PDA

View Full Version : Misc Guess who's just got the first ever Beatles sample?

quickdodgeŽ
10-04-2007, 07:33 AM
As they prepare their first new album of new material since 2001's Iron Flag, the Wu-Tang Clan has just revealed some very big news that is sure to help raise awareness of the forthcoming album -- they've cleared the first ever Beatles sample.

According to Spin, the mystery song, a previously detailed street-wise interpretation of George Harrison's "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," features contributions from Dhani Harrison, son of late Beatle and song author, and Red Hot Chili Pepper axeman John Frusciante.

But in a MySpace blog post, the Wu-Tang give a shout out to not just Dhani Harrison, the Harrison Estate, and the Beatles, but also Erykah Badu, thanking her for "helping bring this song to life!!"

The highly-anticipated forthcoming release, titled 8 Diagrams, was slated to drop on November 13, but a spokesperson for the group that he has been pushed back due to "the magnitude of the sample and the history being made."

8 Diagrams is now slated for release December 4.

LINK!!! (http://www.zshare.net/audio/4000986522cacb/)

Definitely not my thing, but here you go for any Wu fans. Later, QD.

Kevykev
10-04-2007, 07:41 AM
Martha Stewart?

I got 5 on that!

soul
10-04-2007, 09:40 AM
why........... :(

Revmaynard
10-04-2007, 08:20 PM
John Frusciante says in an interview right before Stadium Arcadium he uses similar drum beats to play his guitar off of because he was inspired by a lot of MC's when he was young.

I like the new track, some real chill ****. The song itself is good too, but I like how they laid that ****!

Nomad!
10-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Konichiwa Bi*ches!!!

JITB
10-05-2007, 12:32 PM
good song.. can WU tang save NYC?