PDA

View Full Version : Pics from the October Meet @ AutoFAB

HiRide
10-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Special Thanks to Mike for getting these great shots!
http://ml-works.com/uploads/autofab/IMG_7314.jpg

http://ml-works.com/uploads/autofab/

http://ml-works.com/uploads/shawnm3/

mattprzy
10-05-2007, 01:17 AM
I forogt about this meet. It's the first wednesday of each month? I would have come out at least to say hi. Where's the corvette?!

live~sideway
10-05-2007, 09:47 AM
man the wine colored bimmer on the right end sure is sick damn i wonder who owns that beauty??

HiRide
10-05-2007, 11:00 PM
man the wine colored bimmer on the right end sure is
sick damn i wonder who owns that beauty??

That is a client's vehicle that was built from the ground up for drifting!

Completely gutted including all sound deadening with a fully built Turbo M20 motor, full suspension, 10 point cage(i think, maybe more), standalone EMS, 5spd conversion, big brake kit designed to fit under 15's for drifting.

The car took 3 months to build, I believe, and the paint is custom, based off of the burgundy e36 color.

We can build you one too, but be ready to spend the money. I cant release the price of that particular car or the exact parts used, but I can say it was not cheap at all.

You will see that car at most local drift events.

Also, the blue e36 M3 next to me is making 480RWHP with 10.5 AFR's and almost no timing adjustment since a coupler blew during tuning. expected power with a proper tune is 550RWHP @ 18psi. Then the boost will be turned up to 25-28psi...:D I would estimate 650RWHP on pump and 800RWHP on race fuel at full boost.

the motor was also completely built by AutoFAB and the car WILL keep the A/C!

live~sideway
10-06-2007, 12:59 PM
That is a client's vehicle that was built from the ground up for drifting!

Completely gutted including all sound deadening with a fully built Turbo M20 motor, full suspension, 10 point cage(i think, maybe more), standalone EMS, 5spd conversion, big brake kit designed to fit under 15's for drifting.

The car took 3 months to build, I believe, and the paint is custom, based off of the burgundy e36 color.

We can build you one too, but be ready to spend the money. I cant release the price of that particular car or the exact parts used, but I can say it was not cheap at all.

You will see that car at most local drift events.

Also, the blue e36 M3 next to me is making 480RWHP with 10.5 AFR's and almost no timing adjustment since a coupler blew during tuning. expected power with a proper tune is 550RWHP @ 18psi. Then the boost will be turned up to 25-28psi...:D I would estimate 650RWHP on pump and 800RWHP on race fuel at full boost.

the motor was also completely built by AutoFAB and the car WILL keep the A/C!
ha yeah i know its my car im the drifter:D.the cars banging i cant wait to get it back once it has the tune so i can hit it hard ive been taking it easy so i didnt break anything. it was a great job a clean job and its powerful for 3 months. cant wait to drive it again especially with the extra power and the 293 . as for the price ill put it like this its like buying a new car.

DinanM3atl
10-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Hahahah

Even I know that was his car :)

Maybe I will come next month. I hope to have my cage, seats, harness, new race splitter and LTW wing by that time :)

HiRide
10-07-2007, 09:41 PM
haha, no sh*t!!!

I want that e30 drift car sooo bad!!! I cant wait to see it with the new tune!

You need to let us know the next time your competing!

live~sideway
10-08-2007, 09:27 AM
haha, no sh*t!!!

I want that e30 drift car sooo bad!!! I cant wait to see it with the new tune!

You need to let us know the next time your competing!

when the cars ready if there is one but i think were done for the season. but i try my best to drive back up there for every event.

HiRide
10-13-2007, 02:03 PM
yeah, the car runs great... once it gets completely tuned it will be a monster. the guys next door just finished the turbo e30 convertable and got some great numbers out of it. I dont know if you are running the same turbo, but i think you will be really happy with the power.

And then your car is going into S3 Magazine!!!

live~sideway
10-14-2007, 12:13 PM
yeah, the car runs great... once it gets completely tuned it will be a monster. the guys next door just finished the turbo e30 convertable and got some great numbers out of it. I dont know if you are running the same turbo, but i think you will be really happy with the power.

And then your car is going into S3 Magazine!!!

yeah then hopefully somebody will see the car and be like damn thats a nice car i wanna put my name all over it and give this kid billions of dollars to drift on.

seksehowy
10-15-2007, 12:55 AM
yeah then hopefully somebody will see the car and be like damn thats a nice car i wanna put my name all over it and give this kid billions of dollars to drift on.

no wes, no. :P

oh hm....i blew my turbo at blackhill this weekend, and nhan blew his radiator. we run our car hard that day, too bad u couldnt make it this time :(. sammy was there with his r32 too fun day, horrible outcome :\

live~sideway
10-15-2007, 10:43 PM
oh yeah well i would have blown a rod straight through the block so:tongue1: and i would have kept going because bimmers can do that cause there german and run on schnitzle and sour kraut so HA!

but yeah dude i wish i coulda been there youll have to come soon when i get my car back. well get you another turbo. does nahn need a radiator because sr parts a plentiful here in orlando?

chituntang
10-27-2007, 11:59 PM
Nice. One day, I tell you, one day, I will own a 1997 M3.

live~sideway
10-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Nice. One day, I tell you, one day, I will own a 1997 M3.

why a 97?

HiRide
11-01-2007, 02:41 AM
So I am sure you know the tuning is done... but I wanted to post this up...

The drift car put down 335 RWTQ and 286 RWHP @ 14psi ....

Yeah, even with the super tall gears... this is an 11 second car now.

lucky bastard...:D

DinanM3atl
11-01-2007, 09:51 AM
11 sec? I would say low to mid 12s I think based on weight and power. It is possible. I could be wrong but that is my guess.

I'd like to see that ;)

When is the next meet thing? First Wed of the month? That will be gay because I won't have my M3 by then hehe

live~sideway
11-01-2007, 07:42 PM
11 sec? I would say low to mid 12s I think based on weight and power. It is possible. I could be wrong but that is my guess.

I'd like to see that ;)

When is the next meet thing? First Wed of the month? That will be gay because I won't have my M3 by then hehe

the question is what can i run its wether i can get traction with 335 rwtq in a gutted e30?

DinanM3atl
11-01-2007, 09:42 PM
i said it is possible...

who cares though...

drag racing is down with NASCAR in terms of driving sports :)

HiRide
11-06-2007, 03:25 AM
I think that car weighs at or less than 2000lbs... the only thing that could possibly slow it down would be the super tall gearing in the diff and traction.

other than that, that is damn near or already is an 11 sec car... high 11's but 11's none the less.

DinanM3atl
11-06-2007, 02:26 PM
I want to see it. Not trying to be mean but I doubt 700-800lbs was lost(and a cage was added) and the e30 simply does not launch well. With some major sticky drag slicks you could get a "decent" launch but they are rare. Good Luck. Get a vid and prove me wrong. Would love to see it!

I love BMWs and definitely e30s ;) I don't agree with the "drift car" but would love to see an 11 sec pass.

live~sideway
11-07-2007, 09:34 AM
I want to see it. Not trying to be mean but I doubt 700-800lbs was lost(and a cage was added) and the e30 simply does not launch well. With some major sticky drag slicks you could get a "decent" launch but they are rare. Good Luck. Get a vid and prove me wrong. Would love to see it!

I love BMWs and definitely e30s ;) I don't agree with the "drift car" but would love to see an 11 sec pass.

im know nhra is like nascar to me to but its still a good way to compare you car to another.

so you dont like drag or drift i guess your all autox or road racing?

but yeah when i get it back im gonna take it down the track and see if i can get into 11's.

DinanM3atl
11-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Say no to parking lot racing!!!! I don't like Drag Racing because it is boring. I don't like drifting because it is the slowest way around a track. It does take skill but the only time I drift is if I get on the power too soon coming out of a corner :)

Road Course or nothing!!!

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l227/mdywglr4x4/July%2007%20HPDE/PEACHTREEBMWJuly7-82007DL-25123.jpg

live~sideway
11-08-2007, 07:07 PM
nice im am with you on the road racing which i want to do but have never had the chance to do. but i bet to differ theres to kinds of drifting show drifting and the real thing. you may know this already but drifting was thought up by the crafty japanese to get down the mountain as fast as possible.

DinanM3atl
11-09-2007, 02:28 PM
nice im am with you on the road racing which i want to do but have never had the chance to do. but i bet to differ theres to kinds of drifting show drifting and the real thing. you may know this already but drifting was thought up by the crafty japanese to get down the mountain as fast as possible.

I know what you are talking about a slight "power slide/drift" coming out of a corner means you may have over cooked the corner ever so slightly but you maintain your speed by a controlled drift.

However if you stick the corner perfectly you will be faster ;)

Not arguing just saying... You don't see a lot of race cars drifting around the track because it is not faster.

live~sideway
11-13-2007, 09:09 PM
I know what you are talking about a slight "power slide/drift" coming out of a corner means you may have over cooked the corner ever so slightly but you maintain your speed by a controlled drift.

However if you stick the corner perfectly you will be faster ;)

Not arguing just saying... You don't see a lot of race cars drifting around the track because it is not faster.

on this our opinions will always differ

speedminded
11-14-2007, 04:16 PM
on this our opinions will always differUnless you're talking about flat track racing motorcycles or dirt circle track then drifting is NOT the fastest way around a turn, NO questions asked...every professional drifter and road race driver will tell you this.

If the rear is slipping out coming out of a turn then that only means your tires are spinnning, if your tires are spinning then YOU ARE losing precious milliseconds. Does a 0.10-0.20 of a second sound like much? Add up that 0.10 for each turn on a road course then multiply it by the number of laps...that adds up QUICK.

Drifting is for style, other than learning your car and being familiar with it and being capable of controlling it there is no function to it. Is it a competition? Yes. Is it the fastest way around a road course? No.

live~sideway
11-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Unless you're talking about flat track racing motorcycles or dirt circle track then drifting is NOT the fastest way around a turn, NO questions asked...every professional drifter and road race driver will tell you this.

If the rear is slipping out coming out of a turn then that only means your tires are spinnning, if your tires are spinning then YOU ARE losing precious milliseconds. Does a 0.10-0.20 of a second sound like much? Add up that 0.10 for each turn on a road course then multiply it by the number of laps...that adds up QUICK.

Drifting is for style, other than learning your car and being familiar with it and being capable of controlling it there is no function to it. Is it a competition? Yes. Is it the fastest way around a road course? No.

im sorry but your fighting a uphill battle there is no convincing me i see it as in drift you enter the turn faster that you would if you were gripping so what you man lose from tires spin is made up for in speed.

speedminded
11-15-2007, 12:51 AM
im sorry but your fighting a uphill battle there is no convincing me i see it as in drift you enter the turn faster that you would if you were gripping so what you man lose from tires spin is made up for in speed.Why should I care to convince you, you know nothing about road racing and you're just getting into drifting so what may make sense in your head is not at all what goes on out on the track :2cents:

DinanM3atl
11-15-2007, 04:16 PM
im sorry but your fighting a uphill battle there is no convincing me i see it as in drift you enter the turn faster that you would if you were gripping so what you man lose from tires spin is made up for in speed.

If you enter fast and start drifting or sliding it means you "over cooked" the corner. Ask Thomas... He helped built the car the fastest way around Road Atlanta... it is with GRIP not sliding. If you are sliding out of a corner you are losing time while I am accelerating out of a corner.

Sometimes it happens and you get a small slide coming out of a corner and that is no big deal but you certainly would have been faster if you stuck it. Do you see F1 drifting all over the place? Does Nascar drift all around the track? Does DTM or BTCC drift corners? No they don't. Because they would lose time. You can use a drift to "maintain control" if you messed up a corner but they are not trying to drift I can assure you of that.

I am not taking anything away from drifting. I can do it but I am certainly not an expert. Last time at Road Atlanta I drifting up the hill out of 10b. I lost time too and speed into the front straight because of it. We aren't trying to argue just letting you know the facts.

live~sideway
11-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Why should I care to convince you, you know nothing about road racing and you're just getting into drifting so what may make sense in your head is not at all what goes on out on the track :2cents:

dude theres no reason for you to get all defensive and insult my knowledge im just trying to have a good debate. just so you know im not just getting into drifting ive been into it for awhile but i never had a good car to do it with. all i had was a completely stock e30 vert with a blown shock or 2.

live~sideway
11-16-2007, 07:09 PM
If you enter fast and start drifting or sliding it means you "over cooked" the corner. Ask Thomas... He helped built the car the fastest way around Road Atlanta... it is with GRIP not sliding. If you are sliding out of a corner you are losing time while I am accelerating out of a corner.

Sometimes it happens and you get a small slide coming out of a corner and that is no big deal but you certainly would have been faster if you stuck it. Do you see F1 drifting all over the place? Does Nascar drift all around the track? Does DTM or BTCC drift corners? No they don't. Because they would lose time. You can use a drift to "maintain control" if you messed up a corner but they are not trying to drift I can assure you of that.

I am not taking anything away from drifting. I can do it but I am certainly not an expert. Last time at Road Atlanta I drifting up the hill out of 10b. I lost time too and speed into the front straight because of it. We aren't trying to argue just letting you know the facts.

i realize this and im with you partially. i believe a mess of drift and grip are the best bet to be honest with you. i think there are some corners that you could make better times gripping and some corners where drift is best.

speedminded
11-17-2007, 12:56 AM
dude theres no reason for you to get all defensive and insult my knowledge im just trying to have a good debate. just so you know im not just getting into drifting ive been into it for awhile but i never had a good car to do it with. all i had was a completely stock e30 vert with a blown shock or 2.Fine, don't believe me :tongue: Why don't you call any of the several local professional drifters and ask them what the fastest way around a road course is? Drifting if for style, there is not reasonable function in it. If it was even a millisecond faster at any time then don't you think it would be common practice in F1, ALMS, NASCAR, etc?

oh yeah, your new car is stupid fast :goodjob:

DinanM3atl
11-17-2007, 01:03 AM
i couldn't post again... was making my head hurt hehehe

live~sideway
11-17-2007, 10:08 AM
i know i told you guys theres no changing my mind outside of seeing a test between
2 drivers of equal skill in both sports. its ok dont have a heart attack when you guys see me on tv in a few years for out running some f1 driver using drifting:D;).

HiRide
11-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Oh dude, the fastest way around a track is grip... yeah. Drifting seems quicker I know, but the best lap times are ones with the least amount of sliding.