PDA

View Full Version : motor mounts VS inserts

JDMJAYDC2
10-04-2007, 02:33 PM
im looking for some mounts for my car and want to know what if i should get mounts or just the inserts the car is a dc integra and a b series is going in it.

RBS
10-04-2007, 02:39 PM
mount inserts are way cheaper and make your stock mounts stronger, aftermarket mounts are made stronger and specifcally designed for whatever they say their made for

madking411
10-04-2007, 02:51 PM
sooo....

inserts = goood.....

mounts = GREAT! if you need some specificness and function added along with the extra strength...

JDMJAYDC2
10-04-2007, 03:03 PM
ok so i could just buy the inserts then? it has a ls in it now but im putting a new ls in it later so nothing fancy

RBS
10-04-2007, 03:35 PM
well personally i say use stock integra mounts as they are cheaper, easier to find, and easier to source n get when you break one . . unless you want to spend the extra money for the almighty aftermarket mounts

JDM onlyy
10-05-2007, 02:35 PM
ok so i could just buy the inserts then? it has a ls in it now but im putting a new ls in it later so nothing fancy

Well, you can get stronger mounts that gets your power to the ground more because the stock mounts rock too much....It all depends on what you want. If you like feeling your engine idle and whole car rock but get power to the grounds then get the mounts... :goodjob:

JDMJAYDC2
10-05-2007, 06:39 PM
any suggestions on who to use such as a company i was thinking avid racing