PDA

View Full Version : 1987 civic si

RX4BRDM
09-30-2007, 11:53 PM
About to start a project on a 1987 honda civic si. It currently has a blown HG and I don't know whether or not it was over heated (if the head or block is warped) until I get in there. I don't want to get flamed, I don't even know if this is the right venue for this question but has anyone built one of these before?? I am just curious as to how to go about it/ where to find parts, or to swap the motor with something different. If anyone has any input I would greatly appreciate it.
It will be totally different then my s2k build as the civic is a 1.5 liter carbureted motor.

Thanks in advance.

MongolPup
10-01-2007, 01:13 AM
Have you been on Honda Tech?

There are some people on here who can help you, look around the Honda section as well.

jfrolang
10-01-2007, 01:26 AM
redpepperracing.com will be your best bet. They're dedicated solely to 84-87 Civics.

If it's carbureted it's not an Si. An Si of that year is fuel injected and has a sunroof.

Fr33way
10-01-2007, 09:33 AM
About to start a project on a 1987 honda civic si. It currently has a blown HG and I don't know whether or not it was over heated (if the head or block is warped) until I get in there. I don't want to get flamed, I don't even know if this is the right venue for this question but has anyone built one of these before?? I am just curious as to how to go about it/ where to find parts, or to swap the motor with something different. If anyone has any input I would greatly appreciate it.
It will be totally different then my s2k build as the civic is a 1.5 liter carbureted motor.

Thanks in advance.

I say for the labor involved go with a tried and true swap.

Elbow
10-01-2007, 09:41 AM
A D16A1 is your new friend

RX4BRDM
10-01-2007, 12:30 PM
^ alrighty then. What shops in the area can perform this swap and does anyone have any idea what this may run? Thanks again.

santacruz77
10-01-2007, 12:57 PM
idk lol im a good help