PDA

View Full Version : Want some opinions

AlanŽ
09-28-2007, 11:04 PM
ok i am going to tell this story without giving unecessary details(i.e. names, etc)

a couple of years ago i lost a friend in a car accident in which he was the passenger and not the driver. the driver talked the passengers parents into allowing him out of the house to go hang out with a 2nd passenger along with himself by using a completely falsified story. after they leave and go do what they were going to do, they drop off the 2nd passenger and proceed to take the first passenger home. while going down a narrow 2 lane road that the posted speed limit is 35 the driver proceeds to accelerate to (unconfirmed but this seems accurate to me)82mph and then looses control spinning the car and eventually slaming it into a telephone pole. the passenger dies on impact but the driver manages to live and is later life flighted to an atlanta area hospital.

now here is where things get interesting......

the driver was a known drug user and the passenger also did on occasion but did not match the frequency or the level drugs that the driver used. after getting out of the hospital 2 weeks later the first thing he does is meet up with some friends and smoke out. over the next 2 years the driver proceeds to do more dangerous drugs and more frequently while awaiting trial. the guy is arrested for possesion, use, theft multiple times over then next 2 years. and not only that continues to drive in a wreckless maner(for example tripple digits on yet another two lane road in the presence of traffic).

more interesting...

the drivers defense is that he saw "a black fox in the road and slammed on the brakes and lost control of the car spinning a few times and then hit the telephone pole". 2 years later you finally get a call from the kids lawyer wanting to know if you saw a fox in the middle of the road or found one. the answer of course is no. because NO ONE DID. there are only two people that saw the "fox" and one of them is dead.

closing....

normally i would feel bad and would say let the guy off easy as he has to live with the fact that he killed one of his best friends but i have to draw the line somewhere. they guy has been and always probably will be a drug user a liar and a theif. had the driver changed his ways and conducted himself in a way that honored the deceased that would have been one thing but he didn't and for him to make up **** and say that he knows people that "saw a fox in the middle of the road" when there is no way in hell that anyone did is even more ridiculous. and imho anyone that agrees to lie for this kid to me is just as bad as he is.

AM I WRONG FOR FEELING LIKE THIS OR NO?

EDIT:IF ANYONE ON HERE KNOWS NAMES OF WHO I AM TALKING ABOUT PLEASE DON'T SAY THEM AS I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP THIS AS ANNONYMOUS AS POSSIBLE.

Echonova
09-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Short answer. There is no right or wrong way for you to feel. Your feelings are yours. I or someone else might feel different or the same as you. But since this is your burden, you need to decide how to handle it. No one else can make that decision for you.

AlanŽ
09-28-2007, 11:13 PM
^^^i guess your right but i just want to see if i am the only one that feels like this keed needs to be punished with more than a slap on the wrist(community service probation)most not all but most of my friends feel the same way as i do(time in jail)but i wanted to get some peoples opinions that are not tied to whats going on.

Echonova
09-28-2007, 11:38 PM
My personal opinion I agree with you. Kid needs more than a slap on the wrist; he needs to see the inside of the intensive care unit. Or I would marry his ass to the dirt and throw in the Tux’s for free, but ending up in jail is not the first priority on my list. He's not worth it. Karma comes around, believe that.

AlanŽ
09-28-2007, 11:45 PM
^yea but some people manage to blow **** like karma off man. i'm just really pissed off man and have been for the last 2 days the guy was originally charged with vehicular manslaughter then vehicular homicide now his lawyer/my lawyer got his charges dropped to wreckless driving so that got me raging. then to find out his defense is this stupid fox thing? and what really gets me is that supposedly he has gotten a few people to testify for him. to testify what? thats what i want to know. i have already called the d.a.'s office today and i should be hearing from them next weeek cause there is no way in hell i will let this **** go down easy. the victim was one of my best friends and i feel that i would be doing him a disservice by not standing up for him. his mom recently flew the cokoo's nest and moved to england so she doesnt even know whats going (i dont think) so.

Echonova
09-28-2007, 11:52 PM
Well the sad truth is, if his mom is gone, and he is deceased.... Who is going to speak for him? Fox in the road or not the dumb bastard shouldn't have been doing 82.

AlanŽ
09-28-2007, 11:55 PM
^^^see and thats exactly how i feel which i s why out all my friends i took the initiative to call the d.a.'s office and offer up any information i have because at this point who know whatever i know my help but even if it isn't any help at least i can sleep better at night knowing that i at least tried to help in anyway i could. i would hope if it was reversed and i was the one 6 feet under that at least one of my friends would do the same.

AlanŽ
09-28-2007, 11:56 PM
boomer i see you in this thread and if you remember names just don't even say them

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (3 members and 0 guests)
redGT, Boomer27, s13slider

s13sliderŽ
09-29-2007, 12:03 AM
short reply (long one will come tommorworw / later today ) burn his ass , if i killed oneof my friends for being stupid i would be the first to sy i ****ed up , send me to jail so i can reflect .

goodnight all and sleep well sorry bout your lose bro karma does combak and my response tommorow will be longer .

Echonova
09-29-2007, 12:03 AM
^^^see and thats exactly how i feel which i s why out all my friends i took the initiative to call the d.a.'s office and offer up any information i have because at this point who know whatever i know my help but even if it isn't any help at least i can sleep better at night knowing that i at least tried to help in anyway i could. i would hope if it was reversed and i was the one 6 feet under that at least one of my friends would do the same.
Do what you can do, that's the best way to honor your friend. I believe that as long as you remember your friend, he is not dead. As long as the fallen are not forgotten, they will live.

s13sliderŽ
09-29-2007, 12:04 AM
and damn echo is an intellectual mofo

AlanŽ
09-29-2007, 12:05 AM
short reply (long one will come tommorworw / later today ) burn his ass , if i killed oneof my friends for being stupid i would be the first to sy i ****ed up , send me to jail so i can reflect .

goodnight all and sleep well sorry bout your lose bro karma does combak and my response tommorow will be longer .
i appreciate the input reps when i read the lengthy one

AlanŽ
09-29-2007, 12:06 AM
Do what you can do, that's the best way to honor your friend. I believe that as long as you remember your friend, he is not dead. As long as the fallen are not forgotten, they will live.
:goodjob: exactly how i feel man which is why I am doing what I can

RandomGuy
09-29-2007, 12:06 AM
whatever goes on in life echoes for an eternity.

AlanŽ
09-29-2007, 12:09 AM
i am actually surprised that i have two votes for no punishment at all i would actually love to hear why not. i am really trying to understand all aspects of this cause i want to know if maybe i am missing something

Echonova
09-29-2007, 12:11 AM
and damn echo is an intellectual mofo
I didn't get this far in life by being stupid. I just love IA 'cause I can post without forethought and just be me. However this is a touchy subject with me, because I have lost too many to count to stupid **** like this. The mind has to find a way to rationalize it, or you'll go insane.

RandomGuy
09-29-2007, 12:12 AM
i am actually surprised that i have two votes for no punishment at all i would actually love to hear why not. i am really trying to understand all aspects of this cause i want to know if maybe i am missing something
well i only did that to be an asshat.... seemed like the asshat thing to do

i read the first few lines and i'm like **** this could get depressing might as well stop reading now haha

Echonova
09-29-2007, 12:13 AM
whatever goes on in life echoes for an eternity.Gladiator FTMFW!!

AlanŽ
09-29-2007, 12:14 AM
well i only did that to be an asshat.... seemed like the asshat thing to do

i read the first few lines and i'm like **** this could get depressing might as well stop reading now haha
:thinking: :screwy: :no: :no:

Echonova
09-29-2007, 12:24 AM
:thinking: :screwy: :no: :no:Eh? That's Random Guy. I've never met him... But got dayumm his shyte is out of left field. Feelings be dammned... I like him. I hate the stupid f-ing filter taht makes me spell shyte wrong, so I can get my point across....

AlanŽ
09-29-2007, 12:25 AM
lol i knew that was gonna happen eventually its ia so im not surprised or bothered by it

Echonova
09-29-2007, 12:33 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/533235641_l.gif

RandomGuy
09-29-2007, 12:34 AM
http://break.com/index/car-vs-scooter.html

AlanŽ
09-29-2007, 12:34 AM
lol at echonova holy **** at random guy thats ****ed up i was surprised the dude was still alive

AlanŽ
09-29-2007, 12:03 PM
anyone else have any input opinions etc.

quickdodgeŽ
09-29-2007, 12:07 PM
anyone else have any input opinions etc.

If they did they'll probably post them. You don't have to bump this thread. Later, QD.

Kyle
09-29-2007, 12:32 PM
Kid deserves time. The "black fox" excuse is the dumbest thing I've heard. Even if there was something in the road, if he was going the speed limit he could have stopped fine. He sounds like an idiot who needs to be kept off the road for everyones sake.

quickdodgeŽ
09-29-2007, 12:40 PM
. i am really trying to understand all aspects of this cause i want to know if maybe i am missing something

I'm not voting, but did you ever think that if the deceased passenger hadn't lied to his parents in the first place to get to go out, he might not be in the position he is in now? Maybe if he didn't associate with people like the driver? I wouldn't think of getting in a car by a drug user, let alone someone that has just used. Later, QD.

AlanŽ
09-29-2007, 02:12 PM
i completely agree with you but to clarify from what i know the driver was not on anything at the time of the accident

"B"
09-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Cliff notes for those of us that don't give a **** or have children to take care of?

AlanŽ
09-29-2007, 02:29 PM
cliffnotes:
guy talks his buddy into making up a bull**** story to get out of the house
guy gets buddy killed by doing 82mph in a 35mph zone in which the road is narrow
guy who was a druggie before continues to be a druggie and gets arrested atleast 4x
guy makes up b.s. story about a black fox in the middle of the road and has"witnesses to prove it"
does he deserve jail time or no?

"B"
09-29-2007, 02:36 PM
He deserves jail time for reckless driving and man slaughter. If I can get arrested for stopping my ex from hitting me infront of our daughter, than this guy deserves a lot more than that. if he is arrested 4 times, why is he not already in jail?

AlanŽ
09-29-2007, 02:45 PM
don't ask me man i dont know what i am really pissed off about is that his charges went from vehicular manslaughter to vehicular homicide to now they are wreckless driving and yet the kid is still fighting that.

"B"
09-29-2007, 02:59 PM
Cliff notes for those of us that don't give a **** or have children to take care of?
I choose the the former.

AlanŽ
09-29-2007, 09:10 PM
*scratches head*ok

BlkCD5
09-30-2007, 11:06 PM
They should of done a polygraph test. I mean, the guy can only run away from so much. He should get the max amount for that charge. What kind of judge lets him slip by with the other past convictions :???: