PDA

View Full Version : Misc The North Face

Kevykev
10-01-2007, 09:17 AM
Is there an outlet somewhere close by???

Any experiences there?

speedminded
10-01-2007, 09:39 AM
Is there an outlet somewhere close by???

Any experiences there?Used to be one at the Premium Outlet mall in Dawson Co. but not sure if it's still there...looking at the list of stores and haven't found it :dunno:

deady
10-01-2007, 09:43 AM
there are no "close by" outlets. you should be able to find something on google, but the last time i looked there werent any even relatively close. There used to be one at the North Georgie premium outlets, but it's been closed for some time.

If you're wanting REAL outdoor gear, checkout Mountain Hardware, Patagonia, or Arcteryx.

Northface ftmfl, and i own several of their products, from summit series to denali's, the quality has drastically lessened as of late, probably due to everybody and their little siblings sporting the stuff.

speedminded
10-01-2007, 09:45 AM
there are no "close by" outlets. you should be able to find something on google, but the last time i looked there werent any even relatively close. There used to be one at the North Georgie premium outlets, but it's been closed for some time.

If you're wanting REAL outdoor gear, checkout Mountain Hardware, Patagonia, or Arcteryx.

Northface ftmfl, and i own several of their products, from summit series to denali's, the quality has drastically lessened as of late, probably due to everybody and their little siblings sporting the stuff.i'm a big fan of Marmot and Patagonia but it's soooo expensive! eBay or the closeout racks at REI FTW :tongue:

Kevykev
10-01-2007, 09:59 AM
NORTH FACE OR BUST!

If I find a nice columbia coat i'd rock that too!

deady
10-01-2007, 10:06 AM
Join REI's membership thing and you get money back towards purchases at the end of the year. A percentage of whatever you buy all year, gets given back in dividends/store credit. If you buy a lot of inexpensive stuff throughout the year it adds up and you can get some nice stuff cheaper.

Patagonia.com typically has better sales/deals than the Atlanta store...

deady
10-01-2007, 10:07 AM
NORTH FACE OR BUST!

If I find a nice columbia coat i'd rock that too!

id recommend going to ****'s or Bass Pro Shop.

thats pretty funny, it edits out d!ck's. the new censorship should be able to read context...

speedminded
10-01-2007, 10:12 AM
Join REI's membership thing and you get money back towards purchases at the end of the year. A percentage of whatever you buy all year, gets given back in dividends/store credit. If you buy a lot of inexpensive stuff throughout the year it adds up and you can get some nice stuff cheaper.Plus the fall and spring sales :yes:

Kevykev
10-01-2007, 10:17 AM

thats pretty funny, it edits out d!ck's. the new censorship should be able to read context...

HAHAHAHA I thoguh to myself WTF could that store name be???

Fall and Spring Sales sound good!

Kevykev
11-27-2007, 12:20 PM

You are the MAN, I got a sick coat out there! My girl fiance it up today.

:goodjob:

deady
11-27-2007, 03:18 PM
reps appreciated. ;) whatd you end up getting?

allmotoronly
11-27-2007, 03:31 PM

Northface ftmfl, and i own several of their products, from summit series to denali's, the quality has drastically lessened as of late, probably due to everybody and their little siblings sporting the stuff.

there are no outlets close by. As far as outdoor gear and outdoor wear goes, the north face is sommewhere in the middle. Their higher end stuff is still as good as the best, but the cheaper stuff is overpriced and cheaply made. I have some of the flight series and summit series stuff, and the quality is pretty good. It is just as good as my Marmot stuff, and not quite as good as my Arc'teryx stuff. I personally like TNF stuff better than patagonia. As far as gear (tents and sleeping bags) TNF is just as good as anything I have owned. I own a TNF tent, a Sierra Design tent, and my dad owns a Marmot tent. Quailty wise, they are all pretty equal. As far as backpacks, I would go with something other than TNF. Sleeping bags are all pretty much the same.

deady
11-27-2007, 05:01 PM
i have a couple of friends that own retail stores that swear by the Sierra design stuff. I own a light, wind/water proof pull over thats an awesome light jacket. Unfortunately i lump Northface in with Columbia now. Mountain Hardware's new gear for this year is some really nice stuff.

I've had absolutely no issues out of any of my NF stuff, its just the weight of the fleece's vs. other brands at the same price point. I cant really see spending the same for an inferior product. Ultimately its the name anyway, i seriously doubt the gear is going to be used to its potential. I do like the TNF, but i've got a soft spot for patagonia, as the **** is just plain comfortable, yet pricey. I have nothing against Marmot, just nothing has really struck me enough to pick any of it up.

IMO the Arc'teryx gear has no competition.

of all my gear ( patagonia, kavu, nf, columbia, sierra design, mountain hardware) the goretex summit series shell is by far the warmest. :)

slow_hatch
11-27-2007, 05:10 PM
North Face FTL. MountainHardware FTW :D A couple outdoor retail shops will carry NF stuff, but there isn't an outlet anymore. Overflow Outfitters (www.GoOverflow.com) in Gainesville carries there stuff, and so does The Outside World in Dawsonville right before the outlets on the left. :goodjob:

deady
11-28-2007, 04:02 PM
I've done business with The Outisde World and would recommend them for sure. As for Overflow Outfitters i was unaware of. My roomate is on pro level discount for Northface, which lets you demo gear before you buy it, and a 50% discount, and he still rocks Mountain Hardware stuff. Granted he has a decent discount on it as well, but no where near 50%.

Moosejaw.com also has good deals on NF stuff, and currently has free 2nd day shipping on some of it. They also carry about every other brand we've mentioned...

Nittanys1
11-28-2007, 04:04 PM
I have all my stuff from North Face and love it. I picked it up at REI and with my members card I got a few bucks back for later use/discount

Andy099
11-28-2007, 04:17 PM
i was at atlantic station the other day and they had tents from various vendors and there was an outfitters company selling northface, birkenstock and stuff for retail + 20% off

so you can get the mens Denali Jacket thats $165 + 20% off. their online site is www.mountainhighoutfitters.com (http://www.mountainhighoutfitters.com)

They will be there until the 30th i believe but thats the biggest discount i've seen on northface. they were also handing out business cards for a $10 off discount on online orders with free shipping. and since they are based from Alabama there shouldn't be any tax if u want to order online

Kevykev
11-28-2007, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the help people, found a great Jacket/Coat exactly what I wanted!

drmcivicsi
11-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Mountain Hardware ftw