PDA

View Full Version : Question on some audio brands.

savincent
09-30-2007, 12:13 PM
I've been tryin to figure out what brand of speakers I should use to replace all my factory speakers, I replaced the front door speakers with some Polk 6 1/2". But I'm not too satisfied with them, and I believe my rear speakers are 6x9s. Not too sure on that though.

I also want to replace my Pioneer head unit with a flip out lcd head unit, and install 2 additional lcd screens.

So what are some good brands, give me something like a top 3, as for a budget, well it doesn't matter how much the stuff costs. As for why I'm doing this, well I like interior bling, and I just love working on this type of stuff.

Thanks.

sina518
09-30-2007, 06:47 PM
panasonic flip out or kenwood. polk momo 6x9's in the rear. a four channel amp to run all speakers. call up traffic jams in buford they can work with you and get you in your budget and everything has warrenty so no worries. talk to chris or dan

patrick4588
10-01-2007, 09:21 AM
hmmm. polk makes some good stuff, perhaps you just didnt purchase a powerful enough set? you could look into component setups up front and some matching 6x9's for the rear. Since you were un satisfied with what you have, try for some with a higher power rating and run them off an amp

Kyle
10-01-2007, 09:33 AM
I'd go with... Alpine or eclipse head unit, boston components, and an alpine 300/4 amp.

Dracc
10-01-2007, 03:12 PM
I'd go with... Alpine Flip out,Kicker componets, and an JL500/4.

fixed:goodjob:

Kyle
10-01-2007, 03:46 PM
fixed:goodjob:
Kicker components over boston, no effing way. :no:

BanginJimmy
10-02-2007, 08:18 PM
you arent going to beat an Eclipse deck when you look at mainstream units. Boston and kicker arent even comparable. Boston all the way. I loved the Z6's.
no problem with a JL amp, but at the same time, no point in spending a load more money than you need to.

If you want a flip-out dvd unit, you cannot possibly beat the AVN-7000.

Dracc
10-03-2007, 12:41 AM
Kicker components over boston, no effing way. :no:

i'm sponsored by kicker you know i had to put that out there lol.. to bad they think im still running there KX series coaxles in my car when i'm running MB quarts lol shhhhhh:ninja:

SL65AMG
10-03-2007, 07:40 AM
Infinity perfect 6.1's..... the tweeters will make your ears bleed..... sounds great

Kyle
10-03-2007, 07:57 AM
i'm sponsored by kicker you know i had to put that out there lol.. to bad they think im still running there KX series coaxles in my car when i'm running MB quarts lol shhhhhh:ninja:
K good, i was going to say this kids a moron, whys he at tech? But thats straight, I'm a huge advocate of MB Quart in fact I have a fairly rare mb quart amp.

BanginJimmy
10-03-2007, 12:00 PM
Infinity perfect 6.1's..... the tweeters will make your ears bleed..... sounds great

I dont think that would sound all that great. You may want to get your hands on some decent tweeters or decent x-overs to correct that problem.

sina518
10-03-2007, 07:37 PM
[the tweeters will make your ears bleed..... sounds great[/QUOTE]

i love that:lmfao:

SL65AMG
10-03-2007, 08:11 PM
I dont think that would sound all that great. You may want to get your hands on some decent tweeters or decent x-overs to correct that problem.

these are top of the line infinity components....and yes i have x-overs.... they are just REALLY crisp

sina518
10-03-2007, 10:42 PM
i guess it depends on how you listen to music and what you listen to. but for the person that wants Good sound crisp is not were it is at. ill take silk tweeters over aluminum anyday. i hate that raspy ticking sound

Mr2InSaNe
10-03-2007, 10:47 PM
morel or focal for components and alpine for head unit

savincent
10-08-2007, 10:42 PM
Are Alpine flip outs really all that? Cause I'm not really a big fan of Alpine, but if they make good flip outs, I might be intrested

BanginJimmy
10-09-2007, 12:43 AM
Are Alpine flip outs really all that? Cause I'm not really a big fan of Alpine, but if they make good flip outs, I might be intrested

I honestly dont know anyone that uses Alpine headunits.

SL65AMG
10-09-2007, 09:27 AM
I honestly dont know anyone that uses Alpine headunits.

alpine is the **** Mon Frer

whats better?

savincent
10-09-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm just asking cause I've heard nothing but bad things about Alpine. Especially about their subs and their "pencil tip connectors".

BanginJimmy
10-09-2007, 10:12 PM
alpine is the **** Mon Frer

whats better?

Eclipse, Kenwood Excelon, Nakamichi, Denon, Pioneer Premier

when you get model specific there is alot more, but the ones I mentioned are pretty much cut and dry better for headunits.

This excludes Alpine F#1 Status gear though. That stuff is very nice.

savincent
10-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Looked around a bit, I'm thinking I'm going to go with a Kenwood flip out, they got some pretty decent looking ones. Not too sure on the quality though.

As for 6 1/2" and 6x9"s, I know about the Polk Momos. I can pick those up at Frys, but anything maybe better but cheaper?

redgst97
10-12-2007, 11:51 PM
I would suggest an amp for the Momo speakers...I dont CARE what the headunit says it can do...it is NOT enough (clean) power. Get somthing like a 50x4 or 75x4 and you will be MUCH, MUCH, MUCH happier.

I liked the Momos in my last car. I have the SR series in a car now...it was time to upgrade.

IMO...cant beat the Momo quality for less money....great speaker!

savincent
10-13-2007, 12:10 AM
Well if you guys keep ravin bout the Momos, then Momos it is, if they're the best for the money. :D

As for the 4 chan amp, of course. Its like a computer, meeting the recommended requirements for a game is good, but having twice the power of the requirements is even better.

I know one thing is for sure, if I'm going to spend all this time and money, I don't want the end result of my sound to sound like ****.

.blank cd
10-13-2007, 01:42 AM
I dont think its like a computer at all. Dont have to have twice the reccomended power to get business done. I have my head unit running all my speakers except my sub and minimally powering that and it sounds excellent!. Its all in how its tuned. Crossovers are your friends

.blank cd
10-13-2007, 01:46 AM
Eclipse, Kenwood Excelon, Nakamichi, Denon, Pioneer Premier

when you get model specific there is alot more, but the ones I mentioned are pretty much cut and dry better for headunits.

This excludes Alpine F#1 Status gear though. That stuff is very nice.

quoted for troof! Ive been running the same Excelon HU for a few years and it sounds great!!!

brandowms240
10-14-2007, 12:18 AM
alpine head units..there is nothing better.And i suggest orion, unheard of but there speakers get the job done like no other

JessAlba452
10-14-2007, 12:36 AM
For my choices I prefer Pioneer Premier headunits. I was going to go with a Pioneer AVIC-Z1 for an in-dash unit.

Components definately over coaxials but I'm unsure of the polk audio. I haven't heard it personally though, but know they are good for the price.

If you've ever heard of Rainbow Germaniums they're awesome. SLC is the series lower, sounds just as good without as much midbass. Very clean, but run with crossovers and amp.

Arc Audio makes good clean amps that will be more than enough power. Check out the Arc Audio KAR 600.4

As always check out www.caraudio.com/forum that's where I learned a lot about audio.

.blank cd
10-14-2007, 12:40 AM
if you can get your hands on Peerless Definition Series component sets. best component set for the money hands down

.blank cd
10-14-2007, 12:42 AM
Pioneer prem. units over alpine, IMO except 4 F1 status

KPowerEP3
10-14-2007, 12:59 AM
I'm a fan of Alpine H/U's, as well. Excellent quality.

vTeC
10-18-2007, 08:37 AM
you arent going to beat an Eclipse deck when you look at mainstream units. Boston and kicker arent even comparable. Boston all the way. I loved the Z6's.
no problem with a JL amp, but at the same time, no point in spending a load more money than you need to.

If you want a flip-out dvd unit, you cannot possibly beat the AVN-7000.

Jimmy knows his ****, although I am partial to Memphis M-Class components which can be attained with a rather small budget. When do you think they are gonna get Blu Ray players in the flip outs Jimmy?

BanginJimmy
10-18-2007, 03:26 PM
A couple of the german units are playing HD, I dont know about Blu-Ray though.

mocha latte cupcake
10-18-2007, 03:28 PM
MB quart top o the line if you can still find them or swiss audio.... for components..

BanginJimmy
10-18-2007, 09:14 PM
MB quart top o the line if you can still find them or swiss audio.... for components..

for close to the same price as the high end swiss audio units, you can get Brax Graphic Pro's which will completely dominate either of those sets. I just cant afford a 5k set of components.