thats me, and I never had any problem with Shirleen...hmmm...and I've taken $100 buck jobs to whatever $$ jobs to them.

Dave
04-05-2005, 02:50 PM
ED and Shirleen are great at communicating with the customer and very, very flexible. i have had a couple of my cars painted there and have had no complains. i'm not saying their work is perfect, but i came in the shop everyday to see the progress and to make sure things were done right and they had no problem in fact they were pleased to see me there. One something went wrong i always talked to them and compromised on how it could be fixed even if i had to pay some extra $$ for it. and like the other guy said... you must bring the whole mommy and daddy thing up b/c you probably still live at home with them.