PDA

View Full Version : active autowerks

liquidforcd3
10-02-2007, 09:30 PM
looking into gettin the supercharger kit for my car. . . anyone have any pro's or con's(outside the price tag) to say bout the kit? j/c whats experience in dealing with them.

sina518
10-03-2007, 10:58 PM
what kind of car. which bmw? AA makes the best superchargers imo along with there software

Dominic49
10-03-2007, 11:38 PM
I have alot wrong with AA

had the c38 kit for the e36M3

first they put the software for the c36 kit which is a totally different tune and 'bout near **** my motor up. and then when I was going to order the stage 2 kit they lied strait to my face when I asked them if there was any cutting involved to get the intercooler to fit.

also the system they have rigged up for the crank case vent is **** and clogs your intake manifold with oil from the Positive crank case pressure the charger creates...

spend the money right go with dinan or someone else.

then again once we got all the ghetto **** worked out the kit pulls strong

juelz1104
10-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Active Autowerkes other than being based out of florida has got alot of positive feed back from Euro Tuner for their project cars and has world records for their project cars in tha 1/4

juelz1104
10-04-2007, 08:00 PM
i'm more of a turbo person myself

liquidforcd3
10-06-2007, 12:05 AM
im driving a 99 323i, ive heard good and bad about AA, so i didnt know anyone elses experience. i thought bout going turbo, but the aa supercharger kit appealed to me more seein as how from the description it seems basically bolt on (to a degree) and also they have tuned software to go along with it, just sounds like a good deal to me. but i am new to bmws and working on them.

DinanM3atl
10-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Wouldn't go with AA...

Dominic is right... and the kits are not really upgradable as they use Rotrex charges which I think are junk...

liquidforcd3
10-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Im not really exprerienced with the different types of chargers, i heard of the vortech and rotrex, didnt know the differences, upgradability.. Im not looking for mad amounts of hp, personally id be content in the 350 -400 range. atleast i say that till i get it, then i'll want more. but currently i have no mods on the car and im trying to make the best choices without fubarring my car. what charger does the ess system use? yay's or nay's on that kit?

DinanM3atl
10-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Vortech I believe.

Just get a vortech based kit so you can expand.

Or a Twin Screw :)

liquidforcd3
10-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Twin Screw...tempting, but id need deeper pockets b4 i can go that route. ha. I'll prolly stick with just going vortech route, VF engineering makes a kit thats sounds promising.

DinanM3atl
10-09-2007, 03:19 PM
VF Makes a good kit

If I was buying right now I would buy VF or Dinan

live~sideway
10-09-2007, 08:56 PM
VF Makes a good kit

If I was buying right now I would buy VF or Dinan

yeah its good stuff but cha ching

liquidforcd3
10-09-2007, 09:40 PM
So i've been doing a lil research in between all this, but i got pretty high mileage on my car, and i dont plan on running too much boost for now, i use her as a daily driver but thats soon gonna change and shes just gonna be my toy. so based on that, the engine should be fine atleast for awhile on low boost or am i just fooling myself. from what ive read, it seems as thou it should be fine. Opinions?

live~sideway
10-09-2007, 11:48 PM
So i've been doing a lil research in between all this, but i got pretty high mileage on my car, and i dont plan on running too much boost for now, i use her as a daily driver but thats soon gonna change and shes just gonna be my toy. so based on that, the engine should be fine atleast for awhile on low boost or am i just fooling myself. from what ive read, it seems as thou it should be fine. Opinions?

it should be fine as long as your gentle on youll have to resist the urge to blow off or spool at every honda guy but ATTN if you plan on boosting make sure you get a tune before you drive it. i know tons of ppl that jump in it as soon as its done and wait a few days for a tune it greatly reduces your engine life.:goodjob:

DinanM3atl
10-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Both the VF and Dinan kit will be fine with the tune they come with. There is more power to be had on both kits but since you want to run for reliability right now. Just install and drive :)

Basically... I would reset the adaptations and things before driving but basically install and drive!

liquidforcd3
10-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Good deal, seems to me everyone says that same thing. Now its just a matter of finding one. . Where do ya'll order your parts at? any places around here that deal with bimmers?

DinanM3atl
10-15-2007, 07:09 PM
You order Dinan from Performing Imports

Order AA From AA website

Order VF from VF :)

liquidforcd3
10-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Has anybody gone to J3 Motorsports before. I was talking to a guy up there and he recomended i come by.

Where does everyone hang out around here? Typical BP in gwinnett?

DinanM3atl
10-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Um no...