PDA

View Full Version : Things to do in Decatur

AlliRae
10-03-2007, 06:09 AM
I did in fact move to decatur two days ago, but I have nothing to do. I also do not know my way around here either. I live right off lavista near the synagauge (sp?). If anyone would fill me in on why it's "greater in decatur" i'd be most appreciative.

SL65AMG
10-03-2007, 06:25 AM
you can go rob a bank..... then youd be chillin with ALL of your home-boys in the slammer.... oh wait..... thats dekalb

idk bout decatur

is that you in that avatar of yours? ...... i dont think it would be hard to find something to do.........

KPowerEP3
10-03-2007, 06:28 AM
:doh: Decatur is IN DeKalb.

Echonova
10-03-2007, 06:58 AM
Yeah.... You could get an alarm for your car. Buy a riot shotgun, or take personal self-defense classes.

Echonova
10-03-2007, 06:59 AM
Oh, I forgot wheel locks for your rims... That's always a fun thing to do..

Kevykev
you can go rob a bank..... then youd be chillin with ALL of your home-boys in the slammer.... oh wait..... thats dekalb

idk bout decatur

is that you in that avatar of yours? ...... i dont think it would be hard to find something to do.........

Dekalb is a very diverse County it has the complete range of income classes.

Go to Maddy's if you feel like some BBQ and blues (live entertainment).

I don't really chill much in the Dec but there are places here and there.

AlliRae
:doh: Decatur is IN DeKalb.

that's what i thought... i wasn't going to say it was then it wasn't though... umm...

yes that is my car in the avatar, because i am def not, personally, a sti....

come on ppl you know you have ideas... good places to eat.... places to shop... anything generic like walmart or target... anything

The Ren
10-03-2007, 07:04 AM
Alli you live about a mile from my old house.. I used to go to that synagogue when i lived out there..

head towards lenox.. alot to do down there

cactusEG
10-03-2007, 07:07 AM
BUY A GUN ! ! ! lol

antiv6
10-03-2007, 07:17 AM
so you moved there by choice?

SL65AMG
10-03-2007, 07:19 AM
Dekalb is a very diverse County it has the complete range of income classes.

Go to Maddy's if you feel like some BBQ and blues (live entertainment).

I don't really chill much in the Dec but there are places here and there.

i heard that place was bangin! ill have to try it sometime up 29 towards atl? on the left by the marathon or whatever it is?

SL65AMG
10-03-2007, 07:20 AM
that's what i thought... i wasn't going to say it was then it wasn't though... umm...

come on ppl you know you have ideas... good places to eat.... places to shop... anything generic like walmart or target... anything

no your car = sig
fine ***** = avatar

..... i kinda figured that was your car.....

Psycho
10-03-2007, 07:27 AM
You can get stabbed... Or you can stab some one else. That's always fun.

Kevykev
10-03-2007, 07:32 AM
Yall are a group of idiots!

LOL!!!

No

- LOL

Kevykev
10-03-2007, 07:43 AM
i heard that place was bangin! ill have to try it sometime up 29 towards atl? on the left by the marathon or whatever it is?

That's it!

1000cckiller
10-03-2007, 07:55 AM

idk bout decatur

is that you in that avatar of yours? ...... i dont think it would be hard to find something to do.........decatur is in dekalb dumb.....dumb

1000cckiller
10-03-2007, 07:56 AM
Yall are a group of idiots!

LOL!!!

No

- LOLfor real, they dont know about **** here.

Sol-Badguy
10-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Wow, I've been up on Lavista a few times a week lately for work.

You're right, doesn't seem like much to do up there..

1000cckiller
10-03-2007, 08:02 AM
Wow, I've been up on Lavista a few times a week lately for work.

You're right, doesn't seem like much to do up there..because there isnt **** on lavista.

AlliRae pm me, I can show you around. There are things to do, but people like to party on this side of town. Also they are high all the time, so go figure :rolleyes:

Nitro
10-03-2007, 08:34 AM

Hey u :crazy: luv tha new whip!!!!

quickdodge®
10-03-2007, 08:35 AM
I don't understand why people talk about Decatur like they know what's up with it. You people have obviously never really been to The Dec and are only repeating what you think you know from what you've heard on Hot 107.9(hmmmm). Decatur is not the city you think it is. If I remember correctly, in fact, white folks lead the residential race by about 70%. It's funny how people that don't know seem to "know the most." Later, QD.

Psycho
10-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Bankhead, son

wantboost
10-03-2007, 10:47 AM
because there isnt **** on lavista.

thank-you i didnt even know lavista was considered decatur :thinking: .

downtown decatur always has something going on. if you are looking for a car scene there is none. are you looking for anything in particular. Decatur has a few good record stores, a lot of nice restaurants, and some shopping. etc.

Maniaç
10-03-2007, 10:48 AM
Damn, hope you keep your new car in a garage. Lol.

wantboost
10-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Damn, hope you keep your new car in a garage. Lol.
if she lives near lavista it is not that bad of an area

Maniaç
10-03-2007, 10:54 AM
if she lives near lavista it is not that bad of an areaI didn't read the whole thread. Just read the title and posted, but yes, if she does live around that area there really isn't anything to worry about. Back when I used to work down in buckhead I would crusie around the hood and check out what was the big deal.

Its not that bad, but having things on a car that can be taken off and sold should be taking into consideration. I personally wouldn't leave my car out in the open.

quickdodge®
thank-you i didnt even know lavista was considered decatur :thinking: .

Most of Lavista is in Tucker. But going inside the perimeter, near where LaVista turns into Clairmont Rd, it does go into Decatur. Later, QD.

On_Her_Face
join a gang?

wantboost
I don't understand why people talk about Decatur like they know what's up with it. You people have obviously never really been to The Dec and are only repeating what you think you know from what you've heard on Hot 107.9(hmmmm). Decatur is not the city you think it is. If I remember correctly, in fact, white folks lead the residential race by about 70%. It's funny how people that don't know seem to "know the most." Later, QD.
very true lol, however it does depend on what part of decatur you are talking about but for the most part it is pretty nice.

Most of Lavista is in Tucker. But going inside the perimeter, near where LaVista turns into Clairmont Rd, it does go into Decatur. Later, QD.
true but then thats clairmont lol. That area is nice as hell, if you keep going past agnus scott you might run into a little trouble with the emphasis on might.

Kevykev

cause they're bored!

And their cars in their neighorhood will be robbed sometime this year!

It will bring them to the realization that THEY really live in the HOOD.

PSINXS
10-03-2007, 11:10 AM
I miss living in Decatur. it isnt as hood as some people say. glenwood has its points but thats not even that bad to me. Plus everything is cheaper down there. Food, alcohol, gas. Downtown dec has a few nice bars too.

Roadster
10-03-2007, 11:17 AM
very true lol, however it does depend on what part of decatur you are talking about but for the most part it is pretty nice.

true but then thats clairmont lol. That area is nice as hell, if you keep going past agnus scott you might run into a little trouble with the emphasis on might.

Truth. I dunno where everyone gets the impression that the whole of Decatur is like Memorial Drive or something. It's convenient to most anywhere you want to go in Atlanta, only a few minutes from downtown. Plenty of live music and forms of entertainment around here. It's a nice place overall. Maybe it's good that everybody thinks it's a bad part of town though, it'll keep some of the dumbasses away. :D

1000cckiller
10-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Truth. I dunno where everyone gets the impression that the whole of Decatur is like Memorial Drive or something. It's convenient to most anywhere you want to go in Atlanta, only a few minutes from downtown. Plenty of live music and forms of entertainment around here. It's a nice place overall. Maybe it's good that everybody thinks it's a bad part of town though, it'll keep some of the dumbasses away. :Dmemorial dr. is not bad

Roadster
10-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Meh, maybe other parts of it, but it's not a real savory place over by DeKalb Tech at least.

PSINXS
10-03-2007, 11:27 AM
i always wondered why starship is right next to a college lol

TIGERJC
10-03-2007, 11:38 AM
If I remember correctly the city of decatur is really nice and not far from downtown, if that is where she is talking about.

or if she is talking about the memorial drive area, there a lot of places to go but I think you wouldnt feel at home going there.

1000cckiller
10-03-2007, 11:40 AM
Meh, maybe other parts of it, but it's not a real savory place over by DeKalb Tech at least.uh, I have been over here for years, and I dont know what you mean.

HeLLo iM iZzY
10-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Hmmm, you can go to Thrift Store off of E.Ponce De Leon. That's always great. Visit my old school (Indian Creek Elem) lol. You can go to Rent-A-Rim on Memorial Dr, lol. You could always go to the jail and find a pen pal.

Nismo
10-03-2007, 11:58 AM
I enjoy watching the black guys infront of the Hot Wings store.

Hundo®
10-03-2007, 12:03 PM
we could all do you in decatur? :dunno:

Z28
10-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Most popular places I can think or are the Decatur Square, Emory Village and pool halls around it. There's a Jake's icecream place which a lot of people seem to like, too.

I'd go out more from Decatur if you wanted to do stuff though, Lenox isn't horribly far away at all.

quickdodge®
10-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Fucc Lenox. That place isn't **** anymore. Later, QD.

Slow Motion
10-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Yeah.... You could get an alarm for your car. Buy a riot shotgun, or take personal self-defense classes.

LMMFAOIRL.........:lmfao: :lmfao:

You can get stabbed... Or you can stab some one else. That's always fun.

:goodjob:

Oh, I forgot wheel locks for your rims... That's always a fun thing to do..

:yes:

Can't read anymore past pg.1 too funny....Hit Candler rd. up and go to south dekalb mall or the Wally world off of Gresham rd. Its a couple of spots in dowtown decatur to play pool if you play.

yudalicious
10-03-2007, 01:22 PM
maddy's is the ****. downtown decatur not bad, check out brickstore. virginia highlands isnt too far off, neither is buckhead. you can always hit up some frat parties at emory hahaha.

Mr.Big
10-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Im from Decatur and there are some ***** that dont give a **** bout ur life.
Candler and Glenwood rd might be a bit ruff for most of yall

Slow Motion
10-03-2007, 01:31 PM
Im from Decatur and there are some ***** that dont give a **** bout ur life.
Candler and Glenwood rd might be a bit ruff for most of yall

Candler rd. and Glenwood is not ruff

SL65AMG
10-03-2007, 01:32 PM
decatur is in dekalb dumb.....dumb
well i know that now

1000cckiller
10-03-2007, 01:33 PM
well i know that nowi was ****in with you, but it is. :lmfao:

Mr.Big
10-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Candler rd. and Glenwood is not ruff

awww right then
drive off those road into naborhoods
bet u wanna to go back to ellenwood

1000cckiller
10-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Candler rd. and Glenwood is not ruffha. go down pathersville rd. or back down past chit chat

Mr.Big
10-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Who is slow motion u must aint from the eastside

Slow Motion
10-03-2007, 01:45 PM
i graduated from Cedar grove and panthersville rd is far from being rough and you talkin bout candler crossing they do a little shooting but nothing stupid.

Slow Motion
10-03-2007, 01:46 PM
4th ward born eastside raised...get it right cuzo. Eastside bound all day.

Revmaynard
10-03-2007, 01:47 PM
FYI, not everyone is a car thief like all these people from bum-****ville think they are. I had my Cuda here for three or four years with no problem, when I moved into an apartment over here from my dads house I couldn't take it there, and since my dad was moving I had him store it in his 20x30 garage. Your car will be fine as long as you lock your doors.

As far as places to go, it might be limited unless you've got some money, there is downtown Decatur, the square is always nice to go watch people and shop. Emory Village is close to the same but doesn't seem to have as many shops, but more restaurants and CVS type ****. I see Club 29 (Pool hall/bar) packed on the weekends, it's next to O'Reilys on 29 up the street from North Dekalb mall (which has AMC 16). I've never been there since I'm not 21 but my roommate and my girlfriend have and say it's a cool place to hang out for live music and company. It's more or less what you're interested in.

Mr.Big
10-03-2007, 01:49 PM
i graduated from Cedar grove and panthersville rd is far from being rough and you talkin bout candler crossing they do a little shooting but nothing stupid.

oh ok then u went to Cedar grove?? What year??? My older bro graduated
from there in 96 i think.
But uhh niggas be busin when im always out

Slow Motion
10-03-2007, 01:50 PM
i graduated in 03..........it doesn't seem to be that bad to me but i stay tooled up so maybe its just me...lol.

Mr.Big
10-03-2007, 01:51 PM
That Cuda clean cuz!!
They steal those old schools out here

Mr.Big
10-03-2007, 01:52 PM
i graduated in 03..........it doesn't seem to be that bad to me but i stay tooled up so maybe its just me...lol.

Oh ok so u know members from Crime Mob???

Maniaç
10-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Whatever you do, don't go to underground alone. lol

1000cckiller
10-03-2007, 01:54 PM
That Cuda clean cuz!!
They steal those old schools out hereI am and have always been from the eastside, so unless Marcus he was kept inside the house. WTF is he talking about.

Slow Motion
10-03-2007, 01:55 PM
yeah just joc my folk used to know brittany and the other girl..

Mr.Big
10-03-2007, 01:55 PM
I am and have always been from the eastside, so unless Marcus he was kept inside the house. WTF is he talking about.

I dont know lol

Revmaynard
10-03-2007, 01:56 PM
I don't know if you'd say I'm Eastside, but I lived in a house near the intersection of North Druid Hills and 29 for 16 years, then in an apartment a mile from there and now in another house in the same area, so in 18 years of life, I've never heard of anyone's car being stolen I know. But i know for one thing my address is Decatur, 30033.

Slow Motion
10-03-2007, 01:59 PM
I don't know if you'd say I'm Eastside, but I lived in a house near the intersection of North Druid Hills and 29 for 16 years, then in an apartment a mile from there and now in another house in the same area, so in 18 years of life, I've never heard of anyone's car being stolen I know. But i know for one thing my address is Decatur, 30033.

Your from the Eastside....lol...you just stayed on the other side of decatur..

Revmaynard
10-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Well, this side is clear then! Haha jk.

But in all honesty sometimes I leave my windows down at night on accident and my car is never gone, being as easy to steal as anything you could think of, I've seen a car like mine broken into and started with a spoon....

Slow Motion
10-03-2007, 02:03 PM
You stay on the good side of Decatur..If you lived round my way it would be gone.

Leave it on Candler rd., Glenwood, Mcafee, Columbia dr, Flat Shoals, Gresham, River rd., Wesley Chapel, Stone Mountain, or anywhere off of Memorial Dr. Guarantee you'll be looking for the rest of your after you pick up a couple of locked off the ground.

Mr.Big
10-03-2007, 02:05 PM
You stay on the good side of Decatur..If you lived round my way it would be gone.

Yea U dont see those cars anymore
Damn but its clean as hell

Revmaynard
10-03-2007, 02:05 PM
I guess I'm glad then....plus I'd hate more of a ****ing commute all the way to Gwinnett.

I was just pretty much trying to get the point across you don't need a riot shotgun or multiple sets of wheel locks to live over here, especially if she lives off Lavista, that's more towards Tucker/Lakeside High School area, which is pretty nice and upscale.

Revmaynard
10-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Yea U dont see those cars anymore
Damn but its clean as hell

Thanks, I appreciate it.:goodjob:

1000cckiller
10-03-2007, 02:08 PM
**** off of bouldercrest is starting to change. Those mofo building 200k to 400k homes over here now.

Mr.Big
10-03-2007, 02:12 PM
**** off of bouldercrest is starting to change. Those mofo building 200k to 400k homes over here now.

Kickin all the black folks out to
bring up the value over there

Revmaynard
10-03-2007, 02:16 PM
They're building some houses in my neighborhood in the $440's that are like 6k sq ft and these little houses are like 1.5k sq ft.

quickdodge®
10-03-2007, 02:17 PM
When we first moved here from LBC, we moved into Avondale and then over to Columbia Dr., right behind Belvedere Plaza. I remember even going to Kandy Kane Daycare. Lolol. Later, QD.

1000cckiller
10-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Kickin all the black folks out to
bring up the value over theretroof :lmfao:

Revmaynard
10-03-2007, 02:26 PM
When we first moved here from LBC, we moved into Avondale and then over to Columbia Dr., right behind Belvedere Plaza. I remember even going to Kandy Kane Daycare. Lolol. Later, QD.

How old were you when you moved out here?? I was just curious.

PSINXS
10-03-2007, 02:33 PM
who remembers when the grocery store on flat shoals pkwy was super valu and when the fountain out front of the Crown gas station use to work. i miss them days

Deke
10-03-2007, 02:36 PM
I did in fact move to decatur two days ago, but I have nothing to do. I also do not know my way around here either. I live right off lavista near the synagauge (sp?). If anyone would fill me in on why it's "greater in decatur" i'd be most appreciative.

Didn't want to read the whole thread, so, sorry if anyone already posted this, but Brickstore and Twains are both awesome bars in "downtown" Decatur. If you like beer and chill atmospheres, definitely check them out.

Revmaynard
10-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Oh yea, the Oakhurst area is nice, a little gay....literally....but got some nice spots to eat.

AlliRae
10-03-2007, 07:23 PM
thanks everyone! I really had no idea it might get up to 4 pages... but it was fun to read. It gave me some good ideas on where to go and not to go. Maybe a couple of bars to check out.

Pool halls are always a plus. I love to play, i just haven't in awhile.

From what i've seen, my area is very nice... the neighbors keep there jag outside.... no worries.

So if anyone gets big plans PM me. YAY!

rizzler
10-03-2007, 07:36 PM
jus throwing ideas off the top of the head...
theres alot to do in decatur.... since ur near lavista u can easily go to felinis, go to toco hills... alota restaurants/ bars/ always a starbucks there.... clairmont... great food place also... u run into emory village.... theres downtown decatur where there are alota cool stores , random restaurants.... hmm let me see what else... theres cafe istanbul... a good hangout spot in decatur... theres pinups if u wanna go to a strip club.... ehh studio 72 opened up if im not mistaken.... and thats all i can think of right noww....

MR2DR
10-03-2007, 07:38 PM
But i know for one thing my address is Decatur, 30033.

rep that **** son!!:D

sogood
10-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Where you are on Lavista's a nice area. I'm only about 3 miles from there on N. Decatur Rd, right up the block from Emory Village.

As other said, hit Clairmont and that takes you to downtown Decatur. There are plenty of little stores, places to eat (I'd recommend Taco Mac), bars, etc. Emory Village is close by, too. Plus Lenox/Phipps/Buckhead are about 10-15 mintues away.

God
10-04-2007, 01:21 AM

exactly, i live in downtown dec and love it, there are quite a few enthusiasts around tho, hell on my street theres quite a few Ms and audi S's and a few older carerras a few guys have restored. but def not the typical "IA" scene.

God
10-04-2007, 01:25 AM
thanks everyone! I really had no idea it might get up to 4 pages... but it was fun to read. It gave me some good ideas on where to go and not to go. Maybe a couple of bars to check out.

Pool halls are always a plus. I love to play, i just haven't in awhile.

From what i've seen, my area is very nice... the neighbors keep there jag outside.... no worries.

So if anyone gets big plans PM me. YAY!

downtown decatur (the actual city limits of decatur) are great.
i love it here. tons of bars/resturants/shopping/etc
lavista/north decatur/emory is a great area, it gets not as nice the close you get to 285 tho, but not that bad.

south of downtown decatur it starts to get ghetto, southern dekalb and eastern dekalb is ghetto.

and :lmfao: at these kids calling **** rough. try living close to nikkis vip back in the day, granted 90% of the people on here are too young to even know what/where it was.

any questions about decatur let me know i live here :)

check out