PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods brake boosting?

KPowerEP3
09-29-2007, 10:46 PM
I hear this term thrown around a lot lately, but before this year, I don't know that I've ever heard it. going by the name, I'm guessing that it's giving throttle and brake at the same time to build boost when racing. Any insight on technique or good ways to practice?

UpSideDownDesi
09-30-2007, 12:29 AM
Where is that graffiti wall in your sig? About break boosted make sure ur car can handle and is up to take the beating...don't do it too much....gonna go through pads real quick lol, but ya that's pretty much it...not too much break...just enough to build boost on.

JDMJAYDC2
09-30-2007, 12:31 AM
ask nyteryder i saw him do it several times make sure you have plenty of room to slow down cause your brakes are gonna be hot as ish kinda just let it slow down instead of stepping on the pedal

KPowerEP3
09-30-2007, 12:35 AM
Where is that graffiti wall in your sig? About break boosted make sure ur car can handle and is up to take the beating...don't do it too much....gonna go through pads real quick lol, but ya that's pretty much it...not too much break...just enough to build boost on.

I dunno man, in mexico city somewhere I think, I just photoshopped it from a pic online, haven't had a chance to take any good pics of the talon yet. thanks for the info to both of you guys, though.

Tech5
09-30-2007, 02:27 AM
get a TWO STEP

Tech5
09-30-2007, 02:27 AM
am getting another one for my new ecu when I turbo my car this coming week

hondachick22
09-30-2007, 10:02 AM
hay joshase , u cant use 2 step on the highway. u brake boost when ur on the h.way

savincent
09-30-2007, 12:20 PM
I'm told all you have to do, is hold down the break pedal, hold the gas at about half way, wait till psi builds up, then quickly release the break and smash the gas.

I learned this from a guy that drives a blue SRT-4, I see him at the meet in Gwinnett every weekend, really cool guy, and if you get cool with him, he'll take you out to 85 and show you how to do it.

Hope this helps.

mocha latte cupcake
09-30-2007, 12:42 PM
thank you honda chick for saving me from posting that

AnthonyF
10-01-2007, 11:23 AM
MANIAC did it left and right. but yea...if ur brakes cant handle it...dont do it.

it's funny cuz dumbasses who dont know a lot about it tell me to brake boost....but I have a supercharger. lolol

Tank
10-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Buy nitrous.......................problem solved

AnthonyF
10-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Buy nitrous.......................problem solved

there was no problem in the 1st place. :thinking: :tongue1:

a more correct answer from you should have been

"get an automatic....problem solved" :goodjob:

KPowerEP3
10-01-2007, 11:46 AM
I was starting to get it down, but my crappy, original 143k mile clutch started slipping like hell now that I have the car and it gets beat on. Had to drop the boost back down and I still can't really get on it in 4th or 5th gear for passing purposes :(

Tank
10-01-2007, 11:48 AM
there was no problem in the 1st place. :thinking: :tongue1:

a more correct answer from you should have been

"get an automatic....problem solved" :goodjob:
i would have said get a auto but i really dont wanna hear :blah: :blah: :blah: manuals are more fun :blah: :blah: :blah: . and i knew there was no problem. gonna be out saturday. I was in gnet this weekend and didnt see no mustang :thinking:

AnthonyF
10-01-2007, 12:06 PM
i would have said get a auto but i really dont wanna hear :blah: :blah: :blah: manuals are more fun :blah: :blah: :blah: . and i knew there was no problem. gonna be out saturday. I was in gnet this weekend and didnt see no mustang :thinking:

the mustang was at home and I was in FL all week. The mustang wont be out for quite awhile...refer to "car talk" for more info. lol.

I was starting to get it down, but my crappy, original 143k mile clutch started slipping like hell now that I have the car and it gets beat on. Had to drop the boost back down and I still can't really get on it in 4th or 5th gear for passing purposes :(

another way to put it...is...DONT DO IT. You dont need to do it, espically by yourself or if ur not running for cash money.

Retro
10-01-2007, 04:27 PM
I learned this from a guy that drives a blue SRT-4

the only reason that you need to brake boost is if you have a big turbo. stock turbo cars, espacially srt-4's there is no need for brake boosting because the stock turbo spools so fast.

KPowerEP3
10-02-2007, 02:31 AM
For me it was one of those things to know how to do if need be, retro is right, I really don't need to do it, I can ride 2nd gear at 60 MPH with some powerband left to go, so basically as soon as I go WOT, I'm in boost.

ueyedgr8tness
10-02-2007, 07:21 AM
the only reason that you need to brake boost is if you have a big turbo. stock turbo cars, espacially srt-4's there is no need for brake boosting because the stock turbo spools so fast.

Wrong my when i break boosted it made a world of difference when doing 40 run's so i wouldn't say it don't help to do it on a srt4 cause i think it works great:yes:

Repost Squintz
10-02-2007, 10:17 AM
so how do you brake boost?

tko
10-02-2007, 10:23 AM
If you're doing a 40 roll, stay at 40 push down on the brakes, and give it gas. To use brake boosting the way its supposed to be used, you should have your foot all the way down on the gas. And still on the brakes, while still being at 40 mph.

Its not hard to do at all, everyone who said that your brakes take a beaten are full of it. Yeah they do, but your brakes won't go out like that, if you do it alot. I have 26k miles in my car and have been doing it since I had 12k miles and my brakes are still really good. The best way to learn is to have someone show you first hand.

KPowerEP3
10-02-2007, 10:24 AM
shift into your best gear for MPH, add light braking to hold speed and light throttle to build boost, then on take off floor it and let off braking simultaneously.

..at least, that's what I was doing.

Maniaç
10-02-2007, 10:51 AM
If you're doing a 40 roll, stay at 40 push down on the brakes, and give it gas. To use brake boosting the way its supposed to be used, you should have your foot all the way down on the gas. And still on the brakes, while still being at 40 mph.

Its not hard to do at all, everyone who said that your brakes take a beaten are full of it. Yeah they do, but your brakes won't go out like that, if you do it alot. I have 26k miles in my car and have been doing it since I had 12k miles and my brakes are still really good. The best way to learn is to have someone show you first hand. Impressive, +1. Thats something I would say, except the part where some people start brake boosting way to early and usually mess up when its time to use it. I think the best time to do it is on the first honk. Thats when I do it most of the time.

Brake boosting and honking at the same time takes alittle bit of practice. I know I used to get confused and use to much brake or honk way to fast and screw up. But practicing makes perfect, and I have learned how to brake boost on point and honking while doing it. Remember, there is a way to brake boosting using your hand brake, I've never tried that but I have heard it beign done that way too. Heard it works just the same.

MANIAC did it left and right. but yea...if ur brakes cant handle it...dont do it. I never brake boost, no need to. =D

And if you have decent brakes, don't worry about them going out early, until you start feeling like they don't grab anymore then you can stop.I have almost 30,000 miles on my car and haven't had to change mine so far. And me brake boosting, slowing down from high speeds quick and braking and taking corners, they're still pretty damn good. Lol. Might be diffrent for a car with 2 piston brakes though.

cuz dumbasses who dont know a lot about it tell me to brake boost....but I have a supercharger. lolol Lolol. Yes, there are some morons out there who can't tell the diffrence between a boost assisted car and super charged one.

Edit; Even if someone has a small stock turbo. Brake boosting still helps. I would know, like Stay_Up I too had a small ass TD-O4 and brake boosting helped alittle not alot but enough to get the job done.

Tech5
10-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Oh ok, I didnt see it about highway, thanks For letting me know

ueyedgr8tness
10-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Hey do what u got to do to win a race i guess even if that means brake boost on the hoe's do the damn thing.

iEvo
10-02-2007, 06:34 PM
do what u just said....u just have to try it....ull figure it out

GAtegs
10-15-2007, 04:39 PM
Fun.