PDA

View Full Version : A problem that plagues every community...

quickdodgeŽ
10-02-2007, 09:13 AM
Any owner who catches their dog eating stool is sure to be disgusted at least, wondering what could bring their family pet to resort to such a nasty habit. Yes, it's gross to humans. No, it doesn't mean your dog is abnormal.

Although there are many theories why dogs sometimes eat their own stool or that of other animals, what's important is how you can help break your dog from this unappealing and potentially unhealthy habit. Start early - as a pup - since feces is a source of germs and parasites, and dogs not curbed of this habit as a puppy will have a harder time stopping later in life.

If Your Dog Eats His Own Stool. . .

* If your pet is not being fed a quality dog food, increase the quality and quantity of the dog food you feed your dog. Store-bought foods are not digested as fully, and food that passes through the digestive system only to remain in the feces may actually make the stool taste appealing. For pets already on a high quality food, divide the daily intake into several smaller meals.
* You can make stool taste repulsive to dogs using a vegetable-based chewable tablet like Dis-Taste, or by sprinkling some For-Bid over his food bowl.
* Keep your yard clean and feces free.
* Keep your dog active, since some dogs have been known to eat droppings as a negative behavior associated with boredom. Give them stimulating toys and interact with them on a daily basis.

If your Dog Eats Other Dogs' Stool. . .

* Always walk your dog on a collar and lead or leash. If you see your dog going for it, give them a firm "no" command and keep them walking.

If your Dog Eats From the Cat's Litter Box. . .

* Sprinkle some For-Bid over your cat's food to make her stool less appealing to the family dog.
* Consider getting your cat a litter box with a built-in cover like the Hooded Litter Pan or Catty Corner Litter Box to limit your dog's access to the litter.

As vile as you may view this behavior, our veterinarians emphasize you should never punish your dog for stool eating. To curb the habit, try the recommendations listed above, and if your dog continues, consult with your veterinarian.

Later, QD.

Quattro Kid
10-02-2007, 09:33 AM
hahaha, i know my old neighbor's dog used to eat his own stool all the time, where do you get this info (pretty good stuff though)

Echonova
10-02-2007, 09:35 AM
LIFESTYLE (13 Viewing)
Food, health, hobbies, pets, religion, shopping, etc.

Jecht
10-02-2007, 09:36 AM
Lol random thread

quickdodgeŽ
10-02-2007, 09:38 AM
Lol random thread

Yup. Sorry, Echonova, this wasn't to be taken that seriously, lolol. Later, QD.

Jecht
10-02-2007, 09:45 AM
Yup. Sorry, Echonova, this wasn't to be taken that seriously, lolol. Later, QD.

Which is exactly what the Whoreslounge is for - random threads that are not serious. :goodjob:

Echonova
10-02-2007, 09:45 AM
Yup. Sorry, Echonova, this wasn't to be taken that seriously, lolol. Later, QD.I know, this is kind of like your basket weaving threads or the evolution of the platypus posts. My post wasn't to be taken serious either. Hell for that matter, when have I ever made a serious post...... Hmmmmm :thinking:

quickdodgeŽ
10-02-2007, 09:48 AM
I know, this is kind of like your basket weaving threads or the evolution of the platypus posts. My post wasn't to be taken serious either. Hell for that matter, when have I ever made a serious post...... Hmmmmm :thinking:

Exactly, lolol. REPS! for me. Later, QD.

Killer
10-02-2007, 09:58 AM
gross

On_Her_Face
10-02-2007, 11:09 AM
ew.

GIXXERDK
10-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Never knew that lol, my dogs never had that habit

SRCRX
10-02-2007, 11:48 AM
and now I know!!

Thanks QD!! (to bad I have no dog)

HundoŽ
10-02-2007, 11:50 AM
QD stop eating your own **** and people will stop writing articles about it.

Leadfoot_mf
10-02-2007, 01:41 PM
what if YOU eat your dogs stool?

osnap
10-02-2007, 02:10 PM
what if YOU eat your dogs stool?Hell, I do that... thats perfectly normal!

er... well I think it is.

wait... this is normal, right?