PDA

View Full Version : Army or college

soul
07-21-2005, 12:19 AM
Right now im a tough situation, my buddy ships out in the morning for the army. He is going into ranger school.

I planned on doing it in two years after some college, but now im debating if i should call my recruiter tomorrow ASAP so i can ship out, and go with him.

Army Ranger= Greatest experience ill ever have, and many opportunities in life afterwards.

My brother was a ranger also now does Private Secruity in Iraq making close to 1k a day.

OR

Full ride for soccer in Milledgeville, then go to army.

I dont know what to do

blacknightteg
07-21-2005, 12:26 AM
im assumin your talkin about clint, but dude thats a big one, one usually that you would have to make on your own what you feel is the best for you not anyone else...i mean i know your prolly goin to miss the kid but do you think thats the best for you or do you wana stay here. i guess what you would really have to decide like i said is if it is for you man

soul
07-21-2005, 12:27 AM
well i was going to leave about a month after school was out, but i was offered this full ride, and so i didnt leave but now im having doubts if i should waste two hyears in college then go or just go now, ill decide tomorrow

blacknightteg
07-21-2005, 12:31 AM
yeah dude, i mean honestly , i wouldnt jus decide over night, that kinda thing is something where a decision like that would indeed take time because you dont want to be regretting it later on, i mean i doubt that you would but that kinda decision takes time, id miss ya if your crazy ass went off to do that n the lord knows where they would ya

flysi00
07-21-2005, 12:34 AM
jed i know u go to the army u need it u dont need to be getting drunk and all fucked up al the time go do something good with your life just my 2 cents leave the si with me and ill fix it up for ya lol

1439/2000
07-21-2005, 02:32 AM
College. Get out in four years, dont die, and then you make bank.

My dad was a ranger for 30 years. Told me to go to college.

HEATON
07-21-2005, 03:17 AM
OR be smart bout it, and if you dont mind goin to college DO it dammit then commision. The only reasoni didnt become officer was i went to a College prep highschool and sure as hell didnt wann go to school for 4 more years.

4dmin
07-21-2005, 07:23 AM
take the full ride to college if not you'll regret it later :goodjob:

AznTraitor
07-21-2005, 07:46 AM
Right now im a tough situation, my buddy ships out in the morning for the army. He is going into ranger school.

I planned on doing it in two years after some college, but now im debating if i should call my recruiter tomorrow ASAP so i can ship out, and go with him.

Army Ranger= Greatest experience ill ever have, and many opportunities in life afterwards.

My brother was a ranger also now does Private Secruity in Iraq making close to 1k a day.

OR

Full ride for soccer in Milledgeville, then go to army.

I dont know what to do

how are you just up and gonna goto Ranger school? you have to finish basic before getting doing any schools......and it's a first come first serve basis kind of thing unless you got a ranger contract, which isnt that easy to come by....

my brother in law is CPT at Ranger Regiment here at Benning, I'm just curious on how you are doing this all.

how old are you soul?

HEATON
07-21-2005, 07:50 AM
Either way he gets a full ride to college....

Kristi
07-21-2005, 08:04 AM
i would go to college - you have a full scholarship- i wouldn't pass that up

4dmin
07-21-2005, 08:05 AM
Either way he gets a full ride to college....

ya but full ride + no army = :D

LaurenK
07-21-2005, 08:06 AM
Do what feels right...follow your heart. Either way, you'll succeed :2cents:

HEATON
07-21-2005, 08:09 AM
SOUL jus promise me you wont join if you have any doubts. I mean i love the mil but its not for all. Ya know?

Repost Squintz
07-21-2005, 08:33 AM
i say take the full ride... i mean shit wouldnt you rather be with chicks?

chrisdavis
07-21-2005, 08:42 AM
College

ALVIN
07-21-2005, 09:38 AM
college fool...clint will be back one day, or you just might see him in a couple of years. Just keep in touch with him. As for my choice, I'd go to college first, and then if you still want to go to the army after all that go, but finish your free ride first.

soul
07-21-2005, 09:57 AM
Ive decided, im leaving around this time in 2 years

Kristi
07-21-2005, 10:18 AM
good decision - go to school first

blacknightteg
07-21-2005, 10:24 AM
good thinkin man....that way you can see if you really wana leave after those 2 years

Brandon C
07-21-2005, 10:52 AM
Yea I am A little late but Do School then When you join you can be an Officer and thats much more$$$$ and Much Niser especially in the Army could mean the Difference in an Air Conditioned Tent or No AC..Trust me My mom just retired Air Force 32 years and School is Very Important your career will be Much more by doing this..

BOOSTEDeg
07-21-2005, 10:54 AM
If I were you I'd take the college then go into the Army, it will be very difficult to get school while you are in, although it is not impossible. I would go to school get your degree and come in an officer, you could still do Infantry/Ranger. But instead of being a pee-on, you'll be in charge of a Platoon or something. Possibly in charge of your buddy, LOL. If I could have went to school I would have. By the way 90 credit hours to be an officer, keep that in mind.

AznTraitor
07-21-2005, 11:02 AM
never answered my question.

Negrodamus
07-21-2005, 11:52 AM
I would go to school get your degree and come in an officer, you could still do Infantry/Ranger. But instead of being a pee-on, you'll be in charge of a Platoon or something. Possibly in charge of your buddy, LOL. If I could have went to school I would have. By the way 90 credit hours to be an officer, keep that in mind.

yes surr

MitsuEvo6
07-21-2005, 01:29 PM
if i had a full ride, i woulda gone to school first. I would recommend a ROTC program if they have one. But i didn't get a full ride, so I leave tomorrow....hopefully.

Eli
07-21-2005, 02:26 PM
well i say goto the army, just so milledgeville doesnt have to deal with you, haha.

but honestly- take the full ride while you can get it. but then again- id never even consider the army (though i 100% support our troops and very grateful for what they do, just not something for me).

Pablo
07-21-2005, 02:26 PM
i say college all the way. that is something that you will never experience again while you are young

99ITRGIRL
07-21-2005, 02:29 PM
its up to u. If your determined enough I would go in the Army then college. Or if your not sure, and might change ur mind, I would do the opposite.

soul
07-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Im not doing ROTC or anything just doing my school then Rangers, after im done with my service ill have plenty of career openings (CIA FBI DOE BH or do private secruity which is what i plan on doing)

99ITRGIRL
07-21-2005, 03:44 PM
thats cool Jed