PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Few specs on New Skyline!!!

YoTa_BoX
10-03-2007, 01:46 PM
engine VR38DETT V6
aspiration Twin Turbocharged
length 4650 mm / 183.1 in
width 2800 mm / 110.2 in
height 1920 mm / 75.6 in

found here http://www.supercars.net/cars/3842.html its not alot but just something i came across!!!

1000cckiller
10-03-2007, 01:48 PM
nice find. i am waiting for nissan to take deposits. i am ready

Elbow
10-03-2007, 05:58 PM
:no:

coolcat
10-03-2007, 06:41 PM
Simon, what's so bad about it? It seems ok to me.

Alan®
10-04-2007, 12:09 AM
they already are taking depostits

Kevykev
10-04-2007, 06:38 AM
I would get the '09 or '10 model if anything!

OneSlow5pt0
10-04-2007, 12:21 PM
y is it on a supercar website?

skylines are not supercars,their barely sports cars

Kevykev
10-04-2007, 12:29 PM

You made 1 false statement

Can you find it?

OneSlow5pt0
10-04-2007, 12:31 PM
You made 1 false statement

Can you find it?

nope,explain

Kevykev
10-04-2007, 12:37 PM

What in God's name is that man!

?

OneSlow5pt0
10-04-2007, 12:41 PM
What in God's name is that man!

?

im sorry,but when i think japanesse sport cars...i dont think skyline,hell 300zx is more sportscar than a skyline...yea yea thier fast,but they dont have wow factor like a RX-7 or Supra,or even a 3000GT

Kevykev
10-04-2007, 12:48 PM
im sorry,but when i think japanesse sport cars...i dont think skyline,hell 300zx is more sportscar than a skyline...yea yea thier fast,but they dont have wow factor like a RX-7 or Supra,or even a 3000GT

Wow, that's clearly your personal opinion. i've honestly never heard someone say that the skyline lacked a "WOW Factor"

Wow! :)

WhiteAccord
10-04-2007, 12:50 PM
So what kind of deposit we looking at here?

OneSlow5pt0
10-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Wow, that's clearly your personal opinion. i've honestly never heard someone say that the skyline lacked a "WOW Factor"

Wow! :)

yea,u should never ask me bout skylines cause im pretty biased against them,i just think get to much cred sometimes as the greast JDM car ever...but i hope u agree that skylines arent supercars,lol;)

ATK_Designs
10-04-2007, 12:52 PM
When will people learn? That's not a Nissan Skyline. That's the Nissan GT-R.

Nissan has give their new model a distinctive name, GT-R, and not using the Skyline Prefix because people often mistook the GT-R as the regular Skyline. The GT-R used to be a special production line of the Nissan Skyline. But since people are often forget and overused the Term Skyline for every GT-R there is. From now on, there won't be any Nissan Skyline GT-R.

It'll be the Nissan Skyline generations = Infiniti G series. And its own Nissan GT-R.

Nissan Skyline 350GT = Infiniti G35
Nissan Skyline 370GT = Infiniti G37

Nissan GT-R = Nissan GT-R

Kevykev
10-04-2007, 01:15 PM
yea,u should never ask me bout skylines cause im pretty biased against them,i just think get to much cred sometimes as the greast JDM car ever...but i hope u agree that skylines arent supercars,lol;)

We do have to agree on the super car statement.

You Soooooo did NOT have to tell me that you had a Bias against Skylines it was as clear as day. :lmfao:

OneSlow5pt0
10-04-2007, 01:18 PM
We do have to agree on the super car statement.

You Soooooo did NOT have to tell me that you had a Bias against Skylines it was as clear as day. :lmfao:

yea,lol...i dont know how u saw through me:rolleyes:

Ran
10-04-2007, 02:00 PM
I agree that past model GT-R's aren't supercars, but considering the hype and advertised performance the new model is supposed to lay down it could break into "supercar" territory. Of course, that all depends on what you consider a "supercar" as opposed to a super car.

I still think the new GT-R is rather uninspiring, primarily due to the C-pillar. I do look forward to seeing what kind of numbers it will put down once on the street though.

man
10-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Meh, it's not super car material, not even close. Speed isn't the only thing that makes a super car, other wise there would be hundreds of Supra "super cars" :lmfao:

OneSlow5pt0
10-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Meh, it's not super car material, not even close. Speed isn't the only thing that makes a super car, other wise there would be hundreds of Supra "super cars" :lmfao:

exactly

cars that come to mind when i think supercar is Mclaren F1 or Jaguar XJ220

the nissan GTR is not on that level,there are very few japanesse cars if any that are on that level

Ran
10-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Meh, it's not super car material, not even close. Speed isn't the only thing that makes a super car, other wise there would be hundreds of Supra "super cars" :lmfao:Please define me a supercar. There's speed, handling, aerodynamics, ect...

The new GT-R is supposed to be pumping out some heavy horses, the suspension tweaked on the Nurburgring(sp?), aerodynamics have been altered to help stabalize the car (note ugly C-Pillar), and the interior is a hell of a lot more attractive than the baby-sh*t colored suede in the new Lambo.

man
10-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Please define me a supercar. There's speed, handling, aerodynamics, ect...

The new GT-R is supposed to be pumping out some heavy horses, the suspension tweaked on the Nurburgring(sp?), aerodynamics have been altered to help stabalize the car (note ugly C-Pillar), and the interior is a hell of a lot more attractive than the baby-sh*t colored suede in the new Lambo.

They do aerodynamics testing on minivans. Losing the look of your C pillars is not a commitment to aero. Designing the car from ground up with aerodynamics in mind is what makes a super car. Suspension tweaking means nothing, any car can have a good suspension, but not every car can have a good chassis, and the GT-R isn't going to be able to even come close to modern super cars at its price. And the interior, you're absolutely insane if you think it looks better than a Lambo. Plus it's not about looks, it's about quality, cheap plastics can look great, but at the end, you're polishing a turd.

Nittanys1
10-04-2007, 05:35 PM

^^

You made 1 false statement (ie. word)

Can you find it?

I found it! :D its "they're" or "they are" not "their"

:lmfao: :goodjob:

man
10-04-2007, 05:37 PM

LOL, I was gonna put that too.

OneSlow5pt0
10-04-2007, 05:38 PM
lol........quit sipping on the haterade

Nittanys1
10-04-2007, 05:39 PM
thats all that is left to drink....i'm out of beer...

man
10-04-2007, 05:41 PM
thats all that is left to drink....i'm out of beer...

I got some Goldschlager...

Nittanys1
10-04-2007, 05:42 PM
damn...

OneSlow5pt0
10-04-2007, 05:42 PM
I got some Goldschlager...

uh oh:yes:

Kevykev
10-04-2007, 08:02 PM
^^

Hahaaa

I decided not to stray from my original intentions

1000cckiller
10-04-2007, 08:08 PM
they already are taking depostitsI checked last week. they said another month

SPOOLIN
10-04-2007, 08:17 PM
that s h i t is ugly.

koukis14
10-04-2007, 09:07 PM
engine VR38DETT V6
aspiration Twin Turbocharged
length 4650 mm / 183.1 in
width 2800 mm / 110.2 in
height 1920 mm / 75.6 in

found here http://www.supercars.net/cars/3842.html its not alot but just something i came across!!!

It does not mention that with a 200 lb driver it will weigh almost 4000 lbs. It's a nice car but jesus how about a little carbon fiber. Look at the ZO6, it will cost the same and has carbon fiber and plastic all over it, not to mention balsa wood.

ATK_Designs
10-04-2007, 09:36 PM
If the Z06 is listed in the Supercars class, then the GT-R has more rights to be in that class. NSX was also ranked among the supercars class.

What the GT-R isn't, is the Exotic.

Power, handling, look, the GT-R has all that comparable to the top exotics. However, it's still not an exotic car.

Most of the time, people often associate supercars as Exotic cars, they're not. They are two different classes. Well, at least to my opinions.

I often compare them, metaphorically, as sport and luxury sport. Just because the car is a sport car, doesn't make it a luxury sport. The same concept applies to supercars and Exotic.

OneSlow5pt0
10-04-2007, 09:41 PM
If the Z06 is listed in the Supercars class, then the GT-R has more rights to be in that class. NSX was also ranked among the supercars class.

What the GT-R isn't, is the Exotic.

Power, handling, look, the GT-R has all that comparable to the top exotics. However, it's still not an exotic car.

Most of the time, people often associate supercars as Exotic cars, they're not. They are two different classes. Well, at least to my opinions.

I often compare them, metaphorically, as sport and luxury sport. Just because the car is a sport car, doesn't make it a luxury sport. The same concept applies to supercars and Exotic.

they put the Z06 as a supercar?:screwy:

IDCoconut
10-04-2007, 09:44 PM
And the interior, you're absolutely insane if you think it looks better than a Lambo. Plus it's not about looks, it's about quality, cheap plastics can look great, but at the end, you're polishing a turd.

Dude I agree with you on some points, but Quality and Lamborghini should not be in the same sentence. Lambos are probably the cheapest peices of **** supercars out of them all that just happens to cost a lot.

A great example of quality is Ferrari.

ATK_Designs
10-04-2007, 10:00 PM
they put the Z06 as a supercar?:screwy:

Not sure about the older model but the new ones are being list in the supercar class. Well, at least to the articles I've been reading. :D

Ran
10-05-2007, 08:51 AM
They do aerodynamics testing on minivans. Losing the look of your C pillars is not a commitment to aero. Designing the car from ground up with aerodynamics in mind is what makes a super car. Suspension tweaking means nothing, any car can have a good suspension, but not every car can have a good chassis, and the GT-R isn't going to be able to even come close to modern super cars at its price.Last I checked, the new GT-R was built from the ground up to challenge the Porsche 911 Turbo and the Carrera GT. Are you saying the GT-R just doesn't have a good chassis? Also, at the price under $100,000 I'd say it's pretty competitive for it's price range.

And the interior, you're absolutely insane if you think it looks better than a Lambo.Lambo has always looked like a Down Syndrome Ferrari built with Legos.

Plus it's not about looks, it's about quality, cheap plastics can look great, but at the end, you're polishing a turd.I don't know about you, but I'd rather have good looking cheap plastic than some hideous material that just happens to cost a lot.

Kevykev
10-05-2007, 09:21 AM
@ 70k I will not be purchasing that

Better **** to do with my dough!

1000cckiller
10-05-2007, 09:25 AM
@ 70k I will not be purchasing that

Better **** to do with my dough!but I will

Kevykev
10-05-2007, 09:41 AM
but I will

70k is right on the borderline of "Damn?Can i afford this / Damn I should buy this ****"

If you buy it, I will have you RAPED!

1000cckiller
10-05-2007, 09:44 AM
70k is right on the borderline of "Damn?Can i afford this / Damn I should buy this ****"

If you buy it, I will have you RAPED!ewww....WTF

Kevykev
10-05-2007, 09:50 AM
ewww....WTF

It'll be by Trymy4.0 so, you know...

but yeah i'm done with the man man talk!

Just know that if you buy it............ :no:

1000cckiller
10-05-2007, 09:58 AM
It'll be by Trymy4.0 so, you know...

but yeah i'm done with the man man talk!

Just know that if you buy it............ :no:uh

BKgen®
10-05-2007, 02:19 PM
personally i'd rather have the RWD Tiburon when it comes out.

but that's just me :D

man
10-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Last I checked, the new GT-R was built from the ground up to challenge the Porsche 911 Turbo and the Carrera GT. Are you saying the GT-R just doesn't have a good chassis? Also, at the price under $100,000 I'd say it's pretty competitive for it's price range.

How can you look at the GT-R and tell me that it was designed to push the limits of what aerodynamics will allow? It isn't even close. The GT-R is still based on the G35, so no it wasn't built from the ground up. Also, it was meant to challenge the Carrera GT, but it isn't even close around the Nurburgring. And yes it did beat the 911 Turbo marginally, but the 911 Turbo is not a super car.

Lambo has always looked like a Down Syndrome Ferrari built with Legos.

I don't really understand how you fail to see the brilliance in Lamboghini's design. Are you really going to try to tell me a Diablo or Murcielago look retarded?

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have good looking cheap plastic than some hideous material that just happens to cost a lot.

Well, the interior colors are customizable. Does this look cheap to you?
http://www.motorauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/Lamborghini/Gallardo/nera_interior.jpg

BKgen®
10-05-2007, 02:47 PM
lambo whore.

(Miura FTW :D)

Ran
10-05-2007, 03:11 PM
How can you look at the GT-R and tell me that it was designed to push the limits of what aerodynamics will allow? It isn't even close. The GT-R is still based on the G35, so no it wasn't built from the ground up. Also, it was meant to challenge the Carrera GT, but it isn't even close around the Nurburgring. And yes it did beat the 911 Turbo marginally, but the 911 Turbo is not a super car.Recent reports have indicated that the car is still undergoing final testing at the Nurburgring before being unveiled at the 2007 Tokyo Motor Show. Spies have reported the test cars as being able to lap the 'Ring somewhere around 7 minutes 35 seconds which is already faster than the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 and the Porsche 911 Turbo, Nissan is reportedly going after the lap record of the Porsche Carrera GT.

^ From Wiki

I don't really understand how you fail to see the brilliance in Lamboghini's design. Are you really going to try to tell me a Diablo or Murcielago look retarded?

Well, the interior colors are customizable. Does this look cheap to you?
http://www.motorauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/Lamborghini/Gallardo/nera_interior.jpgYes, quite easily at that. The cars are ugly as sin. You could give a blind man a bucket of Lincoln Logs and get better looking car designs. I have never been impressed the starship designs of European "supercars".

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137459&highlight=lambo

On the flip side of your comment, I don't see how you can look at that car and not vomit. As my post in that thread states...

It's like they took the Galardo and tried to make it even more hideous than it already was. The exterior design looks like it got to the graph paper stage before then the artist said "f*ck it", and called it a day. The interior is a flamboyantly failed mixture of carbon fiber, leather, and what appears to be baby sh*t smeared on suede. I could piss in a rusty bucket after a vasectomy and it wouldn't look that bad.

It amazes me what the rich will waste their money on.Now what makes you say that the GT-R interior will be "cheap plastic" like a lesser 350Z? This car is a huge step for Nissan and I would believe that the interior would get the same refinement.

Now I'm by no standard a GT-R fanboy. I like the older R32 and that's pretty much about it. I don't praise it's factory performance but I do respect it's heritage and the potential of the car. Now with the new GT-R, I'm not a fan of the styling at all, but I do respect the fact that a common company like Nissan is actually taking a stab at creating a car that is aiming to be competitive in a higher market. The reported performance of the new GT-R also leaves me looking at how it will do in final production form. If the new Vette can be thrown into "supercar" status, then I see no reason why the GT-R can't if it possess the same performance numbers.

81911SC
10-05-2007, 03:22 PM
^ From Wiki
Then they failed.

Ran
10-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Then they failed.The details in your argument are overwhelming. :lmfao:

Come on man, throw me something more that just that. :)

81911SC
10-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Carrera GT>Any skyline, GTR whatever you want to call it ever.

Ran
10-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Carrera GT>Any skyline, GTR whatever you want to call it ever.Guess we'll have to wait and see then.

Of course, I do like the styling of the GT as opposed to most other Porsches. It's European, but not retarded European. :yes:

81911SC
10-05-2007, 03:32 PM
Guess we'll have to wait and see then.

Of course, I do like the styling of the GT as opposed to most other Porsches. It's European, but not retarded European. :yes:
If were talking current Porsche's, then the GT2 o wait, I don't have to say anything.

BKgen®
10-05-2007, 03:39 PM
mclaren f1 still > all

:)

OneSlow5pt0
10-05-2007, 06:33 PM
i love lambos and just bout all european car....that look 10x better than better than Japan and USA cars,gallardo is not a supercarin my eyes either...id call it a exotic sports car,now a Diablo GTR would be a supercar........imo,a supercar has to have more than just speed....and i am very against calling any vette a supercar thats not something like a Callaway,and if u want cheap interior look inside a C6 vette,and u see y these high performance cars cost less than some of thier rivals

YoTa_BoX
10-06-2007, 12:21 AM

well supercars.net started out as just supercars. ppl loved their write ups about the cars that they suggested that they put all lev's of sports cars on the page. It turned out to be a huge hit so they just started putting anything labeled as a sports car on there.

95ludestr
10-08-2007, 02:19 PM
mclaren f1 still > all

:)

agreed :goodjob: