PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods dumb question.valve clearence w/ crower

btldzc
10-05-2007, 10:37 AM
i pretty sure i know the answer..

i just put crower stage two cams in w/ supertech valve springs and retainers..it wont idel at all..but it will rev all way the to 9 grand... i havnt adjusted the valves yet..it should idle after i adjust the valves..whats the valve clearences for a gsr?

Vuongy_Dong
10-05-2007, 03:08 PM
if your valves clearance are off a little, it should still idle. clearance is .007 IN and .008 for exhaust. I ran .006 IN and .007 exhaust on my boosted gsr.

AnthonyF
10-05-2007, 05:29 PM
i pretty sure i know the answer..

i just put crower stage two cams in w/ supertech valve springs and retainers..it wont idel at all..but it will rev all way the to 9 grand... i havnt adjusted the valves yet..it should idle after i adjust the valves..whats the valve clearences for a gsr?

so....before asking any questions or doing any diagnostic work to the car...you decided to rev it to 9k rpm? hmmm that sounds logical.

drmcivicsi
10-05-2007, 05:49 PM
so....before asking any questions or doing any diagnostic work to the car...you decided to rev it to 9k rpm? hmmm that sounds logical.

for once your dumb ass said something right

AnthonyF
10-05-2007, 05:51 PM
for once your dumb ass said something right

lol. i just like to fùck around on here. but i'm kinda in the mood for seriousness lately.

btldzc
10-05-2007, 06:23 PM

whats not logical about it? Just because it wont idle I cant rev it to 9k? Whats the big deal? Let me know what was not logical about what I did? I was trying to point out that it runs correctly. It just wont idle.

btldzc
10-05-2007, 06:26 PM
if your valves clearance are off a little, it should still idle. clearance is .007 IN and .008 for exhaust. I ran .006 IN and .007 exhaust on my boosted gsr.

I was thinking maybe the valves springs are to tight and will not let the valves open sufficintly for idleing. There car is running fine after about 2 grand. I can drive it around just wont stay on at a red light. It will lope then die.

jbhondatech
10-05-2007, 06:51 PM
more than likely the car needs to be leaned out at idle much like the Skunk2 pro1's
and if this is the case then it is safe to say that your A/F's are off in other areas making it very irresponsible to go into vtec not to mention reving to 9k.

btldzc
10-05-2007, 07:15 PM
AHHH..okay...what if the valves didnt seat properly.

AnthonyF
10-05-2007, 07:31 PM
^^^ PM mr kidd

scttydb411
10-05-2007, 11:09 PM
valves should always be adj after installing cams, but your problem is it's not tuned for those cams.

SL65AMG
10-06-2007, 10:54 AM
whats not logical about it? Just because it wont idle I cant rev it to 9k? Whats the big deal? Let me know what was not logical about what I did? I was trying to point out that it runs correctly. It just wont idle.

it doesnt run correctly if it doesnt idle....

all-mota
10-06-2007, 11:00 AM
check your cam timing the valve lash isn't going to make your car not idle. those cams idle just like stock because the primaries are like a stock gsr or type r so it shouldn't need to be leaned out that much if any when they should be pulling around the same amount of vacume at idle. so i would go back and check your work just to make sure everything is right

btldzc
10-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Im going to re check the cam timing..it may be wrong

Tech5
10-06-2007, 06:30 PM
nothing is going to work but If you get it TUNED what does these NOOBS think when they do **** like this, that its going to run bad ass, with out getting it tuned, YOUR ECU is not knowing what to do an your A/F is well the hell off , Call scotty an get it tuned Problem FIXED hope this helps

btldzc
10-08-2007, 07:40 AM
nothing is going to work but If you get it TUNED what does these NOOBS think when they do **** like this, that its going to run bad ass, with out getting it tuned, YOUR ECU is not knowing what to do an your A/F is well the hell off , Call scotty an get it tuned Problem FIXED hope this helps

whos a noob?