PDA

View Full Version : Fedex?

Benefit
10-03-2007, 08:34 AM
**** fedex...always have a problem with them...

my turbo which got shipped out on friday via 2 day air , the tracking number shows an estimated delivery for oct 4th...

but the update thing shows its on fedex vehicle for delivery from norcross ga...

is it gunna be here so i can :idb:??

Ran
10-03-2007, 08:36 AM
UPS > FedEx

I've NEVER had a good experience with FedEx delivery. I use their store for printing crap all the time though.

Benefit
10-03-2007, 08:42 AM
yea fedex is gay as ****....paid 55$ for 2 day air and its been almost 5 days.

Ran
10-03-2007, 09:51 AM
yea fedex is gay as ****....paid 55$ for 2 day air and its been almost 5 days.That should be guaranteed. Call them and demand a recredit. Either that, or contact the seller and they'll recredit you the shipping.

HundoŽ
10-03-2007, 10:03 AM
That should be guaranteed. Call them and demand a recredit. Either that, or contact the seller and they'll recredit you the shipping.

:yes:

Benefit
10-03-2007, 04:42 PM
ah well , got it in the mail 11 AM...

the box was FUCCED up

Killer
10-03-2007, 04:44 PM
i hate ups as well though... so six of one, half a dozen of the other...

SixSquared
10-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Hahahahahaha I work for FedEx. :P

But seriously, as far as shipping goes, you gotta know the rules inside and out in order for stuff to get shipped properly... it's really not fair to the customer, and whenever I accept packages (I work for FedEx/Kinko's), I always try to tell people as much as I can..

But the basic jist is this:

1- ALWAYS do ground. Seriously. Express is no faster, despite popular belief, except in a few rare instances. The reason for the price difference is you're paying for the overnight feature.. you can't overnight ground packages. BUT, if you're doing express 2 day, ALWAYS have the agent/FedEx ***** check the ground delivery time. We have a thing that pops up on our screen that has estimated deilvery times for all express types and ground. Ground can be faster than express 3 day.

2 - Just because it says GROUND doesn't mean it's put on a truck and driven around. FedEx doesn't have "time" to drive packages all over the place when we own a fleet of planes. Ground packages get tossed on the same packages that express packages do.

3 - Add an extra day for time zone changes. The cutoff for packages is 5 PM. It says 6pm on the signs and stuff, but generally by 6pm, the express guy has already come and gone, and the ground guy is loading up. So, 5pm. Sure your package got picked up in California at 5pm, but pickup is as far as it's gonna go that day, because FedEx SHUTS DOWN at 6pm. Your package will sit on a truck until 8am (California time) the next day. Then it will begin being shipped.. it will be put on a plane probably around 11am or noon and shipped to the east coast hub, which can be in any major east coast city. So it arrives in Knoxville TN (there's a large hub there) and gets scanned in..but guess what.. by that time it's 5pm in knoxville, so it's gonna sit overnight again. The next day, it will get flown from knoxville to Atlanta, and then Atlanta to a local FedEx store, and then locally to you.

And guess what... you paid for that package to be overnighted. And according to FedEx, it WAS overnighted, because it arrived in Knoxville the next day, and they see that as the "destination". Most of the shipping errors don't happen on the long haul shipments.. they happen on the hub to local shipments.. the knoxville store puts it on the wrong truck to North Georgia, or they accidentally put it on the Tampa plane... don't ask me why... hubs just mess up a lot of things.

4 - Seriously, handlers don't give a **** about your package, as is obvious. FedEx offers $100 of package protection automatically. After that, you have to declare a value. Declaring a value is NOT offering shipping insurance. It is just adding some extra paperwork to indicate that whatever is in this box is expensive. Not that the handlers care. Declaring a value on a package adds a pretty penny on to shipping costs, depending on what the value is. I remember I had a guy who shipped 3 antique cello bows to Austria, back to a music conservatory. The three bows were worth $14,000.... a piece... They were all in one package, and the maximum value it let me declare was like $13,000 for the box, so I suggested that he split them up to three seperate packages, telling him that it would cost more, and even though the chances of something happening were relatively low, there is always a risk associated with shipping things. He agreed that the extra cost was worth the protection of each bow being almost fully declared. Before the declared value was added, each package, from Athens to Austria, was $54 a piece. Tappita tappita, add on that each box had a declared value of $13,000.... price JUMPED to $335 A PIECE. He paid it, though. Boxes got to Austria beaten but the bows were intact, as is usually the case.

I dunno if any of you have ever done a claim with FedEx, but it's a pain in the ass. They intentionally make it a pain in the ass to make a claim and make it expensive to declare a value because they honestly don't want you to do it. If it was easy, people would be blaming everything and anything on us. So the computer that you shipped 6 months ago blew the hard drive... well it's surely FedEx's fault because they must have jostled it during the shipping. Protecting our asses by making life difficult for the customer. :goodjob:

5 - The condition of the boxes can't always be blamed directly on package handlers. Due to the millions of things that are shipped on a regular basis, FedEx has, obviously, mechanized the process as much as possible. Problem is that there's no metal that has "grip" on it like a fingertip does. Metal "grips" things by using spikes and pressure. Guess what we use? Yup. Spikes and pressure. I've been in one of the hub centers before... that warehouse looked like a room from Saw. Spinning spiked wheels shot packages through different causeways where they hit a bumper and then dropped into a sorting box.. That's why we always emphasize packing things WELL. Styrofoam, crumpled paper, peanuts... keep whatever is in your package from moving as much as possible. We don't see a box with a $700 turbo in it. We see a box that a machine is dragging to the sorting box. Nothing more. :D

And that process/information isn't just a FedEx thing... UPS, DHL.. all of them have the same issues. It's just a matter of having a lot of packages that have a lot of ground (and water) to cover. The packages cost us more money for every hour they stay in our possession, and everyone wants their packages next day, same day, before this deadline... speed is essential. You want it quickly or you want it to arrive looking brand new and beautiful on the outside? Most people want it quickly, so we go with what most people want.

Mr. Clean
10-03-2007, 06:02 PM
wow ^

TRDwasiq
10-03-2007, 07:37 PM

But seriously, as far as shipping goes, you gotta know the rules inside and out in order for stuff to get shipped properly... it's really not fair to the customer, and whenever I accept packages (I work for FedEx/Kinko's), I always try to tell people as much as I can..

1- ALWAYS do ground. Seriously. Express is no faster, despite popular belief, except in a few rare instances. The reason for the price difference is you're paying for the overnight feature.. you can't overnight ground packages. BUT, if you're doing express 2 day, ALWAYS have the agent/FedEx ***** check the ground delivery time. We have a thing that pops up on our screen that has estimated deilvery times for all express types and ground. Ground can be faster than express 3 day.

2 - Just because it says GROUND doesn't mean it's put on a truck and driven around. FedEx doesn't have "time" to drive packages all over the place when we own a fleet of planes. Ground packages get tossed on the same packages that express packages do.

3 - Add an extra day for time zone changes. The cutoff for packages is 5 PM. It says 6pm on the signs and stuff, but generally by 6pm, the express guy has already come and gone, and the ground guy is loading up. So, 5pm. Sure your package got picked up in California at 5pm, but pickup is as far as it's gonna go that day, because FedEx SHUTS DOWN at 6pm. Your package will sit on a truck until 8am (California time) the next day. Then it will begin being shipped.. it will be put on a plane probably around 11am or noon and shipped to the east coast hub, which can be in any major east coast city. So it arrives in Knoxville TN (there's a large hub there) and gets scanned in..but guess what.. by that time it's 5pm in knoxville, so it's gonna sit overnight again. The next day, it will get flown from knoxville to Atlanta, and then Atlanta to a local FedEx store, and then locally to you.

And guess what... you paid for that package to be overnighted. And according to FedEx, it WAS overnighted, because it arrived in Knoxville the next day, and they see that as the "destination". Most of the shipping errors don't happen on the long haul shipments.. they happen on the hub to local shipments.. the knoxville store puts it on the wrong truck to North Georgia, or they accidentally put it on the Tampa plane... don't ask me why... hubs just mess up a lot of things.

4 - Seriously, handlers don't give a **** about your package, as is obvious. FedEx offers $100 of package protection automatically. After that, you have to declare a value. Declaring a value is NOT offering shipping insurance. It is just adding some extra paperwork to indicate that whatever is in this box is expensive. Not that the handlers care. Declaring a value on a package adds a pretty penny on to shipping costs, depending on what the value is. I remember I had a guy who shipped 3 antique cello bows to Austria, back to a music conservatory. The three bows were worth $14,000.... a piece... They were all in one package, and the maximum value it let me declare was like $13,000 for the box, so I suggested that he split them up to three seperate packages, telling him that it would cost more, and even though the chances of something happening were relatively low, there is always a risk associated with shipping things. He agreed that the extra cost was worth the protection of each bow being almost fully declared. Before the declared value was added, each package, from Athens to Austria, was $54 a piece. Tappita tappita, add on that each box had a declared value of $13,000.... price JUMPED to $335 A PIECE. He paid it, though. Boxes got to Austria beaten but the bows were intact, as is usually the case.

I dunno if any of you have ever done a claim with FedEx, but it's a pain in the ass. They intentionally make it a pain in the ass to make a claim and make it expensive to declare a value because they honestly don't want you to do it. If it was easy, people would be blaming everything and anything on us. So the computer that you shipped 6 months ago blew the hard drive... well it's surely FedEx's fault because they must have jostled it during the shipping. Protecting our asses by making life difficult for the customer. :goodjob:

5 - The condition of the boxes can't always be blamed directly on package handlers. Due to the millions of things that are shipped on a regular basis, FedEx has, obviously, mechanized the process as much as possible. Problem is that there's no metal that has "grip" on it like a fingertip does. Metal "grips" things by using spikes and pressure. Guess what we use? Yup. Spikes and pressure. I've been in one of the hub centers before... that warehouse looked like a room from Saw. Spinning spiked wheels shot packages through different causeways where they hit a bumper and then dropped into a sorting box.. That's why we always emphasize packing things WELL. Styrofoam, crumpled paper, peanuts... keep whatever is in your package from moving as much as possible. We don't see a box with a $700 turbo in it. We see a box that a machine is dragging to the sorting box. Nothing more. :D

And that process/information isn't just a FedEx thing... UPS, DHL.. all of them have the same issues. It's just a matter of having a lot of packages that have a lot of ground (and water) to cover. The packages cost us more money for every hour they stay in our possession, and everyone wants their packages next day, same day, before this deadline... speed is essential. You want it quickly or you want it to arrive looking brand new and beautiful on the outside? Most people want it quickly, so we go with what most people want.

you really wants to clear things out dont u:)

SixSquared
10-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Well I figure it's helpful for people to know that stuff, like the fact that overnight doesn't always mean overnight, and you can pay $30 to express 2 day a box, or $10 to ground it and it will get there in the same amount of time. I've seen *some* ground packages go overnight, but that was stuff that was going like from GA to TN.

I figure if I have the knowledge, why not pass it on?

TRDwasiq
10-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Well I figure it's helpful for people to know that stuff, like the fact that overnight doesn't always mean overnight, and you can pay $30 to express 2 day a box, or $10 to ground it and it will get there in the same amount of time. I've seen *some* ground packages go overnight, but that was stuff that was going like from GA to TN.

I figure if I have the knowledge, why not pass it on?
i feel you:) ;);)

Benefit
10-03-2007, 08:07 PM

marry me?

ep9716
10-03-2007, 08:09 PM
I LOVE FEDEX THEY ARE THE BEST EVA!!!! ZOMFG!!!! FEDEX FTMFW!!!!!!!!

SixSquared
10-03-2007, 08:23 PM
marry me?

Naaaaah it's ok.

Got a sister?

s13sliderŽ
10-03-2007, 08:34 PM
no but he has a sex change

SixSquared
10-03-2007, 08:45 PM
lol I would be more than slightly perturbed if a guy every offered that as a solution to the fact that I like girls..

quickdodgeŽ
10-03-2007, 08:47 PM
marry me?

Desperate much? Later, QD.

On_Her_Face
10-03-2007, 09:20 PM
**** fedex...always have a problem with them...

my turbo which got shipped out on friday via 2 day air , the tracking number shows an estimated delivery for oct 4th...

but the update thing shows its on fedex vehicle for delivery from norcross ga...

is it gunna be here so i can :idb:??

i heard fedex and ups were gonna merge...

its gonna be called Fedup

yes that was lame

/end thread

s13sliderŽ
10-03-2007, 09:21 PM
lame and old .

/ end life

On_Her_Face
10-03-2007, 09:22 PM
which lame was stated in the post. :tongue1:

SE-Rious1
10-03-2007, 09:24 PM
FeDEX truck hit my g/f earlier this year and ****ed her car all up so screw them assholes

s13sliderŽ
10-03-2007, 09:24 PM
lame was also stated in your original birth

SixSquared
10-03-2007, 10:20 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/multifingered/fedsex-1.jpg

:goodjob:

BuBBa DRiFT
10-04-2007, 12:04 AM
i say this should be stickied somewhere important, a lot of valuable information in this thread.

quickdodgeŽ
10-04-2007, 07:22 AM
^^^ Why? It's not any more important than your lucrative drifting career. Later, QD.

antiv6
10-04-2007, 08:49 PM
ya fedex sucks, i had an intake in the mail and it said all week it would come on the fourth, so i wait around and then check and it changed to tomorrow the 5th, ups is always right with the date it will come

bastarling84
10-04-2007, 09:18 PM
FedEx>UPS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DHL

^^^ Why? It's not any more important than your lucrative drifting career. Later, QD.
ROFL

Maxima96
10-04-2007, 11:44 PM
lame and old .

/ end life

HAHAHHAHAHHAHA!!!

This thread was very informative though...