PDA

View Full Version : Over 5K rpm's stalling and sputtering

KREEP
10-04-2007, 04:40 PM
:???: I just put a new exhaust on w/ a staright pipe and need to put a sleeve on the o2 bung to clear the code. But the car is a 2000 gsr and when it goes over 5000rpm it sputters and stalls. Like a rev limiter with out the sputtering. I am just confused and do not want to take it to the local import shop cause last time I had a problem they said they fixed it and never did. Charged me 400 bux for nothing. If anyone can help me out or knows lots about honda's let me know...or if anyone has had this problem and is it the o2 sensor causing all the problems???? I have had the o2 like it is for a while and it just started yesterday doing this problem. Help...:(

speedminded
10-04-2007, 05:27 PM
:???: I just put a new exhaust on w/ a staright pipe and need to put a sleeve on the o2 bung to clear the code. But the car is a 2000 gsr and when it goes over 5000rpm it sputters and stalls. Like a rev limiter with out the sputtering. I am just confused and do not want to take it to the local import shop cause last time I had a problem they said they fixed it and never did. Charged me 400 bux for nothing. If anyone can help me out or knows lots about honda's let me know...or if anyone has had this problem and is it the o2 sensor causing all the problems???? I have had the o2 like it is for a while and it just started yesterday doing this problem. Help...:(isn't the low load VTEC engagement point around 5k?

JDM onlyy
10-04-2007, 06:04 PM
:???: I just put a new exhaust on w/ a staright pipe and need to put a sleeve on the o2 bung to clear the code. But the car is a 2000 gsr and when it goes over 5000rpm it sputters and stalls. Like a rev limiter with out the sputtering. I am just confused and do not want to take it to the local import shop cause last time I had a problem they said they fixed it and never did. Charged me 400 bux for nothing. If anyone can help me out or knows lots about honda's let me know...or if anyone has had this problem and is it the o2 sensor causing all the problems???? I have had the o2 like it is for a while and it just started yesterday doing this problem. Help...:(

Try changing dizzys, could be your dizzy going bad..happen to my friend too. Do you have any CEL's besides the o2 one?

KREEP
10-04-2007, 09:01 PM
wtf is a dizzy? I am new to all the V tak talk. :)

GSRtegŪ
10-04-2007, 09:12 PM
wtf is a dizzy? I am new to all the V tak talk. :)

distributor= dizzy. :yes: :bump:

Brian*
10-04-2007, 10:15 PM
lol /\ man speaks the truth, and the check engine light is on?? my 95 civic had a B16 with almost the same prob and it was the fuel pump... wish I could help you out more bro!!