PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Custom Paint Jobs

JC
07-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Just out of curiosity. Every body who has a custom paint job on your show car, or any other car as that goes. Did you apply for a title change to officially change the color of your car on your title or not even worry about it? Just cusious.

As some people may know, the Eclipse used to be white but is now completely Liquid Silver. Just trying to decide weather I should apply for a new title with the color change. Thanks ya'll.

dfire9
07-21-2005, 04:25 PM
Nope I have never done it.

4dmin
07-21-2005, 10:21 PM
i wouldn't worry about it, waste of time and money...

Nittanys1
07-21-2005, 10:23 PM
i didn't do it either....anyone tell their insurance company?

SwiftGTiRacer
07-22-2005, 01:41 AM
i've never worried about it. I did tell the insurance company though. That was a must!

Swifty

NevrNufTorq
07-27-2005, 04:29 PM
no reason to do it, unless you just want it that way. anytime they look up the vin on a search or at a dealership it's going to show the original color so why worry about it. just my two cents.

Batman
07-27-2005, 08:18 PM
Your vin bumber will always tell the color code of your car.
If you do get in a wreck its just paint, the price of repainting the car will still be the same.
Unless you have some flame crap on it, but if its full covered they do cover everything.
For example, before i bought the 350z i had a camaro, and 1st time i got in a wreck i let them paint it yellow instead of original color which was white. The 2nd wreck i had, they paid for the paintjob again with no q's asked and i picked a different color again.

Eli
07-27-2005, 09:01 PM
Well its probably not worth it...

My moms Titan is black- I got pulled over in it when we first bought it, I was driving it cause I had sold the civic and hadnt bought my Jeep yet, anyways, police man came back and said the truck was registered as white. Stupid DMV isnt worth wasting the time and effort.