PDA

View Full Version : Misc need a nice place to go camping

FCguy
10-03-2007, 10:41 PM
Hey guys. I planned on going camping on cumberland island, ga on the 9-11 but they have closed the island to conduct a hunt to control certain animal populations. Now I have to find another place to go. What I need (in importance order) is: bathrooms, secluded, very short hike in only (>2 miles) if none at all, and a big plus would be somewhere to swim... esp if it is secluded.

Now before you call me a total pansy I have done my fair share of hardcore hiking. This trip is with my girlfriend and we just want to camp and relax. We would like to be alone as much as possible so we dont have to deal with other people... which is why we are going camping. The hard part is to be able to do so AND have easy access to bathrooms. Ive only go one good prospect in helen, GA but any suggestions would be awsome.

THANKS,
FCguy

Blitanicle99
10-04-2007, 12:19 AM
Considering this being a car forum this may not work for you but Murphy NC about 1.5 hours away is quite fun. Theres an big offroading park there (Tellico OHV) and the campsite is right next to it and it is nice. Crawfords is one of the nicest camp sites Ive ever been to, bathrooms showers and if your into offroading you can go play on the rocks or go spectate if you wish also. You will pretty much have to have a truck to get to the spectating spot tho. 2wd is fine for spectating but thats about it. The campsite is pretty chill, prices are good and lots of idiots playing on the rock garden all day.

Deke
10-04-2007, 12:21 AM
Cataloochee Valley, NC. It's beautiful. There's a nice campground with a decent bathroom. It's pretty small (20 something lots) and so not too many people. Me and a group of 10+ guys have taken an annual end of summer trip up there the last few years. And you can drive to it. Or if you want to rough it a little more I know there are a lot of backwoods campsites too. But the Valley as a whole is great. Historic sites scattered around. A lot of good hiking. And there's a nice sized creek that runs through it (and the campground), in which I have swam in multiple times. And not too many people around at all.

http://www.nps.gov/grsm/planyourvisit/cataloochee.htm

Kelly
10-04-2007, 08:22 AM
Blue Ridge- FTW