PDA

View Full Version : Import showdown car problems

2.3 Evo 8
09-30-2007, 06:14 AM
I had to get my car towed back home last night on the way to the Showdown. My wife was following me in my truck and we stopped at Sam's Wholesale to buy an new laptop. We came outside and my car wouldn't start. Checked the plugs and no fuel. WTF!

I checked all the fuses and everything looked good. I didn't have much tools with me in the truck so I called a tow truck and got home around 12:30 a.m. and began diagnosing the problem.

Took out the fuel pump and hit the ignition, fuel pump kicks on. WTF again! I didn't hear it when I was in the Sam's parking lot.

So I go back to the ignition and check the coils. None are firing. I "recheck" the fuse for the ignition box and the ****** is blown. I could have sworn it was good when I looked the first time.

Well it's 7:15 a.m. and I just got through ****ing with the car. It started and I'm going to leave around 8 a.m. to head down to the Showdown.

The night before last I stayed up until 7 a.m. working on the car. The last two night have killed me since I've still got the flu.

Lets see how far I make it before something ****s up.

hondachick22
09-30-2007, 09:59 AM
thats what imm talking about , still going to the showdown.

2.3 Evo 8
09-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Whoot! I made it to the Showdown and back. My clutch was making some strange noises on the way home. I tried getting it to hold the power on medium boost on the way home and it wasn't happening. Definitely need to get that swapped out pronto.

I can't believe it actually held the power on medium boost for 2 runs and DAMN it pulled like a freight train. I couldn't get traction for ****! I spun through 3rd on one run and the ass end came out on another run. Time to upgrade to slicks I guess.

Man, I feel like ****! I'm going to get some rest and try to kick this flu. I was losing my voice at the Showdown and by the time I got halfway home my voice was completely gone.

Best run of the day was 11.1 @ 128 mph spinning 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear.

koffebean00
09-30-2007, 09:28 PM
your car was bad ass! :goodjob:

NevrNufTorq
09-30-2007, 10:01 PM
props for still coming after all the probs and long hours! :goodjob: it paid off though and you got home and you needed a new clutch anyway!!! :rolleyes:

On_Her_Face
09-30-2007, 10:06 PM
good **** phil.. btw i tried to call u the other day

btw u going to teh v on thursday?

b0ki
09-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Whoot! I made it to the Showdown and back. My clutch was making some strange noises on the way home. I tried getting it to hold the power on medium boost on the way home and it wasn't happening. Definitely need to get that swapped out pronto.

I can't believe it actually held the power on medium boost for 2 runs and DAMN it pulled like a freight train. I couldn't get traction for ****! I spun through 3rd on one run and the ass end came out on another run. Time to upgrade to slicks I guess.

Man, I feel like ****! I'm going to get some rest and try to kick this flu. I was losing my voice at the Showdown and by the time I got halfway home my voice was completely gone.

Best run of the day was 11.1 @ 128 mph spinning 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear.

good run bro.. to bad we could get the nitrous working :( ... and my ****IN REAR END GOT lose.. so no better then 12.4@ 118.9 mph for me... but at least i beat Danial on or way back ... lol

2.3 Evo 8
10-01-2007, 05:18 AM
Thanks guys. Nitrous gauge wouldn't show any pressure, but the bottle was pretty warm so I don't know what was going on there. I tried spraying twice but it didn't do anything but break up and the air/fuels dipped into the 10's.

I wish I didn't feel so sick or I wouldn't have played with the suspension and tire pressure a little more. After I hit a red light the wife and I left. I had to pull over on the way home and get an hour of sleep because I was so drained I kept falling asleep and running off the road every 15 seconds. DOH!

I think I dropped the tire pressure too low on the last two runs because I was wheel hopping pretty bad on those two. I also adjusted the suspension too much. Oh well, always next time. With 128 mph trap, that is a mid to low 10 second run with the correct setup and thats only on meduim boost so I'm pretty happy.

GGPIS3
10-01-2007, 10:46 AM
congrats bro.. 10s aren't far away at all!!

btw.. you gonna share this info with SSI? :???:

CHADbee
10-01-2007, 11:06 AM
we got a carbonetics triple disc sitting on the shelf wispering....

"phil come get me"

lol

iloveboost
10-01-2007, 12:10 PM
I was having problems too. My trunk didn't have a bottle in it. =|

Boris is in trouble if he can only pull ahead by a car on the 165 shot with me on motor, LOL! :ninja:

GTslOw
10-01-2007, 04:47 PM
good run bro.. to bad we could get the nitrous working :( ... and my ****IN REAR END GOT lose.. so no better then 12.4@ 118.9 mph for me... but at least i beat Danial on or way back ... lolboris you are wanting to race me and you only trap 119 on spray i trapped 118 at sdr on motor back in april :goodjob:

2.3 Evo 8
10-01-2007, 05:18 PM
we got a carbonetics triple disc sitting on the shelf wispering....

"phil come get me"

lol

Voice in Philips head says "they're price is a little too high".

PM me Chad.

OnURleft
10-01-2007, 06:08 PM
good run bro.. to bad we could get the nitrous working :( ... and my ****IN REAR END GOT lose.. so no better then 12.4@ 118.9 mph for me... but at least i beat Danial on or way back ... lol

Borris I thought you were doing better then that before with less? Am I wrong or were you not spraying as much.

Evolunchbox
10-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Phil, were you running race gas? Or just 93oct, meth, nos?

WickedIXMR
10-08-2007, 03:15 PM
I was having problems too. My trunk didn't have a bottle in it. =|

Boris is in trouble if he can only pull ahead by a car on the 165 shot with me on motor, LOL! :ninja:
LOLOL damn! Thats harsh i would like to see what the outcome would be with you on bottle :ninja: