PDA

View Full Version : Car will not turn over, help=money

TheProfiteer
10-05-2007, 03:04 PM
I am so frustrated.

Here is the situation, I have three starters, I got all three of these starters tested at autozone every single one tested good.

I have a fully charged and good battery, I tested it also.

But for some reason my car will not turn over, all it does is click realy fast.

click click click click click click click.

I checked all my grounds and I checked all my fuses, I cannot find anything out of the ordinary, I also checked my battery terminals, and they are good and tight with no corrision.

if some one can help me out with this before 6pm I give you 20 bucks.

its a single cam civic.

drmcivicsi
10-05-2007, 03:35 PM
nvm

speedminded
10-05-2007, 03:50 PM
I am so frustrated.

Here is the situation, I have three starters, I got all three of these starters tested at autozone every single one tested good.

I have a fully charged and good battery, I tested it also.

But for some reason my car will not turn over, all it does is click realy fast.

click click click click click click click.

I checked all my grounds and I checked all my fuses, I cannot find anything out of the ordinary, I also checked my battery terminals, and they are good and tight with no corrision.

if some one can help me out with this before 6pm I give you 20 bucks.

its a single cam civic.Take jumper cables on another car and put them straight to the starter...

You need to test the output of the battery and alternator...should be 13.3+ volts.

drmcivicsi
10-05-2007, 03:55 PM
or u can just do a wire from the batty to the starter =) ^^^

Vteckidd
10-05-2007, 03:59 PM
do what speedminded said or run a wire from the battery STR8 to the starter.

if that doesnt work, god help you.

jk

if its a 5 speed try popping the clutch with a rolling start. if that works you have a lose connection or a ****ED up flywheel

TheProfiteer
10-05-2007, 04:18 PM
how do I go about finding a loose connection? cause I drive the car around but I always have to roll start it.

speedminded
10-05-2007, 04:24 PM
do what speedminded said or run a wire from the battery STR8 to the starter.

if that doesnt work, god help you.

jk

if its a 5 speed try popping the clutch with a rolling start. if that works you have a lose connection or a ****ED up flywheelIf it's clicking at all then there's obviously power getting to it so most likely not a bad wire, most likely the starter is getting less than 10-11 volts...

Vteckidd
10-05-2007, 04:42 PM
If it's clicking at all then there's obviously power getting to it so most likely not a bad wire, most likely the starter is getting less than 10-11 volts...
ive seen cars that CLICKED, and it was from a bad clip on the starter

(it was my car so thats how i know ) :)

cactusEG
10-05-2007, 05:01 PM
timing belt ?

Jigoku Z
10-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Get a test light or a volt meter... Have someone turning the key over and see how many volts is getting to the starter... or note if the test light is dim or bright... What year is your civic... maybe I can get a wiring chart for you...

VTECxRoCKz
10-05-2007, 05:19 PM
main relay maybe goin bad

blackshine007
10-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Get a test light or a volt meter... Have someone turning the key over and see how many volts is getting to the starter... or note if the test light is dim or bright... What year is your civic... maybe I can get a wiring chart for you...
Of all the answers, I think yours is more pointed in the right direction. Jumping the starter is also a good sugestion. I think the big problem might be an internally corroded wire. I would initially test the battery voltage, and then check to see how much voltage is at the starter. There should be no more than a .2-.3 voltage drop between the starter and the battery. A test light won't do a damn thing but see if there's voltage. After you've performed the test, Double check all of your grounds to make sure they're plugged in. If they are, Check the ignition switch. This is when you'd wanna use the test light. You wanna make sure that there's voltage in the run position as well as voltage in the cranking position. I'd wiggle the ignition switch to while testing it to be on the safe side. I hope you find the problem

TheProfiteer
10-05-2007, 05:54 PM
timing belt ?

are you kidding me?

Cactus come on?

for real?

:thinking:

TheProfiteer
10-05-2007, 05:55 PM
it was ground, I added one more ground wire and problem solved.

lol

TheProfiteer
10-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Oh and Cactus for your sake, dog it was the water pump, lol that sh!t just wasnt getting enough resistance.

EmminoDaGreat
10-05-2007, 07:58 PM
told you it was a ground.

TheProfiteer
10-05-2007, 08:53 PM
yeah man, but I dont know why, I mean I had all the proper ground wires hooked up, why do you think this was the case?

JDM onlyy
10-06-2007, 04:29 AM
yeah man, but I dont know why, I mean I had all the proper ground wires hooked up, why do you think this was the case?

I had the same problem and my ground on my thermostat wasn't on all the way...I was gonna tell you that but you already figured it out. Lol

RBS
10-06-2007, 06:41 AM
it has been proven, grounds do matter lol

JDM onlyy
10-06-2007, 02:08 PM
it has been proven, grounds do matter lol

Yeah, you're dumbass forgot to tighten everything and then I couldn't start and other random **** happened....:2up:

RBS
10-06-2007, 02:21 PM
oh well lol