PDA

View Full Version : Need help with air in my civic ! ! !

cactusEG
09-28-2007, 03:15 PM
I have a 1995 honda civic. The air dosnt work some times, once in a while it will kick in but most of the time it dosnt (not my AC).. i dont think it would be my blower motor, or i might be wrong? If this is'nt enough info just ask me for more. Reps for the ppl with good info and help.:goodjob:

itsjustdee
09-28-2007, 03:38 PM
get a new oneeeee duhhh :P lol jk jk
*sigh*
my civic is falling apart too...

ryanh300
09-28-2007, 04:05 PM
*sigh*

Yeah my AC hasnt worked in a while..I have been meaning to take it out of my engine haha too costly to fix it

xb1
09-28-2007, 04:42 PM
so is there flow from the vents all the time, just no cold air, or is the actual airflow intermittent?

cactusEG
09-28-2007, 04:50 PM
so is there flow from the vents all the time, just no cold air, or is the actual airflow intermittent?

the AC dosnt work. but thats not the problem, no air dosnt comes out from the vents when u flip the switch (but some times it dose work)

cactusEG
09-28-2007, 04:51 PM
*sigh*

Aman sister lol i do need a new car, im just swamped with bills and ****..

mxglory258
09-28-2007, 05:49 PM
the AC dosnt work. but thats not the problem, no air dosnt comes out from the vents when u flip the switch (but some times it dose work)
Probably the blower motor. I had to put one in my 91 Hatch. When I did, I pulled it out of my EF Sedan, but also did away with all the AC components as well.

cactusEG
09-28-2007, 11:16 PM
Probably the blower motor. I had to put one in my 91 Hatch. When I did, I pulled it out of my EF Sedan, but also did away with all the AC components as well.

yea i might as well change it. but it works once in a while so thats y i didnt think it was the blower motor ?

mxglory258
09-28-2007, 11:24 PM
yea i might as well change it. but it works once in a while so thats y i didnt think it was the blower motor ?
Mine had the same symptoms. Eventually, after being able to tap it for it to work, it quit completely.

cactusEG
09-28-2007, 11:25 PM
Mine had the same symptoms. Eventually, after being able to tap it for it to work, it quit completely.

how hard is it to change one ??

Tree
09-28-2007, 11:25 PM
have you tryed to get it re-cahrged? i have to do that to mine

cactusEG
09-28-2007, 11:29 PM
have you tryed to get it re-cahrged? i have to do that to mine

its not the ac im worried about. I took most of the ac stuff out, im worried about the air and blowing hot air for winter ..

Tree
09-28-2007, 11:30 PM
you have to go somewhere.. i think its like 30 or 45 to get it done..

ash7
09-29-2007, 02:06 AM
It could be two things...

1) climate control

2) blower motor

but before you go nuts and start replacing parts, look for loose connections. There should be a 2 pin plug on your motor, see if it's loose. There is also a wind force sensor on the fan housing with a 4 pin plug on it, the blower motor will not work without this.

I've rarely seen a blower motor go bad because it's a simple device; your problem is intermittent, which makes me think that you have a loose wire or the climate control is your problem.

-jonathan

cactusEG
09-29-2007, 02:37 AM

1) climate control

2) blower motor

but before you go nuts and start replacing parts, look for loose connections. There should be a 2 pin plug on your motor, see if it's loose. There is also a wind force sensor on the fan housing with a 4 pin plug on it, the blower motor will not work without this.

I've rarely seen a blower motor go bad because it's a simple device; your problem is intermittent, which makes me think that you have a loose wire or the climate control is your problem.

-jonathan

best help yet :goodjob:

Dr.G35
09-29-2007, 03:13 AM
also might be your ac switch, check that too. also, turn it on heat and if it doesnt work it is the blower motor.

IDCoconut
09-29-2007, 05:34 AM
I would start with your fan switch. Do you have a volt meter? If so, check if you're getting voltage to your blower. If not, it's definately just the switch. I'll putmy money on the switch.

If it still blows once in awhile, then the blower is fine, power is just not getting there. If its cold when it does blow, then the system is charged and doesn't need to be charged.

RBS
09-29-2007, 08:53 AM
hell check your fuses, they always go bad lol

mxglory258
09-29-2007, 09:48 AM

1) climate control

2) blower motor

-jonathan
Good call.

Cactus. It was kind of a pain in the ass, had to pull the glove compartment, and to get everything to fit where it lines up is kind of a pain. More than anything alot of the bolts and screws were just a pain in the ass to get to. Hwoever, I didn't only change the motor, I replaced all the ducting under the dash as well.

Good luck!

cactusEG
09-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Good call.

Cactus. It was kind of a pain in the ass, had to pull the glove compartment, and to get everything to fit where it lines up is kind of a pain. More than anything alot of the bolts and screws were just a pain in the ass to get to. Hwoever, I didn't only change the motor, I replaced all the ducting under the dash as well.

Good luck!

lol im gonna need it..

JDMJAYDC2
09-29-2007, 02:56 PM
get a integra=problem fixed!

no sounds like your blower motor thats what happened to my dc when i first got it

xb1
09-30-2007, 04:50 PM
its not the ac im worried about. I took most of the ac stuff out, im worried about the air and blowing hot air for winter ..
Did you take out the ac evaporator next to the blower? Sometimes lots of crap gets stuck in the evaporator core fins and blocks airflow. I cleaned mine out (nasty as hell) and found entire leaves in there. That may be part of the problem as well, but I'd say blower wires are likely the cause as well.

cactusEG
09-30-2007, 11:10 PM
Did you take out the ac evaporator next to the blower? Sometimes lots of crap gets stuck in the evaporator core fins and blocks airflow. I cleaned mine out (nasty as hell) and found entire leaves in there. That may be part of the problem as well, but I'd say blower wires are likely the cause as well.

thanks for the help.. didnt think of that

iNsTuN nOoDoH
10-01-2007, 08:40 AM
I would check connections as well. It might also be the blower motor relay, which is located in the fuse box under the hood. Try switching it out with the horn relay and see if the problem is still there. I think the blower motor relay is the one in the middle of the three relays? If I'm not mistaking, I think the blower motor is only held on by 3 screws that you could get to from under the glove box...

cactusEG
10-01-2007, 11:22 AM
I would check connections as well. It might also be the blower motor relay, which is located in the fuse box under the hood. Try switching it out with the horn relay and see if the problem is still there. I think the blower motor relay is the one in the middle of the three relays? If I'm not mistaking, I think the blower motor is only held on by 3 screws that you could get to from under the glove box...

thanks man, i'll check it out..

GSRtegŪ
10-01-2007, 12:02 PM
Its the blower motor bro. But if you really want to test it when it doesnt come on.... let the passenger kick the blower motor and if it start then you know. :yes:

AnthonyF
10-01-2007, 12:11 PM
i'm kinda confused...the AIR as in...the Speed of the air knob? Check ur relays. Sometimes they like to go in and out. an easy way to check (half ass way) tap on them see if the air turns on, also possibly a short like i'm sure some1 else has already stated.

if u cant fix it...stick ur head out the window

1kreationz40
10-01-2007, 04:53 PM
go under the dash and located the blower motor, and find the harness wire and mess around with it, i had a situation like this too...all i did was flick the wire here and there, and it started blowing.....or check out the relays too......!

Pavlo
10-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Check if you are getting voltage to the blower motor when it's not working (might be hard to find that moment, and have a volt meter ready lol). If you have a +, but no -, then it is the blower motor resistor. If you have both +, and - then it is the blower motor. If you aren't getting **** then it's either a relay, or a bad connection somewhere; or possibly the actual switch at the climate control panel.

JDM onlyy
10-03-2007, 09:32 PM

1) climate control

2) blower motor

-jonathan

I was thinking this same thing. That his wires or loose or something came loose, since its working once in awhile and sometimes it doesn't. But I don't know, I never messed with blower motors.

cactusEG
10-04-2007, 07:29 AM
any one have a diagram ? i'll rep u !

xb1
10-04-2007, 09:38 AM
hold on ill get one for you